OK what's the most stupidest thing you have done. (biking wise)

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he is quick and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did that.
I dont doubt that he stacked but the details seem a tad exaggerated, if he did what he said at the speed he said i think his injuries would be much worse.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Dumbest thing??? Sooo many.

One that comes to mind at the moment...

Installed new forks to old bike and changed stem, went for test ride all feeling good, decided to do new (for me) jump off 4 foot rock. Third go bars spun as I landed, flipped over bars landed face first...bike still moving...think to self not bad, pain OK...looked up...bike still moving...last thing I saw was the pedal as it hit me in the forehead...looked up at mate I was riding with and asked if I was bleeding?

Take your pick on the dumbest part of that story...

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dumbest thing??? Sooo many.

One that comes to mind at the moment...

Installed new forks to old bike and changed stem, went for test ride all feeling good, decided to do new (for me) jump off 4 foot rock. Third go bars spun as I landed, flipped over bars landed face first...bike still moving...think to self not bad, pain OK...looked up...bike still moving...last thing I saw was the pedal as it hit me in the forehead...looked up at mate I was riding with and asked if I was bleeding?

Take your pick on the dumbest part of that story...
haha, that was pretty entertaining to read. :D

josh85

Squid
No brakes, no gears, no tires or tubes, a stick jammed through the bottom bracket instead of cranks on a huffy hardtail down a road hill 1km long with boardies and thongs. Was pretty stupid... Didn't crash though.

zanus

Likes Dirt
OH yes, thinking the tiger snake was a stick was not that bright either.
Stepping on a piece of rubber that had red on the bottom. Wasn't rubber, just a red-bellied black snake. I get the heebies looking at rubber on tracks. Oh, and keira with Nevegals. Broken arm

pwaydrive-fan

Likes Dirt
No brakes, no gears, no tires or tubes, a stick jammed through the bottom bracket instead of cranks on a huffy hardtail down a road hill 1km long with boardies and thongs. Was pretty stupid... Didn't crash though.

wow, thats amazing that you didnt crash, where you going very fast?

jp funk

Likes Dirt
trying to turn going 40 km/h and realizing ive got my shorts caught on my shifter lever and not being able to turn so falling right onto my elbow and creating quite a big hole!

Jake K

Likes Dirt
Oh wow thats amazing...

Gabecadzow

Likes Dirt
chain issues.

over tightening the chain on my 4x bike, and then cranking it out of the gate, and as i hit off the first jump my chain sapped, Over the bars, into the kicker of a big step up.

Gabecadzow

Likes Dirt
oh and

Attempting to jump stuff before i was ready for it, say, a 20 ft dirt jump, while all by my self, a few years ago, before i got a bit of :eek::eek::cool:.

Lorday

Eats Squid
I call bullshit.

fergo

Likes Dirt
When dirt crit racing at westgate after work, started to get the bike out the back of the car. Put the rear wheel on, phone rang and then got changed from work clothes into riding gear, helmet on, gloves, camelbak, closed the boot and locked the car.

THEN i noticed no front wheel. It was still at home in the driveway where I left it when loading the car at 8am :(

Looked around to see if anyone noiced and quickly disappeared home :eek:

Jazz

Likes Bikes
probably disguising myself as sam hill and let him get all the glory
that was pretty stupid.
Yeah thats like when I raced for Peaty at Stromlo coz he ate a bad kebab on the Saturday night. I should really try and get my rainbow jersey off him :p

:rolleyes:

My stupidiest moment was fitting a pedal with a ring spanner, didn't realise til I had it all tight that I couldn't get the spanner off.

Moral of the story, never fit new parts drunk!

Phaz

Squid
rode home from work. on the same day as my xmas breakup, was totally trashed.
dont remember the ride home, but both me and the bike made it in one piece

BT146

Likes Bikes
1. Rushing to swap tyres between my two bikes. One on workstand, one upside down on the ground. Yup, all four friggin' tyres in the wrong direction.

2. Not looking up, then realising there's a sharp left turn at the bottom of a slippery concreted slope. Going fast, tipping your bike into a turn and hitting the brakes hard on a slippery concrete slope is not a good combination. It's amazing the amount of undergrowth you can clear with your left shoulder. Being clipped in helps I guess.