Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spewing I could not make it.... I was spewing..... Literally all day! Damn bug!
We were wondering where the hell you were. Sorry about the bug mate, get well soon.

The track had bed in quite well after all the rain, loads of people out and a great time had by all.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Well I didn't die during the night and salmonella hasn't fried my brain, might consider a ride down there today... Need to get some food into me and riding should work up my appetite!

nickg78

Likes Dirt
Nicely built track, very enjoyable but too short to amke the trip from south of the harbour worthwhile.
I think you could do a lap in around 10 min if you pushed it. Hope ully the next stage will improve the situation.

willsy01

Eats Squid
Nicely built track, very enjoyable but too short to amke the trip from south of the harbour worthwhile.
I think you could do a lap in around 10 min if you pushed it. Hope ully the next stage will improve the situation.
So do more than one lap with the aim of improving your lines and subsequently, time......simple really.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Yeah, don't just stop at one lap! There's a few different loop combos you can do and heaps of little features to practise on and get better at duing multiple laps. I think that's the beauty of it. If you have a longer loop that you would only ride once, by the time you go back to the the track the next time, the feature you tried to nail before isn't as fresh in your mind.

Chris.D

Squid
Had my first ride on the track.... 8am Sat, just got on the bike and down came the rain :( .
The track was great....soooo impressed with the layout and building. Short, yes...but thats cool....just do more loops :)

I only did one loop as I was soaked.....Im looking forward to doing it when dry.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Hey Guys,

Here's a little edit of me riding down there Yesterday afternoon.
Hope you like it!

http://vimeo.com/59897489
Like it.... That's the greatest edit I've seen and its on our new trail ;) so stoked to see that today... I'm going home to get my bike right now.

Mate loved the dogs, that was a visual feast and loved the angles across the gullies to the riding and chase dogs. I have been looking at the trail for ages trying to work out some unusual angles but that was just perfect. Who did your filming and on what gear? Can I tag along next time? If you can't tell I'm stoked on this!!!!

Mike95

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,

Here's a little edit of me riding down there Yesterday afternoon.
Hope you like it!

http://vimeo.com/59897489
Nice vid.

I was the bloke who had a word to you on Friday arvo after narrowly avoiding a head on with your 2 dogs
on the south side section as they came bolting up the trail the wrong way, as you called for them from the road.
You had a laugh & thought it was funny.

I would of hated to have hit them, & it was very close.
I really don't think its a great idea & your putting your dogs & other riders at risk on a trail with such heavy traffic.
The park is signposted no roaming dogs. ( dogs off leads ) 3 times i saw your dogs roaming without you close by.

It looks cool in your video, but in reality it poses an unnecessary danger.

crosser

Likes Dirt
Had my first ride on the track.... 8am Sat, just got on the bike and down came the rain :( .
The track was great....soooo impressed with the layout and building. Short, yes...but thats cool....just do more loops :)

I only did one loop as I was soaked.....Im looking forward to doing it when dry.
It's wonderful to see everyone enjoying the new trails, but it's important to remember that it isn't an all weather track (if it were it would be more boring to ride and more expensive to build!). Hornsby Council are planning to announce wet-weather trail closures via a well-known social networking website, but in borderline conditions like this past weekend it is up to us to restrain ourselves and stick to the fire roads until the track dries out. I've heard a few complaints that the wooden boardwalks can get slippery, but if that's the case then it's likely that the trail is too damp to be ridden.

The trail is holding up superbly considering the traffic, but a little self-restraint will really cut down on the amount of maintenance required.

T.3

Likes Dirt
It was a great vid but I agree unleashed dogs don't have a place on a heavily ridden council backed trail. There are numerous reasons.

This isn't anti dog, I have 2 that are treated like royalty.

Chris.D

Squid
It's wonderful to see everyone enjoying the new trails, but it's important to remember that it isn't an all weather track (if it were it would be more boring to ride and more expensive to build!). Hornsby Council are planning to announce wet-weather trail closures via a well-known social networking website, but in borderline conditions like this past weekend it is up to us to restrain ourselves and stick to the fire roads until the track dries out. I've heard a few complaints that the wooden boardwalks can get slippery, but if that's the case then it's likely that the trail is too damp to be ridden.

The trail is holding up superbly considering the traffic, but a little self-restraint will really cut down on the amount of maintenance required.
I had a feeling that somone would post a reply like this and after my loop on that Sat morning I totally understand what ur saying. Im happy to stay of the trail after rain.......after all it would be a shame to have it damaged.

Bring out the sun :)

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Just had a little rant to snorc about the shenanigans going on at OMV this arvo

The road was chaos while Knox grammar had every soccer mum wagon dropping kids off with bikes uturning wherever they wanted and even parking across the trail entrances.

Here's a copy of my rant

Just want to vent some frustration, twice now I have been down at the trails while school groups are operating there and it is utter chaos. Last Thursday it was barker and today it's knox, the problem is not on the trails though its the parents and teachers with cars everywhere while the lower carpark is completely empty. 3 cars were just parked in the road where the Firetrail gate is to unload bikes totally stopping traffic in both directions. I suggest some consultation with whoever organizes these groups to give them the heads up before the Neighbours get all antsy about it. I had a word with one of the teachers from Knox and he admitted they had not given any instruction to parents who were dropping off around 30 kids and bikes. I explained about the parking down near the crusher and he said they would hand out a note. But maybe snorc or HSC could give clearer directions for groups like this. Rant over I'm off for a ride ;)

Fair call or am I a sook?

Last edited:

willsy01

Eats Squid
Fair call or am I a sook?
Completely fair.

It's like they're programmed to park wherever they please when dropping off/picking up kids......they can't handle letting them walk 50m more than they have to but will obstruct traffic to stop in front of the gate.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dear Foxpuppet,

As you correctly state, this afternoon 23 children and 4 coaches from KGS utilised the OMV facility. This is the first time many of the boys and their parents had visited OMV and as a result there was some confusion about where was the appropriate place to park. With the appropriate advice to parents, we hope this unsatisfactory situation will be avoided the next time the KGS team visits in October(ish). We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will pass your concern on to our opposite numbers at Barker College.

Regards,

Andrew