Official kentlyn thread

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Blinky Bill

Walking the dogs this morning in Kentlyn and they scented something and took off....

Im not too sure, but I think his arm may be hurt cause he wasnt keen to climb the tree and just sat there. I couldnt quite make the tags out and didnt want to distress him too much... but pretty damn cool I have to say.

BTW have called the Koala hotline and will tell them exactly where he is....

Attachments

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WOW!

Thats something you don't see often. Hope he hasn't fallen from the tree or something..

Looks like a bit of dislocation going on there. Don't quote me, I am not a vet :)

DT's

Likes Bikes
Walking the dogs this morning in Kentlyn and they scented something and took off....

Im not too sure, but I think his arm may be hurt cause he wasnt keen to climb the tree and just sat there. I couldnt quite make the tags out and didnt want to distress him too much... but pretty damn cool I have to say.

was that after our ride?

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That shoulder doesn't look good. Hope it isn't the one I spotted a week or so back.

Good work mate.:) Thanks for taking the time to call the Koala hotline.

BTW. You can generally see their ear tags better from the rear than the front. Sometimes the fur around their ear covers the tag so have a look at the back of the ear.

CBG.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
howdy
what are conditons like at Kenty at present ... thinking of heading your way either Sunday Morning early or Sunday afternoon 3ish ...

presume the sandy soils are coping well with the rain ??

Ta

Newts

Likes Dirt
howdy
what are conditons like at Kenty at present ... thinking of heading your way either Sunday Morning early or Sunday afternoon 3ish ...

Ta
It normally gets tacky after the rain. YOu will love it

CraigS

Likes Dirt
howdy

Ta
Nerf
Kentlyn is probably the best place to ride in Sydney after rain as it drains very quickly and as Newts said, the tracks are super tacky so you don't need you brakes on the corners, just rail them hard:cool:
I'll be out there tomorrow morning doing more track work after the road gap, so if anyone is riding that line, don't run me over:eek:

CraigS

Likes Dirt
So the long weekend is looming fast. Who wants to put their hand up for a trip to Lithgow for some DH. At present we're looking at going up on the Sunday. Possibly looking to do both shuttles at The Gun Club and The Pony Club tracks as well as some pushies at Lidsdale. Need numbers to orgainse vehicles.
So far:
IN:
Greg
Craig

Tentative
Nerf

Not confirmed:
Judd
Blake
Pete
Andy
Wade

Last edited:

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so at the mo we can just take the ute with the bikes on the back if thats easier...

trip might also include a little eating challenge on the way home:

:p

Newts

Likes Dirt
2 macs, 3/4 cheeseburger, 3 nuggets, 2 chips and 2 drinks and I wasn't hungry. The girls weren't eating. Image me after a full day riding.
Not likely for me at this stage. Have a few things happening (kids partys) so KDH is the likely option.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
Newts, finally someone else who wants to do this challenge. I have a bet going with some mates that recon i cant do one of those meals by myself after a day of riding. They have at least $40 riding on it.

Can anyone give me some directions to the Lithgow downhill trails. I have heard there are a few, but can never get good directions on here or other websites, unlike say Ourimbah and Stromlo. I was looking at organising a trip for some mates to go up awaba tomorrow, but due to weather, thought better of it. Probs hitting up the gong.

Cheers in advance

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Thanks for the update Peeps ... if its not a biblical flood on Sunday you'll see a couple of slugs doing a lapo.

Wanna put me down for a tentative for Lithgow ... I'll wrangle a crew but if you have space I'll bum a seat if thats OK. (may have my new rig too ... yeow:))