National 24 solo champs in 2011?

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
forecast is tipping 4 degrees overnight - any tips for staying warm?
1) 4 degrees is warm

2) A little bit of Tiger Balm in the right places provides warmth and extra motivation :)

3) Green Ginger wine, Smoked oysters and a cuddle with a hirsute mammal

Where's all the Sydney B&C boys, I know it's at Stromlatte and all, but it's not the hill repeat track.
It's gonna be mighty lonely out there without you guys :(

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The pits by rider number and name are in this photo. Best to download it so you can expand it (its about 5 MB).
Russ,

Are those black squares scattered about the place of any significance?
edit: P.S. Red or White wine, I still owe you from when you helpe me out with my University application

Brett,

Nice try, but sadly no funnier. Since I moved back from Canada my ability to withstand cold and my sense of humour evaporated :(

Dave,

Now there is a suggestion i can work with! not sure what my pit boss aka Mum would say about Drinking and Riding though

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Are those black squares scattered about the place of any significance?
They represent venue service points - most are simply covered pits (data connections, power, water) but the one about 10m from the battery charging tent is an above-ground tap.

The red ones are above-ground power boxes.

Oh, and - pretty sure the sprinklers have been turned off for the weekend - unlike a few years ago when one popped up from the ground inside someone's tent and made itself unwelcome :rolleyes:

Course map also available in hi-res.

Last edited:

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Suggest that the twitter tag #aussie24solo is used when tweeting about the race... Makes it nice and easy to find stuff...

Live results or updates?

Anyone know if there will be live results throughout the race? Seems like the hyperlink on the official website is still navigating to last week's marathon Nats...

DiscoDan

Likes Bikes
Anyone know if there will be live results throughout the race? Seems like the hyperlink on the official website is still navigating to last week's marathon Nats...
from an earlier post:

"CORC will be using my software for the timing/results. So, not "live" to the internet (let's not get into the discussion of what is "live") but regular updates here on Rotorburn - probably the first after 2 hours then every hour by day and every 2 by night. Should be more regular than I could manage at the Mont, because the internet coverage is much better at Stromlo."