Newly Released Bikes General

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Leitch,
I'm happy to discuss the topic and really don't mind you disagreeing with what I say but my preference would be for us not to post pictures directed at each other as a response as it just comes across as disrespectful.
Would that be okay with you?
Thanks
Michael

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A true reissue would have somehow included the loop stays and sliding drops as a real nod.

This just looks like a catalogue carbon frame with a paint job and poorly matched turq ano.
The CK Turq clashes with their custom parts.. ugh.
Trying to match anodising parts across different manufacturers to get the same colour finish was never going to work. I know it would be super hard to do but I would have thought that for 100 bikes at $10k each they could have got all the parts in mill finish from the suppliers and batch anodised them all together.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I'm happy to discuss the topic and really don't mind you disagreeing with what I say but my preference would be for us not to post pictures directed at each other as a response as it just comes across as disrespectful.
Aha you're right it was a cheap shot, but my point was that what you wrote (which I quoted) demonstrates that you're not actually happy to discuss, because you simply want to dismiss any notion of the issue existing in the first place. You claim that Yeti deciding to stop using the word in its marketing is an affront to rational thinking, but when I presented rationale in favour of the word change and asked you to present rationale in favour of your position you instead referenced your opinion that "tribe...was being used in a culturally positive way" which has already been refuted.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
For me the more worrying thing is that we are looking towards companies to lead the way in terms of political correctness and then praising them when they do it.
Do not get me wrong, I think political correctness is a good thing (racism is learnt and it does take the effort of the village to unlearn it and it will be painful), but the movement is being subverted by capitalist ideology.
Now front and centre of the political correctness movement is companies packing it as part of their product.
Buy from us to demonstrate that you care about miniorities.

Then the rabble of privledged white males complaining about not appropriating minority culture also gives them free advertising. And also masks the racism of the said white males.

I long for the days where you racists had to actually come out and say, no i do not want that coloured person to have the same rights as me, now you can simply voice disgust at companies not using cultures as mascots.
But I have a tribal yeti tribe tattoo on my bicep...

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aha you're right it was a cheap shot, but my point was that what you wrote (which I quoted) demonstrates that you're not actually happy to discuss, because you simply want to dismiss any notion of the issue existing in the first place. You claim that Yeti deciding to stop using the word in its marketing is an affront to rational thinking, but when I presented rationale in favour of the word change and asked you to present rationale in favour of your position you instead referenced your opinion that "tribe...was being used in a culturally positive way" which has already been refuted.
Sorry I didn't mean to come across as dismissive and shouldn't have made the comment about rational thinking as that was a bit divisive. Yes the word has been used in a negative way which you pointed out and I should have said that I totally agree with that. I was just pointing out that the word is currently being used by culture in a positive way too. Both are true and I don't think one way should always overrule the other because context is important.

Like I said though, to me, it's not about the word. It comes at a time where it just looks like they are trying so hard to latch onto a movement but they have done it in such an odd way that, to me, it just seems to trivialise the situation rather than propel it.

Happy for you to respond but I wont respond back. Can take to PM's if you want.

What we can both agree on is that this hardtail, while it might look nice, is significantly overpriced for what it is.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Didn't the Baum guys make a $40k bike a few years ago?

Tribe was deliberately used. It conjures up imagery of Himalayan tribes folk and their spiritual connection to their mountainous home and the mythical beast. To cease using it is a wise step.

How can they have a 35 year tribute without 26 inch wheels?