Newly Released Bikes General

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I don't think I'd call it a fashion, no one is going to go back to 70+ HA anytime in the future.

Finding that sweet spot between confidence inspiring slackness for descending and not too much steering sluggishness for the rest of the ride is tricky.

Right now for hardtails 65 HA works pretty well considering it steepens a bit at ride height. I've effectively slackened mine to
Steep seat tube angles are fugly IMHO.

Sure it might work well but just looks awkward to me and doubt that you can ever put lipstick on that pig.

PJO

in me vL comy
Steep seat tube angles are fugly IMHO.

Sure it might work well but just looks awkward to me and doubt that you can ever put lipstick on that pig.
I agree it looks odd when the seat tube is dead straight.
Reckon it looks better when the seat tube has a low bend

PJO

in me vL comy
1mm adjustable chainstays along with usual minor Santa Cruz treatment.
Pricing is going to be
View attachment 370416View attachment 370417
Are they taking the piss, what is the point of adjustable geo if it barely changes anything, seems like a waste of engineering.
A 4mm drop in BB height and a slackening of 0.3degrees?!

Edit: Looks like it isn't much different from the previous model which dropped 5mm in BB and 0.4 degrees in angle

I reckon the slack seattube of the Santa Cruz is far worse on the eye than steeper ones.
That Nomad looks horrid
Yep, it does look pretty weird. There's gotta be a nice aesthetic middle ground...

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
A brown bike....how the fuck the person that chooses the colours for Santa Cruz has remained employed the past few years is beyond me.
I think it's more of a maroon / dark burgundy / I'm shit at describing colours possibly purple.

I understand the other new Nomad colour will be a bright green with watermelon highlights so your comment still stands.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've never thrown a leg over a Santa Cruz, but they would want to ride very well, because they don't have much else going for them

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I've never thrown a leg over a Santa Cruz, but they would want to ride very well, because they don't have much else going for them
I had a go on a coil sprung Nomad 4 for a weekend a couple of years ago. It pedalled and climbed very well for a 170mm brick, that lower linkage VPP suspension design seems to work really well.

It'd want to though, because thanks to it all their bikes look exactly the same now..