Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I'm happy to be first to try these, after 3 other people have test ridden and confirmed they aren't going to kill me.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Isn’t the ‘twin tube’ thing about separating compression and rebound damping?

Anyway, I don't get this shock. Air shocks are becoming more coil-like (big aircan to be more linear) and coils are becoming more air-like (Hydraulic bottom out and progressive springs) and bike manufacturers have found a happy place to deliver a kinematic that works with air or coil (around 25-30% progression in shock rate) yet we now need this?

If it’s got all the seals associated with an air shock then i call bullshit on it being as ‘supple as a coil’. And if you need a shit-tonne of ramp up because your frame has a really low leverage ratio then just stick with air. This seems unnecessary, overly complex and expensive. Now that I type that, I’m realising they’ll sell plenty…
Price is not as high as I thought. $1460. Still too high - I think I read somewhere seals are kept to a minimum but still an interesting product but I would just get a coil or air unless my frame had a weird suspension curve that called for it.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid

And still the biggest forks available flex hard on the huck to flat reinforcing the benefit of USD forks. Be so good to have an Intend or a Dorado in there for comparison. And a Mezzer for that matter just because.
Maybe I should do this test at home with the above forks. Get some comparisons ;) Big fat lowers, long A2C and lack of bushing overlap seems to be current recipe.

shiny

Wolftooth take on the stick dropper remote. Pricey but similar to the Yep Components one. Wonder how long till we see a Ali copy.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Wolftooth take on the stick dropper remote. Pricey but similar to the Yep Components one. Wonder how long till we see a Ali copy.

They look good. I just ordered one to compare to the YEP joystick. Now who needs a YEP I seem to have 2 new spares

shiny

They look good. I just ordered one to compare to the YEP joystick. Now who needs a YEP I seem to have 2 new spares
Full report by Monday ;) The offset mount is interesting. Took me a while to get used to the Yep after using a thumb only for so many years but I like it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I have a very similar lever to this on an (very old) old x-fusion dropper.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Full report by Monday ;) The offset mount is interesting. Took me a while to get used to the Yep after using a thumb only for so many years but I like it.
Once used to them they are great. Such a light action. I like the look of the wolf tooth bit more grip on the lever.

shiny

Once used to them they are great. Such a light action. I like the look of the wolf tooth bit more grip on the lever.
Took some tweaking to position in the right spot as I ride with my hands on the outer part of the grip but once sorted it’s been great.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Isn’t the ‘twin tube’ thing about separating compression and rebound damping?
Twin tube means the damper body is made from 2 tubes, 1 inside the other. Allowing a 'circulating' oil path through the shock/fork damper.
TPC (twin piston cartridge) is the seperation of rebound/compression into 2 seperate valves/pistons. Although some TPC designs use a 'midvalve' on the back of the rebound piston to generate compression damping too...

By the look of the picture I posted, the new CC Tigon is laid out like a typical air shock. Single damper body attached to the lower eyelet, primary valving on main piston, oil flows through the damper shaft into secondary valving then reservoir.