New Zealand Trip Questions

D.HILL817

Likes Dirt
Are you talking maggi 2 minute noodles or the authentic ones from the Asian grocery shop, with the 2 satchels - one with bits of dried vegetable matter and the other with like the paste in it thats full of ginger and chilli? Cos there's a big difference there and this could affect the net result of comparison between your stated options.
Mi Goreng is the word your looking for those noodles haha

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
Ok.....*Nasi Goreng it is then...:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:
Shake rattle and roll, your use of the food based analogy (food being one of my favorite pass times)has me thinking ,even though i don't know you................ "i like the cut of your jib"........................
dunndog, i to was momentarily distracted from the task at hand with all this talk of 2 min noodles vs noodles with the two satchels vs nasi goreng.......this is first world problems right here people ......

Ok.....*Nasi Goreng it is then...:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:
Shake rattle and roll, your use of the food based analogy (food being one of my favorite pass times)has me thinking ,even though i don't know you................ "i like the cut of your jib"........................
dunndog, i to was momentarily distracted from the task at hand with all this talk of 2 min noodles vs noodles with the two satchels vs nasi goreng.......this is first world problems right here people ......
Food- a universal reference point for the male species.

Speaking of food & NZ- Pak n Save is a mtber's best friend. Embrace that joint like you would your mother. It'll keep you fueled for the trail & liquoured up at the end of a long day (or short day if you're holed-up & licking wounds from a moment of trail misadventure). Oh, & Pak n Save Rotorua is particularly cool- behind it is a rad pumptrack.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Food- a universal reference point for the male species.

Speaking of food & NZ- Pak n Save is a mtber's best friend. Embrace that joint like you would your mother. It'll keep you fueled for the trail & liquoured up at the end of a long day (or short day if you're holed-up & licking wounds from a moment of trail misadventure). Oh, & Pak n Save Rotorua is particularly cool- behind it is a rad pumptrack.
They have a pretty good bakery and trail snacks range too. And deli...I made good use of their deli.

They have a pretty good bakery and trail snacks range too. And deli...I made good use of their deli.
You forgot to mention alcohol, the vital part in the Bikes, Bikes & Beer....I mean Bikes, Babes & Beer...Fuck... What I was trying to say is Bikes, Bros & Beer holy trinity. Shit, that came out wrong again. To hell with it, you now what I mean. The beer is bloody cheap at Pak n Save, there, simple....& you can buy all the food solids one requires... oh, & Panadol, Betadine & band-aids as well- you'll probably want to get some of those while you're there.

Did I mention the alcohol section?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You forgot to mention alcohol, the vital part in the Bikes, Bikes & Beer....I mean Bikes, Babes & Beer...Fuck... What I was trying to say is Bikes, Bros & Beer holy trinity. Shit, that came out wrong again. To hell with it, you now what I mean. The beer is bloody cheap at Pak n Save, there, simple....& you can buy all the food solids one requires... oh, & Panadol, Betadine & band-aids as well- you'll probably want to get some of those while you're there.

Did I mention the alcohol section?
I missed that bit...did you boys hit the hot springs up?

I purchased a dustpan and banister brush there as well. My intention was to HSE the banister brush to wash my bike. I found this to be a surprisingly expensive purchase.

They do fuel vouchers too.

Oh and when dining out on "eat street" keep your eyes open for specials. One of the bars there had a 3 course meal for about $30, as long as you arrive dine before 7 (I think that was it). It was money well spent. And with dinner out of the way early...the rest of the night can be spent focusing on trying to get laid.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
"Panadol, Betadine & band-aids as well- you'll probably want to get some of those while you're there"
this has me thinking ,seeing as these are all gravity trails i may invest in a set of knee pads before i go.......just in case :Cry:
shake rattle and roll..... just the mere mention of the word "alcohol "
got you all discombobulated............... what's going on there ?
do we need some sort of rotorburn intervention........:spit::spit:

"Panadol, Betadine & band-aids as well- you'll probably want to get some of those while you're there"
this has me thinking ,seeing as these are all gravity trails i may invest in a set of knee pads before i go.......just in case :Cry:
shake rattle and roll..... just the mere mention of the word "alcohol "
got you all discombobulated............... what's going on there ?
do we need some sort of rotorburn intervention........:spit::spit:
Definitely worth getting a pair that you can roll around in all day if necessary.

Alcohol? Who said anything about alcohol? I don't remember saying anything about alcohol. What I do when I'm black-out drunk is none of my goddamn business...

EDIT: For the record, I'm not much of a drinker (a Cadbury would be the appropriate description) but I sure couldn't ignore how extraordinarily cheap the alcohol was compared with Australia.

Last edited:

dunndog

Eats Squid
Just spent a fair portion of the evening googling/youtubing tracks off Coronet peak. And fern loop.Seriously frothing for our trip now!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just spent a fair portion of the evening googling/youtubing tracks off Coronet peak. And fern loop.Seriously frothing for our trip now!!
Careful...you'll have dozer in here in no time jerking off about cock rock! Which does look like a really fun track. Definitely an amazing natural erection.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
here's a car rental site www.nzrentacar.co.nz
these guys do bike rack rental as well,which is a big plus. .....
what's the mobile coverage like over there ?
i don't suppose anyone knows how expensive alcohol is do they.....................:whistle:

what's the mobile coverage like over there ?
i don't suppose anyone knows how expensive alcohol is do they.....................:whistle:

Unless work's paying for your global roaming then get a prepaid through Spark Telecommunication. Good coverage & free calls back to any Aussie number.

Hmmmm, nup- don't remember. Couldn't tell you anything about alcohol prices in NZ.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Careful...you'll have dozer in here in no time jerking off about cock rock! Which does look like a really fun track. Definitely an amazing natural erection.
Dozer can get in line. I've got an industrial size tub of lube here and i'm in no rush to go anywhere.
All the riding off Coronet looks sweet! Also red up a bit on fern Loop, up the hill from Skyline. Says it's pretty techy, root and rock laden goodness. Is it bad enough that you might consider it dangerous to ride on your own? Or do descriptions/grades err on the side of caution and rate things a bit worse than they really are?

austy

Likes Bikes
heading to queenstown in a couple of days. Are there local cx type trails that are open this time of year or is too snowy/muddy. I am going mostly for skiing but was thinking of taking some pedals/shoes and try to rent a bike for a day.

clockworked

Like an orange
heading to queenstown in a couple of days. Are there local cx type trails that are open this time of year or is too snowy/muddy. I am going mostly for skiing but was thinking of taking some pedals/shoes and try to rent a bike for a day.
I've only been in summer, but people were saying 7 mile is rideable year round

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've only been to Qtown in the winter...even when there is a shit load of snow, it doesn't fall very low. You will find patches of shit around the valley floor, but not much. You may encounter an oversupply of frozen mud depending what time of day you are riding. I remember being there in august a few years back and there was a puddle near my accommodation that would thaw for about 2 hours a day, then freeze over again.

There is a lengthy walking/cycling path around the place that would make for an easy pedal if you're desperate.

dunndog

Eats Squid
There were pics of the Wynyard freeride park with a dusting of snow a few days ago, indicating snow to low levels at Queenstown.. how much i don't know. I've been summer and winter, i'm sure there will be riding all over the place right now. A friend of mine that lives there rode to the top of skyline a couple days ago.

Vehicle hire with bike Queenstown

I'm heading to Queenstown in about five weeks. Does anyone have any experience with hiring vehicles when traveling with a bike. Only taking one bike (wouldn't leave home without it)but I need to fit the wife and kids in as well. Doing railtrail with the family then a week riding in Queenstown. Need hire vehicle for traveling up the west coast riding then back to Christchurch. Any help would bb helpful.