Newly Released Bikes General

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
That Mojo is the wrong wheel size and wrong frame material, but I LIKE IT. Best looking bike from Ibis too. Wonder if there will be a Mojo AF?

In Transition news, the Smuggler has disappeared off the website - I hope that means a new version out soon in the Sentinel / Scout style - and an Alu frame at some point.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just putting this out there so you can all have a lookie.

Behold the Haideli FS 831 AM Hightower VPP3 knock off. USD$699. Link has CGI images only but there seems to be few other images floating around.

Still new and not available in any volumes yet. The geo is all Hightower.

http://haidelibikes.com/product/showproduct.php?id=129

I've read somewhere but can't cite that the VPP patent has expired after 20 years. Maybe it is reaching the free for all stage?

You would hope that it lasts better than a Great Wall or Haval car. Bulk up your dental insurance just in case. Still grabbed my attention and had my 'what if' moment nonetheless.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
No idea how they can sell it that cheap - still high manual labour requirements, no matter where it's made...
The group buy on Chinertown is USD$499. It all raises a load of questions and could lead to a path of pain but if they nailed it then it could be a huge bargain.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm sure they could nail at least one or two of what they produce.
Just make sure you don't get number three or four :) Will have to watch the feedback as it all unfolds.

If it ends up sounding good and not too many wierd issues then it makes much easier.

You can even order in the Hightower blue as the default colour.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No idea how they can sell it that cheap - still high manual labour requirements, no matter where it's made...
It is scary to think where they are cutting cost. Probably some nasty shit for their workers or the environment in that back story.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From what I could find, at the moment shipping on Haideli/other Chinese frames is $300+ making it much less of an enticing gamble. I had a hardtail frame on order and they cancelled it due to being unable to ship during "these uncertain times".