Newly Released Suspension & Components General

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
And the radivist Here both having a wondering bite point.
This is hilarious, 50% more power 75% of the time. :D:D:D
Guy on mtbr had the same issue. Which he fixed by following the "piston setting" instruction.

He initially did the setting thing, but concludes he obviously didn't yank on the levers hard enough.

Either way I'm happy with my Tektro brakes as I do not slay the trails like some apparently do, so I won't be buying any maven fancy pants sram brakes

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I linked a while back a strange sram product that looked like it ran mineral oil:

Now it looks like they are throwing more chips on the table.

Looks like it uses the expensive diresstima bio oil stuff, but a move in the right direction imo.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I linked a while back a strange sram product that looked like it ran mineral oil:

Now it looks like they are throwing more chips on the table.

Looks like it uses the expensive diresstima bio oil stuff, but a move in the right direction imo.
A strange SRAM product that's featured on many bikes including mine :D

"The DB8 is SRAM's mineral oil brake that combines their ubiquitous Code brake pads with a significantly more positive braking action than the least expensive Code R brakes. This isn't down to the fluid being used, but rather the fact that the DB8 is a next generation SRAM brake. It makes me look forward to riding their soon-to-be-released new DH brakes.

Continuing to talk about the DB8 brakes, these aren't just a score for the price of the Scout Comp, they're a score relative to the higher cost Scout models as well. I'd actively choose the DB8 on the $2,300 Comp over the SLX 4-piston brakes on Nukeproof's 3,000-dollar Elite model and the Guide RE brakes on their $3,800 RS model.
"