Newly Released Suspension & Components General

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
God no, not the Turbine. 30mm axle and tightening collar is a pain. Go the Aeffect R, it's lighter as well if taking into account the bb. Shimano bbs are also infinitely superior to RF ones.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Oh yeah! A mate and I were pretty pissed off last year, when we were building up his Patrol, that there is ANOTHER stupid BB tool required for RF BBs. Not the Shimano one we've been using for the last ten years. Fcuk Rotor, RF and all the others who thought it was a good idea to put a different number of splines on their BB shells
I can attest to getting about six, hassle-free, years out of a BB51

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Ah of course! Aeffect R + MT800?

Are Hope bb worth it out of curiosity?
Good combo. But even the plain jane Shimano bb52 is excellent. I've had a Shimano bbr 600 (road version of the mt800) last on the road bike for going on 8 years and god knows how many kms.

Hope bbs are shit. The bearings are terrible and really hard to replace. If you need a bsa30 bb get a Rotor.

If you must have a colourful bb any of the Taiwanese ones from Cyclingdeal are pretty good. Not Shimano good but superior to anything from Sram, Fsa, RF etc.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Good combo. But even the plain jane Shimano bb52 is excellent. I've had a Shimano bbr 600 (road version of the mt800) last on the road bike for going on 8 years and god knows how many kms.

Hope bbs are shit. The bearings are terrible and really hard to replace. If you need a bsa30 bb get a Rotor.

If you must have a colourful bb any of the Taiwanese ones from Cyclingdeal are pretty good. Not Shimano good but superior to anything from Sram, Fsa, RF etc.

I’m with you oddjob. My hope bb hasn’t lasted any longer than any of the shimano units I’ve used.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Another reinvention of the spoke for the weight savers.

Berd Spoke Technology

Berd spokes are made from an advanced polymer called ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE). UHMWPE has 12 times the strength-to-weight ratio of steel and floats on water. The key aspect of our technology is the connection between the polymer and the steel threads, which relies on the "Chinese Finger Trap" effect to create an 'unbreakable' bond. This technology was developed in partnership with the National Science Foundation through a Small Business Innovation Research Grant and is protected by US Patents 10,150,332 B2 and 10,661,598 B2."

https://berdspokes.com/

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Theres a guy on another page who has been riding a set of these for trail/enduro.

EDIT: just to clarify, they make a whole load of different alu and carbon wheelsets, from XC to Enduro/trail, the bloke I talk of rides the alu 30mm versions.

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Theres a guy on another page who has been riding a set of these for trail/enduro.

EDIT: just to clarify, they make a whole load of different alu and carbon wheelsets, from XC to Enduro/trail, the bloke I talk of rides the alu 30mm versions.

Hmmmm, sounds familiar.......

I had a pair of Xyclones back in the day. Super fast, but felt a bit spongy, and I split the rear rim along the spoke bed