NSW Mt Keira - general track maintanence and changes discussion.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
So are you saying that others cant ride but you and some others can ride it? And i am staying away from it until it cools down a little.
I haven't riden it in nearly a month because I want the best for the tracks.

BOTTOM LINE PEOPLE, PLEASE STAY OFF THE TRACKS FOR NOT ONLY YOUR, BUT EVERYONES BENEFIT!

If you want directions to tracks else-where, I can disclose them to you.

Last edited:

Red.

Likes Dirt
I haven't riden it in nearly a month because I want the best for the tracks.

BOTTOM LINE PEOPLE, PLEASE STAY OFF THE TRACKS FOR NOT ONLY YOUR, BUT EVERYONES BENEFIT!

If you want directions to tracks else-where, I can disclose them to you.
Just keira or most tracks near keira?

ademb

Likes Dirt
Maybe it wouldnt hurt to post up some signage at the trail heads stating that works are underway in an attempt to legalise the trail network and until then, any riding is detrimental to further life of the trails.

Let people know that something is going on to try and fix the problem, therefore it might make people think twice about just riding there to "put it up NPWS"

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Can i walk up that fireroad and ride huckers? Just seeing not going to do it for a few more weeks.
Uni should be ok.
All the track up at Keira, except for a very small potrion are all on State Parks land, so I don't really see that as a good idea.
Please, just stay off them, have a bit of respect for everyone and do the best for the MTB community in Wollongong.
Signage will be going up soon, so hopefuly we can all do the right thing. Just use a bit of common sense.

zanus

Likes Dirt
Stay at Possums Red. They are your tracks, do as you wish there.
I, along with numerous others want people off the tracks that we have shaped, mantained, built etc. for years so that we can have a place to ride.
So stay off them, ride elsewhere, and tell everyone else the exact same.
I know you didn't say that YOU would continue to ride them, but I know you well enough to know that you'll do so anyway, and were trying to make to convince us that people would still ride the tracks, for your benefit aswell.
They are Not HIS tracks. They are not under anyones ownership, and we are currently sitting there at the mercy of the owner. Ty, i understand how much work you have put into keira, and i respect that.

Red, please, just stay up possums or thirroul, ride powerlines/treetops/any other track that you see fit, just dont go up keira. There are things up there that even i enjoy, and i want to see this dispute settled with Keira still being rideable. Listen to someone else for once.

dh1

Likes Dirt
What is happening in terms of forming a committee?
I would love to be apart of it!
Pm details or info if there is already one

cheers, zeb

sslam60

limited brainpower
they want to have AM and XC trails, and maybe 1 or 2 DH trails because we cause more damage and "need infrastructure", we have been riding without it for years, we don't need it now. another point was that there is more chance of us getting hurt while riding DH, if we were worried about getting hurt, then we would play lawn bowls! They need to start working with us not again us, we are the builders of the illegal trails, therefore we have the power to keep building them if this turns into one big fuck up for DH, FR and DJ, which it is looking like at the moment!!

Last edited:

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
Make a thoughtful submission today!

they want to have AM and XC trails, and maybe 1 or 2 DH trails because we cause more damage and "need infrastructure", we have been riding without it for years, we don't need it now. another point was that there is more chance of us getting hurt while riding DH, if we were worried about getting hurt, then we would play lawn bowls! They need to start working with us not again us, we are the builders of the illegal trails, therefore we have the power to keep building them if this turns into one big #### up for DH, FR and DJ, which it is looking like at the moment!!

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...ussion-Paper&p=2252283&viewfull=1#post2252283

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
they want to have AM and XC trails, and maybe 1 or 2 DH trails because we cause more damage and "need infrastructure", we have been riding without it for years, we don't need it now. another point was that there is more chance of us getting hurt while riding DH, if we were worried about getting hurt, then we would play lawn bowls! They need to start working with us not again us, we are the builders of the illegal trails, therefore we have the power to keep building them if this turns into one big fuck up for DH, FR and DJ, which it is looking like at the moment!!
Sorry, but everything you said just then was f*#king st00pid.

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Look, if you read below, and you read my previous comments, you would've realised that you need to stay off them.
I can't make it anymore black and white for you, stay off them, go elsewhere. If you are riding them, there's a part of me that hopes you get fined, for jeapordising the future of the tracks for everyone.

sslam60

limited brainpower
Look, if you read below, and you read my previous comments, you would've realised that you need to stay off them.
I can't make it anymore black and white for you, stay off them, go elsewhere. If you are riding them, there's a part of me that hopes you get fined, for jeapordising the future of the tracks for everyone.
Ty i think you need to copy and past this comment in to a word document and save it so every time some idiot asks, you don't have to write it out again. i have read comments from you, that are pretty much the same about 10 times now!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
NPWS discussion paper

Nowra: Thursday 30th September 6-8pm, Nowra Showground, West St Nowra.

Sutherland: Wednesday 13th October 6-8pm, Function Room 3, Sutherland United Services Club, 7 East Parade Sutherland.

As there does not seem to have been a Wollongong workshop organised, I suggest all of you Gong riders should attend either the Nowra or Sutherland sessions.

The areas in question are State Conservation areas which are not catered for in the NPWS discussion paper to my understanding. You need to organise a large, polite and articulate response from local riders.

may want to get the word out fast.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Ahhh fark haven't checked this thread in ages! Oh well, missed opportunity I suppose.

Been very full on with life besides MTB, mainly film making and schooling at the moment, so haven't been able to organise anything. Bassicaly what I'm thinking we should do is get together a small committee or perhaps even an open forum for Gong riders at a casual meeting to discuss what we want to have done.
Anyone else for this idea? Place, time, schedule etc?