Newly Released Suspension & Components General

moorey

call me Mia
Might have to move to another thread, but as a flats noob, what should I be looking at? I've had a look at what everyone is running in the pyr threads. Quiet the selection lol
Yeah, it’s 100% preference based, and I’ve tried most. As above, I love the DMR vault, keen to try their composites. Bergtec m4 and 5 are both excellent, Nukeproof do some excellent stuff. Haven’t tried the defy, but they look great. For serious grip, and no pedal slip, the Cromag Dagga…at least I pray people never slip.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Yeah, it’s 100% preference based, and I’ve tried most. As above, I love the DMR vault, keen to try their composites. Bergtec m4 and 5 are both excellent, Nukeproof do some excellent stuff. Haven’t tried the defy, but they look great. For serious grip, and no pedal slip, the Cromag Dagga…at least I pray people never slip.
I didn't like the Nukeproof Sam Hills, they seemed too small. If you don't have boat feet then they're probably excellent.

moorey

call me Mia
I didn't like the Nukeproof Sam Hills, they seemed too small. If you don't have boat feet then they're probably excellent.
I run a few sets of their composites. Prefer them to the alloys, but my mate disagrees. That's for trail use though. I never run composites for gravity days or racing.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I run a few sets of their composites. Prefer them to the alloys, but my mate disagrees. That's for trail use though. I never run composites for gravity days or racing.
I liked the composites more than the alloy too. In fact it was you that recommended them to me when I first joined this forum!

They were still working just fine after 7 years and I just sold them with my old Giant Talon. My son now has the Sam Hills and he loves them but his feet are a lot smaller than mine!

I like the Deftraps for their squarer foot area as opposed to the cut out edges that Nukeproof use. I find my feet sit splayed out and not straight so I always felt unsupported with the NPs whereas the Deftraps feel good all the time. Oh and they're available in pink ;)

That said if I had the money I'd be all over a set of Deity TMac in Bronze or Silver.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
For serious grip, and no pedal slip, the Cromag Dagga…at least I pray people never slip.
This. Super grippy, I actually removed the inner side pins altogether, and swapped the centre pins for shorter (non threaded point) pins as in stock configuration they're so grippy it's actually hard to detach the shoe from the pedal.

You do have to pay for the privilege though. :oops:

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Running OneUp alloys on the big bike, nice big platform, grip well in the steeps, and clear well In the mud. I had the plastic version and was happy with those aswell but bent an axle after a pedal strike, could have just been bad luck. The alloys have a beefy inner bearing. Can't comment on longevity as the bike has been hanging on the hook for a while..
Dmr V12s on the PBS, slightly smaller platform but work ok. They've stood the test of time.
Older Saint flats on another bike, woeful, the new ones look more promising.

moorey

call me Mia
Running OneUp alloys on the big bike, nice big platform, grip well in the steeps, and clear well In the mud. I had the plastic version and was happy with those aswell but bent an axle after a pedal strike, could have just been bad luck. The alloys have a beefy inner bearing. Can't comment on longevity as the bike has been hanging on the hook for a while..
Dmr V12s on the PBS, slightly smaller platform but work ok. They've stood the test of time.
Older Saint flats on another bike, woeful, the new ones look more promising.
Yeah, new Saints look better.....but anything would be an improvement on what they have been for the last million years. As soon as anyone says they are the best pedal ever, I KNOW they are the first and only pedal they have ever used.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yeah, new Saints look better.....but anything would be an improvement on what they have been for the last million years. As soon as anyone says they are the best pedal ever, I KNOW they are the first and only pedal they have ever used.
The saints were the worst flats I’ve ever used. I can’t believe how popular they were/are. Especially for the price of them!

moorey

call me Mia
The saints were the worst flats I’ve ever used. I can’t believe how popular they were/are. Especially for the price of them!
Small platform, shit pins, short pins even with washers removed, heavy, ugly, thick, expensive….what do people see in them aside from the word ‘Saint’?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Might have to move to another thread, but as a flats noob, what should I be looking at? I've had a look at what everyone is running in the pyr threads. Quiet the selection lol
Everyone sh$t cans them, but I've been running crank brothers stamp 1 composite pedals for 3 years now with no issues at all. Have cleaned and regreased them once in that time and bounced them off a whole bunch of rocks (you were there for one of them, when I turned my lights off at the top of the track )

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks all, I must admit I didn't even consider composites, was only looking at alloy.
I do like the look of the deity deftraps and seem a reasonable weight and price too. Will take a closer look at some of the other recommended composites as well :)
These are probably a better fit for me as a trail rider, don't think I need super heavy DH pedals.
Cheers

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I tried a set as an experiment for flats once and had one of my worst rides ever. Feet bouncing out of place and precisely no grip at all. You couldn't pay me to ride with them.