Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

willsy01

Eats Squid
Boo Whooo!!

They cant control the weather.
I don't think it's a case of their ability to control the weather.....moreso leaving until the 11th hour to make a decision. If there was any doubt they should've called it earlier.

markb84

Likes Dirt
Boo Whooo!!

They cant control the weather.
I know. I just got moody because I've had a bad week at work and looking forward to this got me through!

Waiting for a better day is the right decision, the track deserves a proper opening and needs to be bedded in and stable before unleashing the masses on it.

Damn weather!

TForsberg

Cannon Fodder
is it shut down for no one to ride till opening or can we still go and ride it, i rode it in December last year and was one of the funniest trails i have ridden on my xc bike. Can't wait to see the changes they have made since last time i rode there.

BT180

Max Pfaff
is it shut down for no one to ride till opening or can we still go and ride it, i rode it in December last year and was one of the funniest trails i have ridden on my xc bike. Can't wait to see the changes they have made since last time i rode there.
It was opened prematurely in December. Official opening is this Saturday and no-one is supposed to ride it until then.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
opening tomorrow from noon............ YUEW
You reckon the mayor is going to speak for that long?

Can't wait, just recovered from the big off I had there at the start of January, if you see an out of breath scarred up fat bloke stopped for a beer halfway through his first lap it will be me.

ChopSticks

Banned
You reckon the mayor is going to speak for that long?

Can't wait, just recovered from the big off I had there at the start of January, if you see an out of breath scarred up fat bloke stopped for a beer halfway through his first lap it will be me.
See you there at 9:30!!!

Did I hear cold beers at yours after the ride? Or have I drunk too much?

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
See you there at 9:30!!!

Did I hear cold beers at yours after the ride? Or have I drunk too much?
Why wait that long? I'm a whole 5min away. I think a few cold ones afterwards would be a capital idea.

******* EDIT *******
Great turn out this morning, thanks to Hornsby Council for the free breakfast. Good to meet some new people and see a lot of old faces there too.

The mayor's speech was mercifully short too.

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
Awesome turn out today!!!!!!!

Thanks to horny council for the bacon n egg burgers......went down nicely.......came up a different story

Will be there very soon!!!

I'll hang onto those beers Dave!!! I'll get them off you next ride :D

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Great ride guys, good to meet a few new people, have a chat with the councillors and ride the new track!

Congratulations to Hornsby Council and SNORC on the official opening!

Will definitely be coming back to ride more!