NSW Mt Keira - general track maintanence and changes discussion.

Red.

Likes Dirt
Ahhh fark haven't checked this thread in ages! Oh well, missed opportunity I suppose.

Been very full on with life besides MTB, mainly film making and schooling at the moment, so haven't been able to organise anything. Bassicaly what I'm thinking we should do is get together a small committee or perhaps even an open forum for Gong riders at a casual meeting to discuss what we want to have done.
Anyone else for this idea? Place, time, schedule etc?
POSSUMS!! Us possum boys could make some seats and a good place to talk?

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Much too short notice for a lot of us who don't possess a license.

haha, no red lol,
could meet at a maccas or a coffee shop, north gong park, in a shelter thingo, just a few ideas
Maccas is much too casual, coffee shops are for morning walkers, a parl shelter wouldn't be too bad, but would be better to have somewhere like a community hall, I'm thinking?

Firstly need to know of people who would want to attend. People who are going to try and put some effort in, people who aren't going to slack off, people who are actualy going to take things seriously, and a variety of sexs, male and female and a variety of people from different age groups.

Last edited:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Hit up Rydges in Wollongong. They have a bunch of board rooms / confenrence rooms that that don't get much use.
Tell them that you are working for a non profit organisation that is working to achieve positive goals in the community (that's the goal isn't it?) and they should let you use one of the rooms for free.

I know this because I used to work for Rydges and there was a photography club that used to have their monthly meetings in one of the board rooms.
Because it was a 'community' meeting the room was free.

112 Burelli Street, Wollongong NSW 2500‎ - (02) 4220 7800‎

The novotel has a massive lobby too and you could hit them up.

Otherwise, the youth centre in the CBD would definately donate you some space to hold a meeting. They would dig it.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Hit up Rydges in Wollongong. They have a bunch of board rooms / confenrence rooms that that don't get much use.
Tell them that you are working for a non profit organisation that is working to achieve positive goals in the community (that's the goal isn't it?) and they should let you use one of the rooms for free.

I know this because I used to work for Rydges and there was a photography club that used to have their monthly meetings in one of the board rooms.
Because it was a 'community' meeting the room was free.

112 Burelli Street, Wollongong NSW 2500‎ - (02) 4220 7800‎

The novotel has a massive lobby too and you could hit them up.

Otherwise, the youth centre in the CBD would definately donate you some space to hold a meeting. They would dig it.
Cheers for the feedback mate, when can we expect to see you up our way, mate?

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Looking like mid December. Gonna book the ticket for the 16th I reckon.
I've also been gathering a whole bunch of advocacy information on current council approved and funded sustainable trail networks which we can hopefully use as a reference model for submitting grant applications.

It's taking a while, but I figure with some solid research and textbook success stories it will help.

If you can debunk any negative point the council can throw at you then they have no reason to seriously consider approving some legitimate trails.

Good luck with the meeting! (Don't forget to get minutes, the council will require them if you want them to take you seriously).

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
so your say that you would like to meet at maccas or a coffee shop, north gong park?
Yes he is saying that
A function room would be ideal if we have a lot of people turning up, but if we don't just keep it to a park?

Last edited:

Red.

Likes Dirt
Grave dig
So what is going on with the track? Any one know anything? Can we start riding it yet?
Has anyone rode it?

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is a bit of recent work going on above the Holy track on Mt Keira. Some of it is pretty good, some of it is not so good.

Some of the changes made are being undone by others at the moment.

PM me if you trail fairies need a hand.