Newly Released Bikes General

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
https://www.devinci.com/en/bikes/mountain/troy-carb-xt12s-ltd-full-sand/

I know it’s new - it’s super boost , and seems to not have enough travel on paper @ only 140 mm

my other choice is a GT Force .
Any one have the previous generation Devinci or GT for that matter ?
Devinci's are excellent pedaling platforms with the split-pivot design. I'm on a Django (120mm) and it feels like it has more travel than that, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new Troy also feels like it is slightly bigger than it really is.

I thought Summit had moved away from Devinci? Good to hear that they haven't

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@rextheute Aren't they quite different beasts?
One is a big enduro bike and the other is a trail bike
Yes , and i suspect the GT will be 'heavy feeling '
i am unsure of Carbon as i am a heavy unit - i ride light tho - not a smasher .
But yes this part of the challenge - id like a do all bike - like all the consumers ..

These have caught my eye - from a visual point of view - the looks appeal , both seem to have okay reports coming back .

One is more a niche manufcturer and the other a bit left field .

My riding is more Adventure style , I'm not a big downhiller or jumper , but a very poor climber - due to 'E' and being a bit time poor .
But love Derby , St Helens , and locally places like Wombat Forest , You Yangs is okay as is Lysterfield .
Have done the Epic a couple of times - both on E-mtb - i would die on a pedal bike !

@mike14 - im gonna have to check - the insta and FB doesn't have any current builds for Devinci -got other beaut looking bikes - but Rowney lists them as a dealer .
Gonna have to actually call !

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
You'd be better suited to the XL.

Advice sent with love from the, er, Canberra Shire.
Agreed. Except about Canberra counting as the shire. You ain’t pulling the wool over anyone’s eyes there bud.

Large is a little too short for you @beeb. You’ve got the poppy fun hardtails, a troy set up to go fast and stable would complement the fleet nicely.

The pale purple frame only option looks pretty snazzy.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Large is a little too short for you @beeb. You’ve got the poppy fun hardtails, a troy set up to go fast and stable would complement the fleet nicely.

The pale purple frame only option looks pretty snazzy.
I'm at the top end of the L sizing, and it's the fit I generally prefer. With the long chainstay it'd feel super stable anyway.

All irrelevant regardless, as @Jpez is warming to the idea of selling his Guerilla Gravity, aren't you Jpez?

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Devinci's are excellent pedaling platforms with the split-pivot design. I'm on a Django (120mm) and it feels like it has more travel than that, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new Troy also feels like it is slightly bigger than it really is.

I thought Summit had moved away from Devinci? Good to hear that they haven't
okay - further to this - you are correct-o No longer an Australian distro - but have some on the floor .

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
okay - further to this - you are correct-o No longer an Australian distro - but have some on the floor .
Rowney Sports was the Aus disto for Devinci but stopped a while ago and just do Ibis and Yeti now. A quick Google shows no distro here currently so just what is in stock or looking across the ditch to NZ or import from elsewhere.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New Commencal E-bike. I'm not quite ready to go the E route yet, but it looks damn good. Starting point of $8.5k is a bit ouch.
Apparently Commencal now have a showroom in Sydney which is pretty cool

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Whenever I see bikes in this current style, to me they look like they have been crumpled. Some powerful giant has grabbed the seat tube and head tube on the "up" end and power flexed them closer together, while pushing down the bottom bracket shell and spreading the wheels. With all the ancient Britt mythology around sleeping giants one has to wonder what the designers have upset in their forest adventures!

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Some of the exaggerated flattened head tube angles challenge my ideas of beauty too.
I like the steeper seat angle because it makes it easier uphill but the head tube thing lengthens the wheelbase and even though it is the current fashion and can slow the steering too much IMO.

PJO

in me vL comy
Some of the exaggerated flattened head tube angles challenge my ideas of beauty too.
I like the steeper seat angle because it makes it easier uphill but the head tube thing lengthens the wheelbase and even though it is the current fashion and can slow the steering too much IMO.
I don't think I'd call it a fashion, no one is going to go back to 70+ HA anytime in the future.

Finding that sweet spot between confidence inspiring slackness for descending and not too much steering sluggishness for the rest of the ride is tricky.

Right now for hardtails 65 HA works pretty well considering it steepens a bit at ride height. I've effectively slackened mine to <65 by throwing smaller wheel in the back and def notice the steering changes.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I don't think I'd call it a fashion, no one is going to go back to 70+ HA anytime in the future.

Finding that sweet spot between confidence inspiring slackness for descending and not too much steering sluggishness for the rest of the ride is tricky.

Right now for hardtails 65 HA works pretty well considering it steepens a bit at ride height. I've effectively slackened mine to QUOTE]The steering can be a bit floppy unless you go with a shorter offset (e.g. 29er at 44mm) but at high speed, it's stable and so much fun!

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt