OK what's the most stupidest thing you have done. (biking wise)

K3lvinator

Likes Bikes
Buying a road bike!

In my youth after owning a BMX all my life I decided to buy a road bike. I managed to get soo much speed up I clipped 1 parked car with my leg trying to straighten up around a corner going down a massive hill. It sucked me into the front panel off the car and flipped me over the bars to shoulder charge into a hatch back and karate kick out the back windscreen. Woke up in the middle of the road concussed with some damage to my shoulder where I hit the car but pretty much ok. :eek:

Morale of the story.... took a few weeks off then bought my first medium frame MTB :D

master@dh

Likes Dirt
went 50ft over a 30ft gap at about 60km/h and got my foot caught in the fork whilst in the air. snaped my front wheel in half.

the crazy thing was my boxxer forks were twisted before hand and after i crashed they twisted back:D

LQQK

Likes Bikes
Bought my first pair of clipless pedals on Friday after work, went riding with them on Saturday morning...:eek:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
broke three ribs in the Whistler Bike Park and got air lifted to Vancouver General Hospital causethey tought I'd punctured my pancreas:p

GiantFTW

Likes Bikes
riding along at a local track. turned too early and fell down a hole was riding for the rest of the day with a buckled front wheel almost touching the forks on both sides for the rest of the day (kinda made it worse but lbs got it running true...somehow)

Last edited:

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
tried to creek gap a full creek, landed in the creek, I was fine but my mobile and ipod was stuffed and my frame, forks and tyres were all filled with water.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
First ride on disc brakes, decided to pull a stoppie at the end of a ledge, catapulted onto path in front of laughing family.

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I drove to Forest for the weekend, normally takes 3 hours, took me nearly 6 because of thick fog.

Got up to go riding in the morning and realised I'd left my riding shoes in Melbourne. Teva sandals and Egg Beaters don't really work

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
went 50ft over a 30ft gap at about 60km/h and got my foot caught in the fork whilst in the air. snaped my front wheel in half.

the crazy thing was my boxxer forks were twisted before hand and after i crashed they twisted back:D
No im pretty sure you didnt.

LQQK

Likes Bikes
How did you go?

MDL
15 years later I still have the scars on my knees.

Though riding to work in peak hour traffic on Oxford St in Sydney on Monday was also pretty embarrassing. Trying to unclip at a set of lights and falling sideways in front of hundreds of pedestrians and drivers – their looks, laughs and pointing still haunt me! :rolleyes:

hmcleay

Likes Bikes
Built a small wooden jump ramp when I was younger.
ramp was about 600mm long and 200mm high.
I wanted to see how far I could jump, so I positioned the ramp on the street, 90deg to the gutter, about 1m from the kerb (I wanted to see if I could clear that 1m gap).
took a run up from the road, turned in towards the house, cleared the gap (woohoo!) landed perfectly, then realized that I had about 2m to stop before hitting the fence.
Slammed into the fence front wheel first, big endo, nearly impaled myself on the steel pickets of the fence.

Hurt ego, bent frame.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I was riding across a fallen log over a creek. Little did I know that I had slightly unclipped so when I pedalled I actually clipped back in, lost my balance and fell six feet into the drink. It was damn horrible and the mud was a foot deep. My instincts told me that I needed to get home and get clean NOW because at the top of the hill that feeds the creek was a rotting cow carcass..........God knows what I should've caught that day. Strangely enough, the climb out of thast valley to my car was so much easier being drenched and cool.
I spewed later.......

Deviant_Devil

Likes Dirt
Was fixing my bike when i decided to run my fingers over the disc as the wheel was spinning. I wasn't paying attention and lost track of where the finger was headed and it got caught in the caliper.

tc2233

Likes Dirt
When i got my first mtb bike with disk brakes i thought that the disks rust like the chain does so i put chain lube on the disks. Luckily i didnt hurt myself after testing what the brakes felt like and running into the garage door.

Tallman

Likes Dirt

...so you went 80ft? That's a pretty hardcore effort, pics or it didn't happen...because I'm pretty sure you didn't do that.