Newly Released Bikes General

PJO

in me vL comy
On a positive note, looks like Santa Cruz have moved to size dependent chain stay lengths.

Edit: ...and some appropriately sized head tube lengths

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
On a positive note, looks like Santa Cruz have moved to size dependent chain stay lengths.

Edit: ...and some appropriately sized head tube lengths
Agreed on the increasing chainstay lengths.

If it was a race bike vs a steezy trailslayer I'd say they haven't made the chainstays long enough on the large and XL sizes though. The XL especially is going to be challenging to keep the weight on the front. I wouldn't have the energy for that body english on a decent ride. The medium looks super balanced imo.

PJO

in me vL comy
Agreed on the increasing chainstay lengths.

If it was a race bike vs a steezy trailslayer I'd say they haven't made the chainstays long enough on the large and XL sizes though. The XL especially is going to be challenging to keep the weight on the front. I wouldn't have the energy for that body english on a decent ride. The medium looks super balanced imo.
Based on the geo numbers shown, climbing on this new Nomad should be way better than the old one. The effective seat angle is heaps steeper, and the longer chain stays on the L and XL will put relatively more weight on the front.

Also, since Santa Cruz measure the seat angle at stack height, the larger stack (longer head tube) in the L and XL means that if you have long legs you won't be as badly penalized by the slackness of the actual seat tube angle.

If i'm going to make anymore armchair suppositions I really need a beer, but it's kinda frowned upon at work. Being this close to Christmas, though, the frowning is not as bad as other times of year.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can't recall the last release from Santa Cruz that I looked at and wanted to ride, let alone purchase.

They look particularly unattractive to me, the STA is comedy slack. The only saving grace is the size specific rear end they've finally decided they can include. Adjustability range is not even worth offering. Most riders would struggle to feel the different settings.

For me, at 6'4", and 36" inseam, there are loads of better options to choose from.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like pics of the new nomad surfaced on MTBR but were taken down :( probably only a few days till it drops.
Keen to see what SC do with it!