Newly Released Bikes General

LPG

likes thicc birds
I before I bought my Transition Smuggler I was tossing up between it (online store purchase) and buying a Scout in the US as I was going to be over there for a training course.

The Scout was cheaper initially but not by much, then I was contemplating luggage insurance for when I flew back with it and ultimately the Smuggler was cheaper shipped (and paid with PayPal so some peace of mind).
Interesting. I don't really see myself flying to the UK anytime soon, it was more a comment on the difference in price.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The comments on Pinkbike and Vital are at least consistently (and passionately) negative.

Might be one where consumer pressure wins out after a couple of years. It'll help sell bikes to newbs in showrooms for the moment because the bikes look neat, but won't help when they have to pay to get them serviced (people buying bikes with through-headset routing are unlikely to be the type to work on their own bikes IMO), or when the brake hose starts rubbing through the steerer (or even worse, if the steerer rubs through the brake hose), or rubs through the frame (the headtube is a fairly important area of the frame, lol). And then of course it's another point of dirt and water ingress that means headset bearing replacements will be required more frequently, extra labour $$$ at the LBS for "through-headset tax" and pre-covering potential rework when shit rubs through down the track - because even though the cable were setup correctly at time-of-install they've slipped and are now sawing through stuff, and then you can't buy replacement of the obcsure proprietary headset parts, new frame required, etc... Might be education by financial suffering I'm thinking.
It does look neat and I see that part of it. Most of these things need a bit of time to evolve and to see if they catch on with the unwashed masses. Cable rub in hidden spots an accumulating dirt and proprietary headset hardware aren't an endearing features, that is for sure. I guess we have all bought into internal cable routing so it isn't huge leap but give it time.

You have to pity the poor bike mechanics having to endure the evil of internal routing, but wait, now there is more and it will be harder.

Time will tell if it catches on. I think it will since a clean, cableless look seems to impress the product marketers and sell bikes. If you stick to last season's ideas then you are already behind the perceived tech coolness curve. Can only be for aesthetics since MTBs will never be aero with those upright riding positions no matter if you even got any advantage out of it. I have never really minded external cables at all and they are so easy to get to.

A race to fix problems that don't really exist again :) Here we go again.
I am heading out for blat later today on a bike that proudly exposes its cable and aero stylee is something that other people need to worry about.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Interesting. I don't really see myself flying to the UK anytime soon.
I'm due a visit, could pay for the return flight with the price of shipping an Atherton frame here at £750.

Pay the VAT in the country and claim it back when leaving the UK.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Forbidden have limited edition colours out for the Druid. @wkkie is this green ok?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Forbidden have limited edition colours out for the Druid. @wkkie is this green ok?

That is horn.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green

Sure is! What @rockmoose said. :p