Newly Released Suspension & Components General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Time for a O Chain!
For heavens sake just don't mention that you understand how they work! Otherwise everyone will misinterpret it as a suggestion that everyone should be using them and there'll be a flurry of postings about how pedal kickback isn't a real thing and 18t ratchets magically stop it happening even if it is real.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
For heavens sake just don't mention that you understand how they work! Otherwise everyone will misinterpret it as a suggestion that everyone should be using them and there'll be a flurry of postings about how pedal kickback isn't a real thing and 18t ratchets magically stop it happening even if it is real.
Ooopps, um yeah I don‘t get it ;) Kinda get how they work and NSMB had a great review on it, seems to be the hot thing right now in DH and some Enduro riders are rocking them too, like Mr Moir. Let’s get back to the anti vibration stickers, they were the shizzle.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I've found the ultimate solution to eliminating pedal kick back. I've done some testing myself over the years and can confirm that I do not feel any suspension induced kick back through the feet at all!

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Hey @SummitFever don't mean to be picky I'm just trying to clarify my understanding. Do you mean: you would feel it through the pedals if the rate of "chain growth" (or chainstay lengthening since chains can't grow) is greater than the speed at which the engagement point is rotating away?? Not less than. If it was less than, the chain wouldn't become taught and there would be no kick back. Is that right?
Yeah. You're right, I had that arse about.

Reactions: PJO

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wait, what even IS that. F*** horse people are weird. Either creating elite olympic level sport categories that amount to classical poncing or mounting deranged defences of feral animals destroying national parks because tHeYrE a PaRt oF oUr hErItAge
You've never befriended a horse person have you? Giddy up..!

PJO

in me vL comy
But, the fork has to work with modern, slacker head angles. So, looking at it from the side, you can see that it moves the top of the stanchions behind the steering axis. Then, it cants them forward more, adding 5º to the head angle.
The fork doesn't add to the head angle it subtracts from the head angle, that is how you make it look slacker and change the "angle of attack".
Do BikeRumour even MTB? :rolleyes:

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt

A DHX2 with something different going on. I’m sort hoping it’s inbuilt telemetry, but it’s probably just a remote lockout.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'm slightly sceptical of a fork with "rearward travel" because it means the bike's front centre gets shorter as you go deeper into the travel (even more so than a conventional fork) The angle of the stanchions might allow the forks to move more freely, but the effective head angle of your bike will also be dramatically steepening through the stroke of the fork. It would also mean varying offset throughout the travel too, and that may make for some wacky handling feel. I guess theoretically it should become more "stable with the ever reducing offset through the stroke though, so maybe the increasing offset would create enough stability to counter the shortening of the front end...?

Cool to see Intend doing all their mad-scientist experiments though. At least they're actually pushing the envelope and trying different things.

goobags

Likes Dirt
I've found the ultimate solution to eliminating pedal kick back. I've done some testing myself over the years and can confirm that I do not feel any suspension induced kick back through the feet at all!
View attachment 379676
Just a different type of pedal kickback when you try and start the damn thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk