Newly Released Bikes General

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Ha! My alloy Spider frame had a misaligned rear triangle too! Let's be friends.

Despite that, given bikes are emotional purchases there's something about those welded alloy frames that just makes me wish they'd make more of them. Maybe I'm a slow learner.
A mate of mine had an Intense Tracer and that thing used to eat wheel bearings and linkage bearings on a weekly basis. He never was able to get a warranty claim out of them, ended up selling it to some other poor smuck.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was all set to get a Gnarvana frame until the pipeline of shit @komdotkom experienced soured me on the idea. Can't say I've seen that level of misalignment on any of the above brands :(
They never got back to me about what the problem was (despite the promises), I assume it was totally fucked but they didn't want to admit it because there were heaps more out there with the same issue.

Intense have lost their way so badly in the last 7-8 years. I've owned a couple but have zero in them now as a brand, on a par with S Works

Stredda

Yep, they eat shocks internal bushings for breakfast, it’s why cane creek had sooooo many gen1 CCDB inlines fail. Add in some frame miss-alignment and it’s quite the train wreck.
I did hear that the older Enduros were hard on shocks too as they also had the Inline shocks for a while. There was a housing upgrade for those shocks that NS Dynamics offered to make them more durable.

slowmick

38-39"
Bloody hell that must have gone off with a bang! :oops:
First run of the shuttle day at the you yangs. It went bang in a big way after landing a reasonable sized double. Took a while to find the air can in the shrubbery.
Not as long as finding a pedal (same bike) in the same shrubbery also first run of a shuttle day at the you yangs.

1668467414429.png

(yes, the 2x crank look odd but the frame had just been replaced under warranty and 650b Enduro was not compatible with a front derailleur).

Stredda

First run of the shuttle day at the you yangs. It went bang in a big way after landing a reasonable sized double. Took a while to find the air can in the shrubbery.
Not as long as finding a pedal (same bike) in the same shrubbery also first run of a shuttle day at the you yangs.

View attachment 394485
(yes, the 2x crank look odd but the frame had just been replaced under warranty and 650b Enduro was not compatible with a front derailleur).
So Specialized Enduros explode shocks and cranks!! :eek: :p
Imagine if it was an Ebike too, you'd be dead! o_O

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just under $7k for frame only.
Granted it was 2017 pricing, but my Django came in at that for a complete bike and the ride report and intended use sounds very similar (although the slacker head angle sounds nice).
Based on that Pinkbike review it sounds like the 120 may be something where you are paying an absolute premium for something that be done either better or cheaper elsewhere.

I do agree that 120-130mm bikes with 140-150 up front do really seem to hit the sweet the spot for a lot of riding, especially when that travel paired with a good design/suspension platform.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I haven't been that fussed about several high-priced mtb purchases in recent years, but it's just getting too expensive now.

I can't see myself updating anything in the fleet for some time if this continues.
Same. Glad I bought when I did as noticed price increase on Deviates website last night.

Although I saw that Forbidden were going to do a Black Friday special so possibly clearing out some stock?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I haven't been that fussed about several high-priced mtb purchases in recent years, but it's just getting too expensive now.

I can't see myself updating anything in the fleet for some time if this continues.
Also same. In the age of $2k forks, suddenly needing the best part of $10k just for a frame and fork is too much of a stretch.

Hopefully a better exchange rate leads to some price reductions, cus if even idiots like me can't justify spending this level of money sales might drop off a bit otherwise.

Also massive lol at what the 2023 e bike prices will be.