National fuel strike

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Current Camry is pretty big, a wagon version would have to be called a large wagon if it existed... Anyway. Large wagons are a bit thin on the ground these days unfortunately :(

Superb wagon is pretty spacey. Or get a Kia Rondo or a Citroen Picasso if it’s space you actually need...

An Auris wagon will have a much space as a RAV4, it just wont be as high. Vertical space is routinely useless...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
That last comment sums up the market pretty well, suvs are bought for fashion reasons or for reasons not related to actual needs more often that not.

For me I wouldn’t drive an suv for the same reason...
All dick sizing reasons aside, the load compartment safety is genuine, we buy 40kg bags of wheat, 25kg bags of dog food, hay bales and we once put a crate of firewood in the tub, much to the disbelief of the blockie who sold it.

If we packed our normal holiday luggage it would load a Minivan above it's seat line, requiring a cargo barrier, therefore losing luggage space.

Our oversized Dog won't fit in anything's passenger cabin.

Not to mention four bikes, and paraphernalia if we go riding.

So it's not just space we need.

Oh, and a Camry is definitely not a large car.

Flow-Rider

Burner
That one I’ll give you :)

Mind you, most of them have been pretty decent, but that’s because I don’t let “professional” mechanics near them.
You don't come across as the type that will pay enough to have a “professional” mechanic work on your car.

Cardy George

Seen the new one? It ain’t little... Surprisingly it’s decent looking too.
That's a point I'll give you. Most aggressive Camry I've ever seen.

And I think our different life experiences are skewing our respective perceptions of size.

You do Europe, a lot. I grew up in the back of a Kingswood wagon.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Anyway. Fuel prices will just continue their merry way up as much as the oil companies want. But it’s still high enough to actually drive efficient purchasing decisions.

It’s a shame it doesn’t cost more...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
That's a point I'll give you. Most aggressive Camry I've ever seen.

And I think our different life experiences are skewing our respective perceptions of size.

You do Europe, a lot. I grew up in the back of a Kingswood wagon.
$20 says I grew up a lot poorer than you did... No silver spoon here! I just look at things like this globally.

Cardy George

Only if some of your memories are of the Sherrif knocking on your parents door to repossess said Kingswood for missed bill payments......

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Trying not to piss - just have thing for illogical statements. I get that people “just like them”, but struggle when they also comment on fuel prices or try to convince anyone they’re an efficient choice.

Cardy George

Tis all good!

For the record I wasn't commenting on the price or it's thirst. I'm quite aware it's the price I pay for it's convenience.

It's a bonus it's marginally more efficient than the commodore it replaced.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
In response, I soft-road a lot, camp, cart lots of shit around (old parents, brewing kit/large sacks of grain, bikes, bikes, etc.).

So it gets used, it runs lean and takes my cock from 10 to 12”.

Fossil fuels are nearing a death spiral and we’re likely to see a big shift away in our lifetimes.