Marzocchi 55 CR Forks 2013

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are you sure it isn't the coil 55 r for those dollars? Seen them for that price but $647 is best I've seen for the air 55cr..
If not, yep, buy.
$560 from my lbs for the win. But they can't hook me up again for that price. Apparently the new model is plenty more.

stoo

Likes Dirt
Same, I paid more for the 2014 model.
Does anyone have a set of 350s yet or have we all been convinced that the only option is pikes?
Got any blacker?

Culley

Likes Dirt
Hey Culley.... If money wasn't an issue and you were looking for a fork from 160-170 would you still be considering these given you've had a good experience with them?
yeah mate they are great. I can only really compare them to my old fox 36 floats and i prefer the 55cr a hell of a lot more
I've got the 170mm ones
im super happy with my decision

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This isn't a particularly large jump, but if anyone still has any reservations about the 55cr forks....mine have been hitting this and similar 2-3 sessions a week for about a year now.

(sorry about the shifty photo quality, I had to cut it out of a pretty nice shot that was too big to upload).

log jump.jpg

Culley

Likes Dirt
I love these forks but I've had them loose presure twice now with them
Currently getting fixed under warranty but wondering if anyone else has had this problem??

will2

Likes Dirt
Yay, this thread is still alive! To my point, I own the 2012 55r's, which are bloody choice but the front end weight is getting me down (coils) especially on a bit anchor of a porygon (Pokémon anyone). I was thinking could you exchange the coil to an air assembly? And would the warranty go out the door?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yay, this thread is still alive! To my point, I own the 2012 55r's, which are bloody choice but the front end weight is getting me down (coils) especially on a bit anchor of a porygon (Pokémon anyone). I was thinking could you exchange the coil to an air assembly? And would the warranty go out the door?
Warranty is usually out the door after 12months of owning them from new (original owner), so that may or may not be your concern...

I had an older set of 55ata a while back. The travel died (common problem with them) and I contacted the distributor for advice (SCV imports). They were super helpful (these guys are really great to deal with, I could rave on...) and advised that the only real solution was to put a coil spring set up in. It seemed there was no air solution. This may no longer he the case so I would contact them or ns dynamics (I believe they are now the marzocchi service centre) and inquire. You'll get more accurate advice there than here...

Or as Moorey says. That price is pretty sharp.

will2

Likes Dirt
Warranty is usually out the door after 12months of owning them from new (original owner), so that may or may not be your concern...

I had an older set of 55ata a while back. The travel died (common problem with them) and I contacted the distributor for advice (SCV imports). They were super helpful (these guys are really great to deal with, I could rave on...) and advised that the only real solution was to put a coil spring set up in. It seemed there was no air solution. This may no longer he the case so I would contact them or ns dynamics (I believe they are now the marzocchi service centre) and inquire. You'll get more accurate advice there than here...

Or as Moorey says. That price is pretty sharp.

Bicycles online cover parts for 2 years bike is only 6 months old. I was only thinking an air switch if it is a fairly inexpensive deal. say the air assembly was 150 odd dollars and I could do the labour myself, after a bit of a search it doesn't sem that way.
Second thoughts probably not worth it there aren't many grams in it, the chassis us still a truck of a thing. Moorey probably would get x-fusion, that price is pretty choice as well and from all accounts are pretty good when thrown against the big boys.

moorey

call me Mia
Bicycles online cover parts for 2 years bike is only 6 months old. I was only thinking an air switch if it is a fairly inexpensive deal. say the air assembly was 150 odd dollars and I could do the labour myself, after a bit of a search it doesn't sem that way.
Second thoughts probably not worth it there aren't many grams in it, the chassis us still a truck of a thing. Moorey probably would get x-fusion, that price is pretty choice as well and from all accounts are pretty good when thrown against the big boys.
I have heard a few grumbling over support from xfusion. Great fork, poor support. Might just be a rare thing, but it's what I heard.

FLOYD1

Likes Dirt
love my 55 RC3 Ti

Just rebuilt my 55 RC3 Ti Thought I would polish it at the same time. I find there is a little stiction at the start of the stroke, hope its just the seal breaking in. Got excited with putting on decals and i have wazocchis ( decal upside down??)IMG_0071 (800x600).jpgIMG_0083 (800x800).jpg

Last edited:

will2

Likes Dirt
I have heard a few grumbling over support from xfusion. Great fork, poor support. Might just be a rare thing, but it's what I heard.

Have heard from a few you have to send back to DIYMTB otherwise void in your warranty, good to hear a few stories if I were to buy a new fork, cheers bud.

stoo

Likes Dirt
They look ace!!!
Are the lowers Alu or Mag? If mag they're gonna turn really grey really quick if not coated.....

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bicycles online cover parts for 2 years bike is only 6 months old.
Be wary of this. I am currently getting a set of Fox 36 repaired under warranty. I too thought it meant 2 years on all parts..but it is only on their inhouse brand "entity", not the shocks, fork, wheels, etc...:whistle:

In saying that, they are coming to the party to warranty the forks and the majority of the costs with replacing the csu on the forks. :clap2:

stoo

Likes Dirt
Arse, most of the way through the ride this morning I heard a noise on a downhill, and the new bike started handling like shit instantly.
All compression and rebound damping gone, they turned into complete pogo sticks.
They're still under warranty and I have a spare pair so all good, they're still ace forks, hopefully if this ever happens out of warranty it's a cheap and easy fix.

will2

Likes Dirt
Be wary of this. I am currently getting a set of Fox 36 repaired under warranty. I too thought it meant 2 years on all parts..but it is only on their inhouse brand "entity", not the shocks, fork, wheels, etc...:whistle:

In saying that, they are coming to the party to warranty the forks and the majority of the costs with replacing the csu on the forks. :clap2:

Jeez, that's shit. Lucky they cover the wheels for two years, my rear hub packed in after 4 months, doesn't worry me, If I am still riding a polygon in two years I'll eat my hat!