New? Feel free to say g'day here.

Dan_Alexander

Likes Bikes
Hey two headed people and the better state Victoria XD

Gday,
I'm Daniel i attempt trails on my BMX, Road ride for fitness and Down Hill because.. it's sic.
Hometown of Swan Hill Victoria has no hills, but the road bike loves it and I'd like to hear from any other MTB'ers living there..
So at the moment I'm in Tasmania riding with my cousins, tracks like Paloona, Tolosa and Lilydale are to die for.
Canada is in the pipeline this year so anyone else heading to Vancouver for summer, message me please. :)
Also Melbourne/Hawthorn riders. I Will be going to Uni next year and will need to find some riding mates!

Cheers Daniel

dh_fev_150

Likes Bikes
hey my names jacob my mates call me fev im no cross country rider, strictly dh and freeride gattin my stinky very soon. just gotta sell my stp its on ebay startin at $775

Mickster.

Cannon Fodder
Newbie.

Hi all, i'm new to the scene. Gettin in to MTB but mostly road use at the moment, haven't purchased a good bike as yet but with your help might make my choice a great deal easier. Thanks for the help in advance:)

4dabush

Likes Dirt
oldie newbie

Hi All,
I'm Adam, ex BMX-er of the 70's and 80's (see, said i was old).
Current rides newest back,
Norco Six 2
DK General Lee 24"
GT LTS 3 circa 1994? yep, elastomer version!
Giant Perigee roadie
Oh, and a trail along bike for my 4 yo...
i'll get a pic up soon of the GT in one of the other threads looking for old skool rides!
cheers...

Karate_monkey

Cannon Fodder
Hey I'm bec. Got into riding DH in whistler. Hooked now! Getting into more XC now. Looking at Buying the Giant Trance X2 although I have seen some great bikes up for grabs on here. I'll be keeping a look out.

Anyone in Sydney want to ride DH or XC let me know. Don't know many people here who ride so yeah...Want to do some trips too so if your keen, PM me!

Anyone know any other girls interested too that would be cool.

Laters!

matty_r

Cannon Fodder
hey i am matt
i am from hobart tasmania
i started out riding bmx early last year and just recently got onto a mtb
i am loving it
i ride heaps of trails and park
but mostly trails

if your down in tassie and want to ride some dirt or something send me a pm

catch you guys later

fat_panda

Squid
jst saying gday guys, name is dave from sydney

long time reader first time poster.

would be good to do some local riding with u fellas.

tc all

HamishS

Likes Dirt
Hey all, just saying hi.

Just getting back into riding after spending the last couple of years on my motorcycle ... thinking its going to be alot better for my health by riding my bike rather than the moto! HA

harv

Squid
need some answers about atx dh1

hi guys harv here just wondered if any one knows if rear suspension bushes bearings are available and parts for the original rock shock forks on a 2000 mod atx dh1 thanks

Hey Rotorburneons, how's it going?, just signed up and thought i'd introduce myself.

I'm from Newcastle, NSW
Loved riding bikes since i was a 4 year old

My Ride: 2004 Avanti Hotdog, MZ comp forks (not the shiniest bike on the rack but not a K-mart special.)

I like riding cross country but I am getting a craving for steeper more downhill stuff and bigger jumps as well.

SF.

adtee23

Likes Bikes
gday, my names adam.. 33 and love riding. i ride dh mostly but i am trying to learn to pedal a bit now with some xc... mainly ride at kentlyn and menai.. cheers

Russ.

Squid
New Here

Hi All,

Obviously I'm Russ, fairly new to MTB riding, I've been reading these forums for a few months but finally joined this week so I could use the "search" function.
Bought a Yukon FX for $499 New late last year to ride to uni etc. but pretty quickly got interested in XC riding on it, its been to Lysterfield a fair few times, as well as the You Yangs and all along the Main Yarra Trail.
Its currently still 100% stock because I've been spending money on other equipment (NiteFlux Light, Camelback etc.) but I'm planning to upgrade to clipless pedals (Shimano PD-M545 with SH-MT52 shoes if anyone has any advice/feedback on them) and decent tires in the next few weeks, but then I'll probably just keep it as is for a while, enjoy it until it breaks then look at my options.

I really want a Trance or something similar in the future, but at this stage I'm not good enough at riding to appreciate the difference between the cheap components on my Yukon vs quality components a more expensive bike, so I'll keep it cheap for a while!

Cheers,
Russ.

Last edited:

Scenester!

Likes Dirt
Hey all,
im Ben, i have a Mongoose Ritual and i ride DJ, Street and Park.
I live in north Brisbane and usually ride around the Albany Creek area.

tcpc83

Squid
Hi Roburners!

I'm Tomas, I ride Gap Creek in Brisbane, I have a number of bikes I like to tinker with.

It's XC hardtail all the way for me, it's definitely the fastest way around windy singletrack. Don't really race or anything, just love nature, love riding, and keeping fit.

Nice to meet ya'll.

Fifteen.Hundred

Likes Dirt
Hey Burners,

Stumbled across this forum and thought i would join up.

I'm Michael, 31, located in melbourne. I spend most of my riding time at Lysterfield, convenient since i'm only a stones throw away. I enjoy XC and just upgraded to an "08" GT Marathon 2.0

Glad to be on board.
Cheers

chriz02

Likes Bikes
Hi all,
spend my riding XC and traveling to new places to try out the different sites, and so far haven't found a track that I haven't enjoyed. A lot of work goes into them so time I spent some effort getting involved in the the working weekends. Recently got hold of a new 2009 trance, soooo much different to the old H'tail. The tracks and rocks I ride now have new lines.. absolutely amazing the difference a decent set of forks and suspension make..

And still to join a MTB club. As I live in Sth Sydney it looks like I've got a few choices. BTW, Great forum.. now just got find the right one that covers the various XC events in Aust. CC

surge76

Squid
back in love with mtn biking

Hi all, i have been away from mtn biking for some time, occassionally do the odd ride 2-3 a year. I work with a bunch of fat tyre enthusiasts and they recently got me into entering some 8-12 hr races and 100km enduro's. I have been riding road the last few years as that is all time allows for and have really been loving that, but after taking part in the dirtworks a few weeks ago i have to admit i am once again in love. I had such a great race(even though i suffered like crazy) that i was compelled to sell my old mtb and buy a new santa cruz superlight frame. I will slowly build it up to be a dream bike, and i cant wait to enter more enduro races and 12 hrs etc.
Im back baby!

eelot

Cannon Fodder
Hi Bikers

Hey everyone, as a newbie on the site I thought I would say g'day. Not that many people will read this far into this thread but I am always looking for new friends new trails and good Ideas for mountain biking. I am a fiend for single track, cross country and most down hill tracks. So I guess I'll poke around here a bit and see were I fit. Cheers