NSW Mill Creek Conservation Park (Menai) - MTB Trail building Thread

Blakey

Squid
I think there was a post on fb about more info being released. Can anyone fill us in? Would like to go for a ride but no idea of it's allowed yet and where the trail is (meant to be signage?)

Zarken

Likes Bikes
I am in the same boat. I used to ride Menai all the time a few years ago. I have just come back and went to go for a ride but was stopped by the signs so i thought i would jump on here to check out what the go is. Also i would be interested in the build days having just missed December i was wondering if January is happening or if the ranger is on holidays, build team on holidays etc. Also just wondering where the meeting point is, i know the tip but am unsure about the gate to the riding area.

Cheers

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
guys the trails we have made are open but ....
the best way to find out where they are is to come
to a build day, next one is 11th Jan, I think, or try to
line up someone to show you where they are.
went out today, the new track we cut in rides really
well, the A line we made may have to be changed to a B line
as even I was able to make it down without crashing.....
well, 1 out of 2 without crashing :thumb:
with some time off over christmas i might do a couple of
fixer upper days,
one thing we desperately need is a track from the creek back up
towards Heathcoat Rd. so we can have a proper big loop.

markb84

Likes Dirt
The new track we cut in rides really
well, the A line we made may have to be changed to a B line
as even I was able to make it down without crashing.....
well, 1 out of 2 without crashing :thumb:
Really glad to hear that, did it ride nicely? i.e. not awkward? The line looked good but you can't tell before it's ridden.

Can't wait to head over on Sunday for a ride!

Zarken

Likes Bikes
I plan on attending the next build day unfortunately feb 8 is a long time to wait. I will probably head out that way for a run and explore that way then return on the bike.

stinky 510

Likes Dirt
The entire track has been carefully designed and customised for extreme tandem.

Hopefully in Feb we can finally get the unicycle loop opened up, I'm excited!

sweet…. just have to fit the twin dropper post's to my tandem and then heading out for a ride

markb84

Likes Dirt
Looks like i've had enough and decided to leave. Justin clearly wanted to smash rocks.......despite his insistence that he didn't.

I'm just standing there, trying to visualise the tandem line.

Seriously though, I think this section needs to have tandem in the name. The word 'tandem' was mentioned more than anything else whilst we were building it.

my02

Likes Dirt
Is this the bit at the big right hand berm just after the two jumps next to the fence line (somebody mentioned it yesterday)?

Might go for a sticky beak tomorrow and see if I can do some extra curricular work.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
my02 that's the one, you chuck a left just after the burm onto (tandem drop ) :thumb:
there are 2 lines we started on, an A and B , to me the A line is easier as you have a straight line
down it ,the B is a bit more technical, especially if you carry to much speed down the first roll down
and I'm only a average rider,
willsy ,yeah, he stood around and watched you me and mark try to smash the hardest rock known
to man, and then steeped up and hit of one piece of sandstone, then proclaimed (well boys another job well done ):whip:
if there is enought interest, we should get together one day after chrissy and finish it off?

markb84

Likes Dirt
he stood around and watched you me and mark try to smash the hardest rock known
to man, and then steeped up and hit of one piece of sandstone, then proclaimed (well boys another job well done ):whip:
Too true!!

if there is enought interest, we should get together one day after chrissy and finish it off?
I'll be away until 3 January but would be keen to have a bit of a 'ride and tweak' day (by tweak I'm referring to the track and not drugs or nipples).

'For Those About To Tandem We Salute You'
'Tandem 'til I die'
'Tandem Hard'
'Tandem Harder'
'Tandem III - Tandem Hard with a vengeance'
'Live free or Tandem Hard'
'Tandemspotting'
'Clear and present Tandem'
'Finding Tandem'
'The Rocky Tandem Picture Show'
'Pulp Tandem'
'Tandem Club'