Official kentlyn thread

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn Today

Good ride of about 3 hours this morning with SuchisLife & Wolf Creek Psycho.
All is riding well with very little water.
We rode XC Rock & Bendi and the Downhill track Crank It to the Right.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Great to catch up.. and SIL... never would have expected you to step out of that car !! :)

Next time someone is out there, they should block off the run in to the woodwork that was destroyed at the bottom section of Crank It.. : )

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Great to catch up.. and SIL... never would have expected you to step out of that car !! :)

Next time someone is out there, they should block off the run in to the woodwork that was destroyed at the bottom section of Crank It.. : )
Hehe, I almost found out the hard way. Yeah didn't expect to see you there today Dude.

Thanks gents for showing me some of what kentlyn has to offer, now I understand why people love it, some very different trails in there so close together. Will definitely be getting back out there real soon.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Crank It to the Right

Crank It to the Right has now been vacuumed. The bit halfway down is fixed with a new line (2 options). Didn't have a bike there to ride it, but it will work.

NB: Riding from Boronia Road @ 9am Thursday if anyone is interested.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Sunday 17/3

Is anybody heading out on Sunday morning? Need to get active this weekend and finally get the AM bike out on the tracks of Kentlyn

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn Sunday 17/3

Is anybody heading out on Sunday morning? Need to get active this weekend and finally get the AM bike out on the tracks of Kentlyn
Yep riding from Boronia Road @ 8am if that is any good. Normally do 16-17kms including The Rock Trail - Crank It - Bendi .

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn Thursday 28th 9:30am

As post above Boronia Rd 9:30am. Intermediate ride/speed. Welcome to join 3 riders.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn

Should have chucked a sickie!!
Yep everything is riding well. A little warm though, with not much airflow.
Met the guys doing up Snakes and Ladders and they are keen to get things up and running on the Downhill side.
Maybe I started something with Crank It. Catch you next time. Bob

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Yep everything is riding well. A little warm though, with not much airflow.
Met the guys doing up Snakes and Ladders and they are keen to get things up and running on the Downhill side.
Maybe I started something with Crank It. Catch you next time. Bob
Crank it rocks, which is your preferred line at the split bob? Left or right?

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Crank It

Crank it rocks, which is your preferred line at the split bob? Left or right?
I'm one eyed, as Crank It Right is the one I cleaned up. I just put the sign up for Crank It left to keep it uniform. Someone else has cleaned that up.
Maybe any downhill in future needs to be Rock & Dirt only to stop the Chainsaw Massacre.

Very keen to get out and see. Hopefully next Sunday morning. Is there a recommended start point, loop ,gpx file etc or best to just explore??

Vas

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Very keen to get out and see. Hopefully next Sunday morning. Is there a recommended start point, loop ,gpx file etc or best to just explore??

Vas
Boronia Rd is the best start for XC as the track is just there. Thru gate to T Junction right for 40 metres on right orange tape 6km XC loop.
Downhill thru gate left up hill then right to clearing, choose a track and explore. Be careful on downhill as it is still a long way to go for fix up.
More XC all through there and south of Peter Meadows Rd is Bendi Trail.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
The Rock Trail - Kentlyn

The Rock Trail is now 6.3km long. Enjoy

The Crossing at Peter Meadows - Backhoe guy has tried to spoil things again but the rollover in now the other side of the Tree there.

Didn't get out there today to have a looksee as was concerned about the recent wet. Planning to pop out tomorrow morning 8.30ish if the the tracks are rideable????

Vas

romy

Likes Dirt
Was down at 7am. for a little "Crank it" trail loving. No major changes just trying to make it a little quicker/smoother.

The little hump before the trail gets crossed by the fire trail now has a little transition so you can hit it with speed and pop off it or roll over it if your not feeling like air.

Were the trail splits into crank it right and crank it left I have built the little hump into a small jump, just a little lip and again some transition,
I have built the back up with rocks so you can again roll over it if not into jumps.

I popped of it and got a little air but it speared me into the big rock in the end of the berm there.
Hope no one minds but to keep the flow I have moved the big rock and the berm about 1 foot back and again gave it a little more shape to keep the speed and flow.

Berm after that also got a little shaping.

Last thing I did was clear a path so you could jump over the big rock that is leaning agains the tree after the last berm.
There is a burnt out stump after it but I have also cleared out the landing so the line is pretty straight and misses "stumpy the wheel breaker".

I really want to build these berms up to a height that could be railed and really speed things up. might need a few more wheel barrows of land fill though.

Enjoy!