Official kentlyn thread

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did anyone ride the tracks, DH or XC, during the week? How did they hold up? I can think of at least one person who did on Thursday in the rain but he didn't say what condition the tracks were in besides wet.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did anyone ride the tracks, DH or XC, during the week? How did they hold up? I can think of at least one person who did on Thursday in the rain but he didn't say what condition the tracks were in besides wet.
I normally ride through the week but haven't for the last couple of weeks due to the rain. If the rain decreases over the next day or two I will be out there Monday or Tuesday at the earliest and can report back then if nobody else has replied.

Michael.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
cool, good man, what year 40s are you getting? errr and what bike are they going on? :)
Get 2011 40's from My Mountain:
http://www.mymountain.com.au/p/960883/fox-40-rc2-fit.html

We're heading out to DH tracks tomorrow morning. Will post up conditions afterwards. Been dry all day in Campbelltown so tracks should be fast and tacky.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
So when are you coming out to KDH for a ride???
Come out tomorrow morning. Haven't caught up for a while.
hey craig i would probably come out cause KDH would be in its best form at the moment, but we are going to ride old bathurst road today cant wait!
I will come out when i get my new rig hey or maybe next time all you boys go to menai give me a yell

mtb1611

Seymour
didnt end up riding it mate locals gave us a dirty look and then we seen the sign saying 'no riding' so we gotta outta there pretty quick
All of the lower mountains trails have been closed by Blue Mountains Council. There's an entire thread about it, might be worth your while to check it out - might save you another wasted trip.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
hey craig i would probably come out cause KDH would be in its best form at the moment, but we are going to ride old bathurst road today cant wait!
I will come out when i get my new rig hey or maybe next time all you boys go to menai give me a yell
Yeah you missed a fun morning of riding. Super tacky and clean trails.

didnt end up riding it mate locals gave us a dirty look and then we seen the sign saying 'no riding' so we gotta outta there pretty quick
OBR and every other DH track on the Eastern Escarpment of the Blue Mountains was closed a few months ago. If I saw you were heading up there I would have said something to save you the trip. Why not come up to Lithgow next Sunday, there's approx 3 car loads going already.

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
We ended up riding some track called "chicken run" which was pretty fun had huge water bars on it , felt like i was on a 4X track.
Then we headed out to Kurrajong MTB park, the place has amazing potential its just a shame they only have one DH line. Was a bit to wet out there too which was a shame.
Lithgow on sunday hey craig will have to see what all the other boys are up to, Id like to go but gotta start saving more bling for my new rig and I just realised I only have 5 months till my wedding!
Maybe next time all you guys head out to Menai I will come out if i can get out their.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Don't ride OBR please.

Craig, I know you'll be up there ... how many of the others are coming to Lithgow? I have a couple of non drivers, I was hoping to share with your shuttle if thats OK

What time are you all thinking of getting there ?? earlier the better.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gday Nerf, im bringing the shuttle uterous in question up - just posted on the Blue Mountain Downhill Riders thread..

Blake.

Last edited:

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Don't ride OBR please.

Craig, I know you'll be up there ... how many of the others are coming to Lithgow? I have a couple of non drivers, I was hoping to share with your shuttle if thats OK

What time are you all thinking of getting there ?? earlier the better.
Looks like I'll be flying solo down the DH tracks at Lidsdale early, so if any of you guys want to warm up out there before shuttles, then let me know. I can be there as early as you want. Ain't nothing like a cold foggy winter's morning riding in the pine forest to get you feeling like you're in Canada:D
Plus I don't think too many people will want to do pushies (even though it's an easy push) after shuttling.