Newly Released Bikes General

Jpez

Down on the left!
Not a released bike! But...

How cool is this proto/mock-up from Canyon:
View attachment 379267

Pinion, gearbox, dropper post compatible...
What is it with these HP bike running the top tube and ST junction so damn low? That’s the only thing I don’t like about the Highlanders looks. Means the dropper is up much higher than it needs to be. the above does look pretty interesting tho. Like.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
What is it with these HP bike running the top tube and ST junction so damn low? That’s the only thing I don’t like about the Highlanders looks. Means the dropper is up much higher than it needs to be. the above does look pretty interesting tho. Like.
I think it's so everyone can feel like they can throw it around like a dirt-jumper.

Really I think it's just so it makes them easier to stand over in the shuttle queue for shorter riders.

I like to have the TT just low enough I don't, err... "sack tap" it when standing, but not unnecessarily low as I occasionally use it as a contact point against my shin or thigh while riding...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yep, dents the look of that new We Are One Arrival too.

PJO

in me vL comy
Not a released bike! But...

How cool is this proto/mock-up from Canyon:
View attachment 379267

Pinion, gearbox, dropper post compatible...
Sorry but that tips my ugly radar, especially that seat tube and chainstay. I get the reasoning but not the execution and when someone has to write "this is where the magic happens" on a bike it screams marketing hype to me...

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm a HPP bike convert but that really doesn't work for me in terms of looks. Needlessly fussy and overcomplicate.

And agree about top tubes being too low. It makes XL bikes look awkward at the seattube / extended seat post.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I think it's so everyone can feel like they can throw it around like a dirt-jumper.

Really I think it's just so it makes them easier to stand over in the shuttle queue for shorter riders.

I like to have the TT just low enough I don't, err... "sack tap" it when standing, but not unnecessarily low as I occasionally use it as a contact point against my shin or thigh while riding...
Yeah, I’ve seen you use your shin when you chuck out a rad Footjam tail whip fakie CanCan. :p

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'm a HPP bike convert but that really doesn't work for me in terms of looks. Needlessly fussy and overcomplicate.

And agree about top tubes being too low. It makes XL bikes look awkward at the seattube / extended seat post.
It works in some ways though - that line from the top tube that runs through to the seat stay looks great.

But overall low top tubes make bikes look weird and half-melted.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, but you'll all be on 36" by then, so I'll still be a contrarian...
I thought you were identifying as tall now and would have found a hack to fit a 36er on the crafty work by now.

The GT chain line looks weird. The higher pivot is too close to the chain ring. It looks like the chain should naturally run between them instead of on top. Could be a deal breaker for me as it is doing my head in. I will read the article and see if it changes my mind.

moorey

call me Mia
I thought you were identifying as tall now and would have found a hack to fit a 36er on the crafty work by now.

The GT chain line looks weird. The higher pivot is too close to the chain ring. It looks like the chain should naturally run between them instead of on top. Could be a deal breaker for me as it is doing my head in. I will read the article and see if it changes my mind.
Not tall, weirdly proportioned.

As a recent convert to the idler bikes, the GT is the most affordable, and not as ugly as some. You don’t buy HSP for the beauty.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
It's a Canyon. The answer is clearly Troy Brosnan.