NSW Mill Creek Conservation Park (Menai) - MTB Trail building Thread

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
There are trail markers along some of the trail but more
Need to be installed all around the hole trail network, but as it's still
taking shape not all the trails have been signposted as yet, as for the "multiple lines" we haven't made any, you maybe riding old trails and once you know your way around you'll realize there are two" loops" out there.....one stays on the tip
side the other crosses over the creek and heads west, towards Heathcote rd and speaking of Heathcote Rd. ....
When you get to the top near Heathcote Rd turn left along the fire road , about 400/500 meters
On the left it drops down, then just follow your nose. .

CraigM81

Likes Bikes
I always used to think I was lost at the bottom near the creek before the climb up to heathcote rd. I'd hit all that sand and think "no way this is the trail" :heh:

That side could use a couple signs where the single tracks leave the fire trails, and yeah we should collect those trail closed signs next build day

markb84

Likes Dirt
I always used to think I was lost at the bottom near the creek before the climb up to heathcote rd. I'd hit all that sand and think "no way this is the trail" :heh:

That side could use a couple signs where the single tracks leave the fire trails, and yeah we should collect those trail closed signs next build day
It'd be good to look into what we could do down there actually, I wonder whether we could cross the fire trail and add another little bit of single that pops out opposite the creek crossing?

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
How ya going Mark. ...
Mate we need to make a" few" decisions out there, last build day we discussed what to do
with the tree at the start of Matts roll down of death, there was talk of getting rid of it but we decide
that it didn't seem to be problem to those that rode it, so we left it. ..
We also talked about what should be done in regards to the up/down trail next to the roll down, it's in
a bad way with major work needed to make it work, we also need to work out what we are going to do
with the stray bullets redirection

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Dig day this Saturday ... 7.45am at the gate.

feel free to bring your rigs, although I have to didi mao at 12.

some things on the list ... Put some corners in to methane and extend a little.
maybe increase the radius on a few corners in the new section from last time ..l needs a name!
maybe head over the creek ...

Dan is the man with the plan ... But more hands means more trail.

CraigM81

Likes Bikes
Yew! I think the crossover is top of the list on sat along with cutting new trail. Hopefully we get a good turn out :D

stinky 510

Likes Dirt
Dig day this Saturday ... 7.45am at the gate.

feel free to bring your rigs, although I have to didi mao at 12.

some things on the list ... Put some corners in to methane and extend a little.
maybe increase the radius on a few corners in the new section from last time ..l needs a name!
maybe head over the creek ...

Dan is the man with the plan ... But more hands means more trail.
Do you mean make the corners 90 degree Al?

I think the section was called "Red head with his cock out", at least that was a name discussed last month.

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Stinky, that photo is awesome!!!! Who's a clever puppy; working out how to use construction equipment?!!!

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The loop that brings you back out at the start of methane ally, is there any plans to build more singletrack there or will it remain as firetrail? I think the last bit of singletrack is called "kill bill" on strava before it becomes firetrail.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
not right now re plans for single track .we did ask / suggest sniggle in there in place of the fire trail return... But it runs through some critically endangered stuff ... Which staff wanted to by pass.

We've chosen not to push for it now or any time soon ... But if ANSTO doesn't come to the party anytime soon, then maybe.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Cracker of a day and a nice turn out. Lucky I didn't can it yesterday when it was bucketing :crazy:

Thanks Guys and Gals for the massive effort ... And big ups to Dan for all the bush bushing and flagging out the gems.

Attachments

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Love the work folks; will be up soon to sample your wares. I work Saturday mornings, otherwise I'd be there with you all. Keep it up! :)

Hey guys, the new work sounds awesome. I've only ridden there once and got reallllll lost. What's the best place to start/ find your way around there? Any help would be much appreciated.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
They were probably after those 2 xc guys that we saw. ....:becky:
I may go out and have a look to see if the new section has held any water
after the rain last night....