MotoGP 2019

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Ducati's have always been purty, gives you a way to pass the time on the side of the road waiting for a mate to come and get you. Just a joke, I'd have one in a heart beat if I could, but man they are exy.

It's all good, but I dunno how they get the unreliable reputation. Certainly not in my experience. I’ve owned 8 Ducatis, both bevels and belts, and only ever been stranded on the side of the road twice. Once was me running out of petrol, duh, and the other time was blatant neglect on my part, by deciding to ride my blowing smoke 600 Pantah home from a 60 lap ride day at Calder. It had heaps of kays on it, had toured two up to Queensland and back, and I had caned the crap out of it, including two manic laps of Tassie and multiple ride days, and I chose to ride it home with a pit in the nikasil bore… idiot. Other than that, no issues what so ever.

Hey, was it my imagination, but it sounded like Márquez was being booed at the end of the race over the fence interview?

Minlak

custom titis
It's all good, but I dunno how they get the unreliable reputation.
I think certainly with older Ducati's you needed a mechanic that knew Ducati's to make them run well. i think a lot of people mistook poor servicing for unreliability. 20 years ago the place I worked the boss had a Ducati and was having no end of trouble and blaming the bike when some one recommended a knowledgeable Ducati mechanic and after that the bike was sweet as.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Hey, was it my imagination, but it sounded like Márquez was being booed at the end of the race over the fence interview?
'
Until they cut the crowd audio, lol. It was a bit weird, must've been a bunch of rabid Rossi supporters in a group as Marquez looked a bit perplexed and had had an unusually quiet race. He looked on for at least showing a wheel to Dovi on the last lap until JLo did the dive-bomb up the inside, but all to no avail.

Close but dull race in the end unfortunately...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I think certainly with older Ducati's you needed a mechanic that knew Ducati's to make them run well. i think a lot of people mistook poor servicing for unreliability. 20 years ago the place I worked the boss had a Ducati and was having no end of trouble and blaming the bike when some one recommended a knowledgeable Ducati mechanic and after that the bike was sweet as.
Yep, the earlier bevel drives certainly required more attention to detail. I rebuilt the yellow 750 Sport pictured below, and it is a very labor intensive engine to build, needing end-float and pretty much everything measured with feelers or a dial-gauge and shimmed to suit.

Whereas, I rebuilt the red TT2 belt drive below, and it was like building a Honda, with everything just slotting into place and no shimming required.

Either way, they both ran very well and gave no trouble.

Ducati 1974 750 Sport.jpg

Ducati  TT2.jpg

Dovi and JLo were super quick in qualifying but guess who was 0.002 quicker.

Rossi couldn't even make Q2 ????

Should be an epic scratch tonite, even if MM decides to play it safe the Dovi / JLo battle should be great.

Dovi seems to have a habit of stuffing into a corner too hard and then stuffing his chances for a win.

JLo on a soft rear, MM on a hard. I was surprised JLo came back, I was expecting him to fry that tyre towards the end.

Shame Ducati are losing him.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
99 made 93 look like the novice with that invitation to stuff the corner. "Vintage horhay Lorenzo!" in the ghost of Nick Harris' voice.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hard to see this race going ahead. You'd think they'd know how to handle weather, seems somethings gone wrong there. But cant say I ever liked silverstone.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Race cancelled, blaming the recent re-surfacing for the standing water. Not sure how you get that wrong these days.
It's an old circuit, probably would have been a bit too major to redesign it with better drainage as opposed to resurfacing. It would be easier to move the date but in pommy land that's still not much of a guarantee for dry races