NSW Mill Creek Conservation Park (Menai) - MTB Trail building Thread

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I don't think there's any plans for DH.
Not in the area we are currently working on with ANSTO and Council ... but I haven't given up on other areas. All a matter of time and willingness by all parties.

Howdy Bike Bender ... there is talk of a mid week group, but we haven't really focused on getting that organised (If we can get an indication of numbers we can raise it with Kevin) ...

Also what do you mean by really technical ? do you mean hectic descending ?? fast but tight turns ?? rock and more rock ?? ... fast sections with surprise rock ledges ?? Something that moves your body around from side to side, up and down, makes you feel like your going fast when you might not be ??? I certainly hope so !!

Or do you mean something to plow my DH rig into for 42seconds, huck some shizz and push back up in 15 minutes ... not at the moment, but see above ... there are more appropriate areas for this and better terrain.

Back to more important things
I have my new rig so keen for a pedal afterwards ... anyone want to join me ??? I'll likely park at ANSTO CP and pedal across. say a couple hours although I'm a slug for fitness as always.

Lastly ... I've got a few Muckynutz to give away, courtesy of Pushie :) ... new faces get priority.

my02

Likes Dirt
Back to more important things
I have my new rig so keen for a pedal afterwards ... anyone want to join me ??? I'll likely park at ANSTO CP and pedal across. say a couple hours although I'm a slug for fitness as always.
I'm hoping to dig and ride but I lost an argument with a rocky chute today and i have a feeling I will be feeling older than my already considerable years come tomorrow morning.

Oh and that reminds me, I need a new set of G Form Knee Pads! Don't suppose you've got a spare set of 2XLs knocking around that I could relieve you of??

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
From SSORC ...

Southern Sydney Off Road Cyclists SSORC
5:40 PM (5 hours ago)

to

Hi Everyone,
So after a busy few months we have completed a loop of sorts on the council land we have access to. Its only around 3Km but its pretty good fun.

Whilst we work on access to another parcel of council land, its a good opportunity this month to take a ride of what we have done to date. Council has also kindly offered to provide a bbq breaky/lunch (think bunnings sausage sandwiches) in appreciation of our efforts.

SO, we wont be doing any buiding this month. Plan is to ride what we have built a few times, have a bit of fun, and maybe if we feel up to it cross over the creek for an explore up towards heathcote road and identify options for some trail work in there .Follow this up with a sausage sanger or 3 and the morning will be done.

Plan will be to meet at the usual spot at 830 instead of 8.

Please come along for a look and a ride, everyone is welcome. If you can confirm if you are coming by COB thursday that would be great, so we can plan what we need for saturday.

And note, this isnt the fomal opening in anyway shape or form. Just taking a bit of advantage of a lull in our efforts to sample what we have done. Back into it next month.

Look forward to seeing you for a ride.

Kind Regards

Justin

mrptl

Likes Bikes
If we arrive a bit later than 8.30am… can we still try the loop?
–– well I arrived at 10am in front a locked gate, so I guess it was a no :)

Last edited:

Bike bender

Cannon Fodder
Not in the area we are currently working on with ANSTO and Council ... but I haven't given up on other areas. All a matter of time and willingness by all parties.

Howdy Bike Bender ... there is talk of a mid week group, but we haven't really focused on getting that organised (If we can get an indication of numbers we can raise it with Kevin) ...

Also what do you mean by really technical ? do you mean hectic descending ?? fast but tight turns ?? rock and more rock ?? ... fast sections with surprise rock ledges ?? Something that moves your body around from side to side, up and down, makes you feel like your going fast when you might not be ??? I certainly hope so !!

Or do you mean something to plow my DH rig into for 42seconds, huck some shizz and push back up in 15 minutes ... not at the moment, but see above ... there are more appropriate areas for this and better

Thanks for the reply Nerf Herder. I went to the "demo day" last month really enjoyed what has been constructed to date. Hopefully there will be a little bit more challenging sections to come. Maybe a couple of A lines and B lines. I will be coming on Saturday to help out but only for a little while. Hopefully Sundays can happen soon in which I can donate a whole day of my time.

Cheers

JBR

Likes Dirt
Just a reminder we have a build day this Saturday, 745am @ Little Forest Rd.

Looking to open up some old trails so main task is going to be cutting back all the overgrown vegetation, determining what we have to work with and going from there.

Hope to See you there.

Justin

JBR

Likes Dirt
Yes there is a build day this saturday. Usual spot, 0745hrs. Going to work on the same trails as last month.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
Guys it's probably best to ask JBR (justin)
as there's a track thats open but unless you've been up there on one of the build days, it will be hard to find
all so the hole area isn't open , so you can't just turn up and ride where ever you want.

shore_2

Likes Dirt
whole place is just as open as it's always been. Go for a ride out there whenever you want. I ride there twice a week.