Mont Wrap Up

mhg

Likes Bikes
With all the RFID timing, maybe they could put a timing point a couple of km from the transition hooked up to those alarm thingies you get in pubs to let you know your surf & turf is ready. The alarm would go off when your team rider crosses the timing point and the alarm would go off, that way you wouldn't have to get out of your sleeping bag until just before you needed to get to transition.
What a bloody great idea, sign me up ... I spent 15 minutes waiting in the middle of the night in the cold because my team mate had a light failure :(

M

mycyclingdisorder

Am I missing something? I can't seem to find them...
Sorry, go mont24.com.au and click through from the main page or the NEWS item drop down and you'll get right in.

Now I'm off riding... :D

Mick01

Likes Bikes
With all the RFID timing, maybe they could put a timing point a couple of km from the transition hooked up to those alarm thingies you get in pubs to let you know your surf & turf is ready. The alarm would go off when your team rider crosses the timing point and the alarm would go off, that way you wouldn't have to get out of your sleeping bag until just before you needed to get to transition.
My team has been using these at a few of the 8/12/24 races this year for this purpose --> D1804. You get on the radio when you are a few minutes from transition to let your team mate know you are coming in. Has worked really well for something so small and cheap (apart from at Stromlo where we were camped beside the 4X mounds, which seemed to limit reception from the red lap).

Mick

Last edited:

DaGonz

Eats Squid
My team has been using these at a few of the 8/12/24 races this year for this purpose --> D1804. You get on the radio when you are a few minutes from transition to let your team mate know you are coming in. Has worked really well for something so small and cheap (apart from at Stromlo where we were camped beside the 4X mounds, which seemed to limit reception from the red lap).
you can get more powerful ones though for not a lot more dosch. Jason english used a mobile to phone home with during the scott for an "out of the square" solution...

Cheers
Gonz

tjb

Likes Dirt
I just got my finishers bottle opener from a team mate ... how sweet is that! Nice work Mont organisers!

phez7

Squid
Mont24 doco

A quick note for Canberra locals - there's a short documentary on one of the teams in this year's Mont playing on ABC's Stateline tomorrow (Friday 30 November 07) at 7:30pm.

There's also a half-hour piece in production. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Dave.