Naz's 243

neko

Likes Dirt
A sherman flick is a long way from 888's. They make my mate's 6" big hit handle like a barge. Think what they'll do to a hard tail! I don't care what the geometry's like.

I'd got the sherman's. You can't steer with DC's. It'd plough well enough but finesse would go out the window.

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
naz... shermans arent as pimp.... you have to have the 888r's on the HT because no one else will have that setup... its not like no one will run shermans on there .243 (Psyloman).... :roll:

i say get:

1. 888r
2. Shiver DC
3. Sliders (instead of a sherman)
4. Sherman...

NOTICE the sherman is LAST in my list :twisted:

olsson

Likes Dirt
live_to_ride said:
naz... shermans arent as pimp.... you have to have the 888r's on the HT because no one else will have that setup... its not like no one will run shermans on there .243 (Psyloman).... :roll:

i say get:

1. 888r
2. Shiver DC
4. Sherman...

No, no. The shivers should be last. Because like hell he needs Shivers. The 888s are the pimpiest. I reckon the shermans next, shivers, and THEN sliders!!!

Konaman

Likes Dirt
olsson said:
live_to_ride said:

i say get:

1. 888r
2. Shiver DC
4. Sherman...

No, no. The shivers should be last. Because like hell he needs Shivers. The 888s are the pimpiest. I reckon the shermans next, shivers, and THEN sliders!!!
You know you have to back up some choices with a i want performance attitude not, wow that is so pimp. Shivers would be either first or second on the list and why the "like hell he needs shivers" remark when there designed for similar perposes as the 888 which is dh/fr.

Are you gonna upgrade that front wheel naz?
The way your building the bike up seems like its either gonna be a sick urban bike or a hardcore hucking bike but they two completely different things, i donno i think the 5 inch sherman is in a very similar class to the 8 inch 888 :wink:

naz

Criminally Inane
neko said:
A sherman flick is a long way from 888's. They make my mate's 6" big hit handle like a barge. Think what they'll do to a hard tail! I don't care what the geometry's like.
i had super T's on my one25 and it was just a bit bigger(size wize) than my bike, i wouldnt run the 888r at 8, run them on 7 inch keeps geometry reasonable(eric fox the 243 guy is runnin 888r wit 7 inchs), i have no trouble with runnin DC's, im only worried ill get over it and have to sell my forks or something.....

I'd got the sherman's. You can't steer with DC's. It'd plough well enough but finesse would go out the window.

ok i dont care if my bike doesnt stand out(well mayb when i have money :p), i dont want to have it to pose on i wanna ride it,
konaman, oath im gonna upgrade my wheel im just waitin for it to split at the join:roll:, then im gonna get a 521 on GOLD aireal, but forks im def likin the flicks 5inch Ti spring 20mm thru axle nice.....
but im runnin shivers for a while borrowin them off a mate :wink:[/quote]

atomik_mulisha

Likes Bikes
I have seen a .243 with 888r's, and also a .243 with 02 monsters on pinkbike. They may have been earlier models. Both not completley built, i.e missing cranks etc. Naz, u ride pretty much all street right? 888'r's have no place there, i saynothing over 5" of travel how the hell r u gonna pull moces with them on the front?

naz

Criminally Inane
atomik_mulisha said:
I have seen a .243 with 888r's, and also a .243 with 02 monsters on pinkbike. They may have been earlier models. Both not completley built, i.e missing cranks etc. Naz, u ride pretty much all street right? 888'r's have no place there, i saynothing over 5" of travel how the hell r u gonna pull moces with them on the front?
i ran super t's on my one25 for a month and had no problem 'pullin moves' :p, stair gaps, drops, street,park even,
hey im goin to interschools (nsw n aus) and dont wanna run 5inch SC pfft :p

but i think sherman flicks are the way to go...

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
naz said:
but i think sherman flicks are the way to go...
:roll:

lier

wheres the fun in using flicks....

your bike has serious potential....

you even told me aggeess ago when the .243 was ordered, "im getting 888r" and i was looking uber forward to seeing that day :evil:

im disappointed :(

Psyloman

Likes Dirt
live_to_ride said:

i say get:

1. 888r
2. Shiver DC
4. Sherman...

hay what, shermans gunna b fun for street and dj
i was gunna get sum sliders but decided they cost 2 much
but im still lookin for a DC fork for DH and large freeride stuff
but still my flicks are gunna b sweet

naz

Criminally Inane
alex, will u give me a pair of good SC's to ride street n park then ill buy 888r :)

when r u gonna have pics of ur 243 psyloman(buit up)

olsson

Likes Dirt
Whatever he wants.
Its the pimp factor. Not the rider factor. Plus naz knows how to ride aswell. So he can do whatever he wants on it :D

Psyloman

Likes Dirt
naz said:
alex, will u give me a pair of good SC's to ride street n park then ill buy 888r :)

when r u gonna have pics of ur 243 psyloman(buit up)
was hoping 2 have it all done buy the weekend but my hubs didn't turn up so it will b early next week now :(