New? Feel free to say g'day here.

takayah

Cannon Fodder
Hey guys,

Tak here.

Used to ride MTB XC when i was a teenager. Now nearly 10 years later, really wanting to get back into it. But thought I should do my research before going and buying something. Hopefully get the new bike within the next two months, once I have the funds and i am satisfactorily researched on all the new tech.

Can't wait to start hitting the trails.

ashward

Squid
hey all am Ed, from down in the cold depths of tassie, been riding for a couple of years now, mainly downhill but starting getting into freeride a bit more, been loving the jumps:) figured it was about time I actually joined up rotorburn instead of just reading the odd thread here and there!
started out with an orange patriot 7+ and just got a giant glory dh0, and also have an xc bike too that collects all the dust in my shed;)
been building a few trails today on my parent's property today, so fun times and lots of digging ahead!
will see you all round the forums:)

hi

Hi Guys,

Billy from Melbourne here. Looking to buy a new mountain bike soon, possibly a Liteville 301 or Cannondale Jekyll not sure. Hoping to get some good information here. Cheers.

TimCz83

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys - new to the forums. Used to ride a bit back in the day, now finally getting back into it.

Im 28, live up in Brisbane, have 2 bikes. An 07 Santa Cruz Nomad, and an 08 Giant Glory. Love them both!

Love riding and cant wait to hit up the trails on the weekend.

notorioushsg

Likes Bikes
Hey everyone.. Old timer here at 37

Bought a raceline expert 8 yrs ago and only used it to commute to and from work. In the last 6mths ive managed to convince some friends that cycling was fun,healthy and a great way to get out of the house and see mother nature.

Only recently a friend who actually mtbs took me out to eagle park for some single track action... I discovered a few things that day.

Trees dont move
Solid objects can hurt you
You lose items when you crash (top tip... When u stack it.. Dont leave the area. Check your back pack pocket etc. For thing you may have dropped)
I have alot to learn about mtbing

But the most important thingi learned.... ITS AWESOME!!

Look forward to chatting with you :)

Another newbie.

Hi all, I've had a crappy mountain bike for quite a few years now, and have just updated it to a GT Force 3.0 and am now loving the ride. Been out every weekend since getting it and trying all sorts of things I would never have done on my old bike.

Gazz_za

Cannon Fodder
Hello all,

New member from Townsville. At 51 years of age I bought my first proper mountain bike six months ago. Enjoying the experience and getting younger by the day!

Skibum

Cannon Fodder
G'day, just got a Speccy Stumpy Evo and loving it. Have been out for a bit of DH and XC and now getting some more protection to try the DH a bit more. Love the freedom of a full suspension bike!

ademack

Squid
So, not all that new to mtb, but new to this forum. Seem to spend quite a lot of time on MTB Dirt. Regular on Wednesday mornings at Daisy Hill, Brisbane. Getting slower each year at the Epic, and other races. But enjoying mtb-ing even more.

FBang237

Cannon Fodder
Noobington

Hey homies,
Just got my first second hand hardtail so im waiting for tomorrow to come before i head up to some trails after work. I've done mtbing when i was younger and im now in a different state so im pretty keen to get out there and see whats about. If anyone know some spots near the S.E of melbourne i'd appreciate finding out!
Cheers
Nick

spudmonkey32

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,

Spud here. Fairly recent arrival to Melbourne from Gibraltar. Finally got both my bikes over here - Commencal Supreme and Absolut 4x. Can't wait for the You Yangs to reopen, had some great rides over there at the end of last year.

Looking forward to seeing you all out on the trails!!

justletgo

Cannon Fodder
Hey everyone

Troy here from Brissy. Just brought my first bike in 10 years hahahaha.

Hope to see you guys & girls out on the trails soon.

Cheers

kieranr

Likes Bikes
Hey all

Hey guys n gals. Been wanting to get into mountain biking for ages. Decided to go for it a got a Trek EX 6. Clarence st cyclery did some great stuff on customising the cranks to suit me. (I have shorter legs due to being missing the thigh bone and knee joint, very hard to explain how it works.) Went to manly dam with a mate saturday. Its been over 10 years since i was on a bike. My bruises have bruises today!! What fun though!! Love the faster downhill stuff. Came off 4 times, thank you fox flux helmet!!!IMG_3276.jpgIMG_3282.jpg

Hey guys,
Just bought myself a new bike after a 5 year hiatus. Keen to get back on the trails! i live in the Brisbane area so let me know some of your favourite tracks, i'd love to check them out. At the moment i'm right into the single track stuff and of course love the downhill action.
Ciao for now,

Crankaddict.

RichieDidge

Cannon Fodder
More fresh legs - newbie me be

Hello

Newly registered on the forum.

Just got back into mtb after a 15 year break. This all came about because I discovered the new WA Trails Guide down at my LBS.

Things have happened fast - I have upgraded my Marin Bear County with Mag 10s to a new 5" duallie. Wow.

Lovin it.

Cheers

RichieD

dabomba

Squid
My nameis Micheal, I'm getting back into riding DH, getting myself a nice Demo8 should be a good return to the DH scene. My other passion is cars, love bimmers own a BMW E36 M3, awesome things. . .

harlz0331

Cannon Fodder
Hi im Harley

Im 24 and i ride a 2009 Giant Trance X2

I havent been riding for awhile but really want to get back into it.
I live in the Penrith Sydney area. I enjoy XC and fast single trail riding.

Cheers

barron

Likes Dirt
where's the key go?

This is my hello to the rotorburn community.

I go by Barron, my name's Nick. I'm 32 and enthusiastic about being a newbie. I'm used to having an engine between the wheels, but recently got hooked on MTB by a mate, which to my amazement has drawn me away from my first love.
I currently ride an undersized hard tail and am eager to upgrade. Said mate and I caught the last weekend of Thredbo, which was my first venture into downhill and i'm totally hooked, already planning for next season and looking for a DH ride.
I live in the Royal National Park in sydney south so have plenty of trails at my disposal which I'm still exploring, but am lucky enough to have single track virtually at my door.

Hope to see you on the trails!