National 24 solo champs in 2011?

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
is it true that the Jeebus' Padawan's power's are growing exponentially and it may be he who realises the dreams of the SS faithfull everywhere, overall victory! Maybe he was the Messiah all along?
I want my 5 bucks back, I feel cheated!

Brett is a bit tall to play Yoda to Ed's Luke...
Few people actually realise that the guy that played Yoda in the earlier movies (b4 Mr J Binks came along and ruined everything) was a 6'5" midget like myself. Though to be fair Ed does look a lot more like Yoda then I do, something about him being 400 years old and all ;)

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
I want my 5 bucks back, I feel cheated!
Let's not be hasty, it was a meant to be a joke, little did I realise I was gettin' too close to the truth. :eek:

Or perhaps betrayed? Is Padwan, as a former disciple, Jeebus's Judas?
And so the plot thickens. If only I could get a leave pass to go to Paterson to see if it is hell unleashed on us gearies or...................??;)

Last edited:

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi All

Thank you all so much for the time of my life.
Jess X
You probably don't know me but.
I didnt get to ride this years 24hr, I would have liked to ride it though.
After a year of racing and "training" for the worlds, Now i just want to go riding with mates, for fun and laughs.
I had a good race at the worlds and knowing there were champs like yourself and others out there. It was a complete pleasure to be on course with you.
I remember at one race (2009?) going out for a last lap to find you at the top of Stromlo, wanting to stop, coverered in dust, grime and in complete pain, giving all you had, so I decided to just ride with you down the mountain, to try keep your spirits up as best I could.
At that time I had my teddy bear attached to my bars for a lap.
I'll never forget your everlasting smile and happiness around the course, along with everyone else of course.

24hr racing means alot of dedication and you had more of that than alot of people I know.

I wish you all the best and to remember why you chose to ride a bike in the first place. Fun and laughs.

Jason.

tcp13equals2

Likes Bikes
Some more highlights:
Erin Zimmer winning the women's SS and having a great time all race.
Breony Webb - first u/25 girl in years, and 3rd overall in her first race, impressive!
Andrew Hall holding everyone up on the first lap rockgarden.
It was part of my race plan :) ... I would have stopped for a stretch and scratch there too - but Brett got his shoulder out :) :)

Did you take a tissue and dry your eyes after I held you up?

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Some more highlights:
Breony Webb - first u/25 girl in years, and 3rd overall in her first race, impressive!
Kate Child (VIC) won the 18-24 Women in the World Solo Champs in Canberra in 2010. Kate turned 19 a week before the worlds ...

JessD

Likes Dirt
thanks Dreggsy

You probably don't know me but.
I didnt get to ride this years 24hr, I would have liked to ride it though.
After a year of racing and "training" for the worlds, Now i just want to go riding with mates, for fun and laughs.
I had a good race at the worlds and knowing there were champs like yourself and others out there. It was a complete pleasure to be on course with you.
I remember at one race (2009?) going out for a last lap to find you at the top of Stromlo, wanting to stop, coverered in dust, grime and in complete pain, giving all you had, so I decided to just ride with you down the mountain, to try keep your spirits up as best I could.
At that time I had my teddy bear attached to my bars for a lap.
I'll never forget your everlasting smile and happiness around the course, along with everyone else of course.

24hr racing means alot of dedication and you had more of that than alot of people I know.

I wish you all the best and to remember why you chose to ride a bike in the first place. Fun and laughs.

Jason.
I know who you are! that was one fun race huh?
I am going to get back to fun, yes indeedy, but i have a load of other goals to kick now. Happy to be getting some sleep at night now when I race...this is an exciting step for the future. I may extend my life span by a few years!

Thanks mate, your words are too nice.

Jess