---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's what was emailed to me:

Dates:
28th, 29th, 30th November
5th, 6th, 7th December
12th, 13th, 14th December
19th, 20th, 21st December

(mid week also available for those that can slot it in !!)

Times:
9:00am – 4:00pm
1 hour for lunch

Projects for this season:

- Skills park construction at spurs using timber and logs
- Rock armour lower sections of the ABOM (we will need to use the chairlift to drop in materials.)
- Rock armour upper section of international
- Timber bridging on Outlaw
I've attached the whole thing if you want contact details

Attachments

zstreetco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats awesome Matt.
I think you however missed a very valid point 'EVERY DAY YOU VOLUNTEER EARNS YOU A FREE MTB DAY PASS!' And 'SEVEN DAYS WORK EARNS YOU A FREE MTB SEASON PASS!'
I recon that makes it even more worth while...will definitely try my best to get out there

RGN

Likes Bikes
The Permit for the begginer track will be put though but it won't get built this year. Stage 2 of the Glen Jacobs XC tracks are a maybe. RMB have not finalised it yet.
Cheers, Isaac.
Interesting that the one project that might have increased their income, the beginners downhill track, is the piece of work that is delayed. I wonder how many XC / all mountain types would have spent one day riding the XC tracks and then buy a lift pass and spend a day on the beginner downhill?

kemmis

Likes Dirt
Can someone please give me some information on spurs, ie contact and booking info, thanks. Are they still doing the share accomodation.

Last edited:

Heppla

Likes Dirt
Just letting everyone know not to plan a trip to Buller on the 9th and 10th of January at this stage. (Unless you want to see Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds!)

mimps

Likes Dirt
1st time to buller

Heading down to mt buller soon, pretty pumped. Not so for the 10 hour drive from Sydney.

Anything i need to know before hand?

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Heading down to mt buller soon, pretty pumped. Not so for the 10 hour drive from Sydney.

Anything i need to know before hand?
Yeah....don't come before Boxing Day.

Interesting that the one project that might have increased their income, the beginners downhill track, is the piece of work that is delayed. I wonder how many XC / all mountain types would have spent one day riding the XC tracks and then buy a lift pass and spend a day on the beginner downhill?
Agreed! The more trails the more riders. Makes sense. I take my wife up every year, she rode trails in Whistler, but I'm not happy to take her down Abom as it carries too much traffic. Put a beginner DH track up there, and 1st time punters are OFF Abom and safe on their own trail, plus I spend another $45 on a lift ticket for her, and Bike rental while up there.

Last edited:

dunndog

Eats Squid
So rry if this is already posted, but 24 pages spanning 3 years makes for kinda hard reading.. just wondering what dates in 09 buller is open for riding? And how late in the year does it stay open for bikes? Cheers and again sorry if this is common knowledge..

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It opens on Boxing day and, if it's anything like last year, it'll finish on easter weekend.

* DEC – Daily 26th to 31st
* JAN – Daily 1st – 28th
* FEB – Weekends Only
* MAR – Weekends Only (Inc Labour Day)
* APR – Weekends Only until & incl. Easter Monday

Heppla

Likes Dirt
It opens on Boxing day and, if it's anything like last year, it'll finish on easter weekend.

* JAN – Daily 1st – 28th
* FEB – Weekends Only
Jan - Daily 1st - 31st
Open all week between the national champs and the buller national.

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agreed! The more trails the more riders. Makes sense. I take my wife up every year, she rode trails in Whistler, but I'm not happy to take her down Abom as it carries too much traffic. Put a beginner DH track up there, and 1st time punters are OFF Abom and safe on their own trail, plus I spend another $45 on a lift ticket for her, and Bike rental while up there.
It's crazy isnt it. A crankitup/bline style track, would not only bring beginers but would also be fun for everyone on the hill, once your tired of smashing your guts riding international and the blown out abom... I know a lot of poeple i would tell to come up if there was something like that.

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hope to be there sometime between xmas and new years.

Edit: Make that the 27th & 28th

Last edited:

dunndog

Eats Squid

* JAN – Daily 1st – 28th
* FEB – Weekends Only
Cheers mate, might try to slot in a midweek trip for people rrasons.. Do weekends get busy or is it usually a pretty chilled kinda pace as far as 'crowds' goes?? Never ridden there - only skiied there, with bourke st living up to it's name very well - but I imagine there'd be pretty hefty crews on the weekends especially after jan?

Heppla

Likes Dirt
6 DAYS LEFT FARKINER'S! Whose coming up boxing day? I'll be there without a doubt
I'll be there. Did all the final preparations before opening. The tracks are looking good. Not to many major changes yet but more work will be done during january and before the nationals. Enjoy.
Cheers, Isaac.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
It's crazy isnt it. A crankitup/bline style track, would not only bring beginers but would also be fun for everyone on the hill, once your tired of smashing your guts riding international and the blown out abom... I know a lot of poeple i would tell to come up if there was something like that.
crazy....yep. And narrow minded.:D Come home soon Lukey!!!!

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Unfortunate

I just recieved word that heaps of the full time crew that were still up there have been sacked. (I was sacked 2 weeks ago).
The budget for trackwork has been limited!
The lift will still operate all normal dates and the races will still be held.
This means that if we want the tracks perfect, it will have to be done by volunteers.
They are blaming this on the economic crisis.
Visit the buller website for details.
http://www.mtbuller.com.au/summer/Downhill_MTB_Volunteers.aspx

Cheers, Isaac.
Sorry to here that isaac.Its unfortunate that through grollo inc over extending itself in other departments i.e city construction and offshore investments that buller has to bear the brunt of its poor investment stratagies.

frostbite

Likes Dirt
If I were to take a 'non riding' friend up, stick him on a stinky with armour and send him down abom would that make me a bad person? He can ride a bike, but hasnt done any proper MTB before.