Official kentlyn thread

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So the long weekend is looming fast. Who wants to put their hand up for a trip to Lithgow for some DH. At present we're looking at going up on the Sunday. Possibly looking to do both shuttles at The Gun Club and The Pony Club tracks as well as some pushies at Lidsdale. Need numbers to orgainse vehicles.
Updated:

So far:
IN:
Craig - LITHGOW
Blake - LITHGOW/NOWRA
Judd - LITHGOW/NOWRA
Pete - LITHGOW/NOWRA

Not confirmed:
Greg
Wade
Andy - OUT

Greg/Wade, are you keen to go somewhere?

and to the other indecisive buggers (me included) lets sort out where we are going...

Craig is in Lithgow regardless, i like the look of nowra but would currently only be 3 people going if we went to nowra. is that enough for shuttles?
if we get 4 or 5 people for lithgow we can get some nice shuttles going.

PS, my organisational skills are second to none, so no slagging me off :rolleyes:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
FYI

BMORC are going to Lids on the 13th ... XC action I think. Feel free to join them if your up there already, and have both rigs.

I have a few people interested for Pony and gun club shuttles ... what day were you thinking ??
We'll have our own crew so no need to bum a space with you peeps.

Al

CraigS

Likes Dirt
FYI

BMORC are going to Lids on the 13th ... XC action I think. Feel free to join them if your up there already, and have both rigs.

I have a few people interested for Pony and gun club shuttles ... what day were you thinking ??
We'll have our own crew so no need to bum a space with you peeps.

Al
Al
I'll be there on the 13th. If I go solo, then I'll do the Dh tracks at Lidsdale, but if some of the other guys come up, then we should be shuttling Hassan's Wall tracks.

kemmis

Likes Dirt
Hello guys, I am about to finish year 12 at the end of the year and i am looking for a trade, who better to ask then some like minded people from my local. so can anyone suggest a good trade, i am thinking light vehicle mechanic or a fitter. Any to stay away from? Better still anyone offering. anyway, cheers guys.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Hello guys, I am about to finish year 12 at the end of the year and i am looking for a trade, who better to ask then some like minded people from my local. so can anyone suggest a good trade, i am thinking light vehicle mechanic or a fitter. Any to stay away from? Better still anyone offering. anyway, cheers guys.
Best paying trades are Electrician or plumber. I know people in both trades and both have their good and bad factors like any job out there. At the end of the day it has to be something you enjoy doing. My job suits me as I get to do a multitude of trade jobs like landscaping, welding, carpentry, as well as other odd jobs.

kemmis

Likes Dirt
cheers craig, I wanna be a firey but i want to get my trade first so I always have it to fall back on.

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check out if Qantas is after apprentices for Aircraft Engineering.

I did an apprenticeship with Qantas after 8 months slogging away as a light auto mechanic.

Stay away from the automotive trade if you can. Sh*t pay and conditions...

We have had a couple of blokes leave us after some time and get jobs in the Fireies...

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions Kemmis...

Judd

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Plus, I am 4 years out of my time and earning twice that of an auto mechanis with 4 years too.

Not to mention when I pickup my signing authority, make that near 4 times the money.

...and working a 4 on 4 day off shift pattern aint bad for riding either :)

Newts

Likes Dirt
Updated:

So far:
IN:
Craig - LITHGOW
Blake - LITHGOW/NOWRA
Judd - LITHGOW/NOWRA
Pete - LITHGOW/NOWRA

Not confirmed:
Greg??????
Wade
Andy - OUT
Not sure at the moment. Think that there are already plans (family) set for the long weekend. Just watched a couple of vids of Nowra and it looks sweet. So that could be high on the list. Heading out this weekend for the 1st ride in a while. Will check with Wade, he may be down at Lake Conjolla and convince his cousin to come up for a ride (local knowledge) Will keep you posted

What day??

Newts

Likes Dirt
If you do go the way of mechanic, try a niche market. I know a guy who works on forklifts and bob-cats. Makes twice as much as a car mechanic because no-one else knows what to do.

Find something you have a passion about, you want something that you dont think about as work.
Eg, MTB park director to Kentlyn :D

Remember, you dont have to stick to the 1st job you take. Im 33 and on my 5th profession and still dont know what I want to do with myself. Hospitalisty/retail/Fitness/accounts and now I do Life Claims. Never a dull day (except for the fools I work with)

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
Josh,
Your right with the trade part get it then at least you can fall back on it. I had no idea what i wanted to do when i left school either , was a shit kicker in a warehouse for 4 years and now im a supervisor in a warehousing/logictics for emergency services.
Got all my certificates in it and am currently doing my diploma once thats down onto do uni of some sort or change jobs all together.
Your still young mate take your time im sure you will find what you wanna do.

back on track how is everyone up in kentlyn?i havnt ridden there in at least 6 months

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Thanks Pete ... for posting in the BM DH thread about the date ... see you guys at Lithgow ... looking like a crew or two.

Now, I haven't ridden Pony club ... by I know Flynny's club site will have directions if you guys are virgins like me :)

adtee23

Likes Bikes
newts, finally someone else who wants to do this challenge. I have a bet going with some mates that recon i cant do one of those meals by myself after a day of riding. They have at least $40 riding on it.

Can anyone give me some directions to the lithgow downhill trails. I have heard there are a few, but can never get good directions on here or other websites, unlike say ourimbah and stromlo. I was looking at organising a trip for some mates to go up awaba tomorrow, but due to weather, thought better of it. Probs hitting up the gong.

Cheers in advance
i still dont think you can do it scuba!!!
Ps any of these fine young gentleman get back to you with directions to lithgow trails????? Trip soon...