Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

BorisBC

Likes Bikes
lived there my whole life, moved to Newcastle 6 months ago and wondered why the fuck didn't I leave 20 years ago!
shit place full of shit people doing shit things!....oh, did I mention it was -7.6°C last Tuesday morning..Thats shit!
The missus is desperate to move up there from Canberra - and yeah this cold is shit to commute in. But it beats sitting on a bus! Nothing annoys the crap out of me more than wasting time on a sweaty, smelly crowded, slow as shit bus.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Pricks that drive up behind me and flash their lights and tailgate, when I am already exceeding the speed limit and passing those in the left. :plane:

Love slowing down, people raging makes me happy.
How about the knob jockeys who come tear arsing up behind you, 'get outta my way!' stylee, then you move across to let them past, they go 2/3rds a car length past you and then ease back to your speed so you can't get back over to the right and get around the other fucking gerry who you're now stuck behind in the left lane doing 20 below.
FUCKING PASS ME AND FUCK OFF!!!

stirk

Burner
How about the knob jockeys who come tear arsing up behind you, 'get outta my way!' stylee, then you move across to let them past, they go 2/3rds a car length past you and then ease back to your speed so you can't get back over to the right and get around the other fucking gerry who you're now stuck behind in the left lane doing 20 below.
Sorry mate.... :behindsofa:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
That said, I live in Canberra. It's run by sociopaths, and populated by grey people in grey suits who hate their fucking job and hate their stupid, arrogant bosses more but refuse to quit because they need to pay off that mortgage and they'll miss out on $35 a week in retirement... so they idle away the years being passively aggressively angry.

:/
That about sums it up nicely :)

Although some of us though don't mind the job - just hate the town with a deep and abiding passion borne from frustration at the utter stupidity of the whole pointless ugly isolated miserable dump stuck in the middle of nowhere, and constantly offended at the aesthetic horror of the "architecture" and constant little man syndrome of the media getting excited when someone out in the real said something nice about canberra...

barron

Likes Dirt
That about sums it up nicely :)

Although some of us though don't mind the job - just hate the town with a deep and abiding passion borne from frustration at the utter stupidity of the whole pointless ugly isolated miserable dump stuck in the middle of nowhere, and constantly offended at the aesthetic horror of the "architecture" and constant little man syndrome of the media getting excited when someone out in the real said something nice about canberra...
Must be the communist in me but I always liked the plainness of the shit hole, I think its the lack of signage and advertising. Can't stand advertising, that's what I find ugly pointless and obscene!!

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's with all these people that seem to need to take breaks all the time...in the middle of the flippin trail! Yes yes it was a big hill you jsut rode up...or down... no problem that you want to stap, have a breather, chat to your mates about it, but the middle of the trail is not the spot to do it.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Dickheads walking their bike up a rock garden on the main line while you're trying to scream down through it. Walk around you lazy fuckstick, I wasn't intending on cuddling rocks today but thanks to you captain cock I went OTB.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's with the Canberra hate dudes???? Lived there for 28 years, Mum and Dad are still there so I'm down frequently. Yes it lacks surf and it's 2 hours to the snow but the trails are bloody good, way better than what I have here locally in Cronulla. It also beats the living shit out of planning a multiple day trip to go the 20km from Cronulla to Manly to see a friend. Agree'd it's full of public servant fuckwits and politicians but don't forget you all voted those fucking idiots in!!!! Yes it gets cold and you get snotsicles and your tears freeze up on your cheeks when commuting. BUT you have ridiculously good roads and cycle networks there to be able to ride a shitload safer than here in Sydney. All that said I'm in no rush to move back but ease up a bit. Hate the players not the place!

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Abso-fucking-lutely!

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Redbruce, Willsy(01), Pharmaboy, Mitchy and several others like them. I feel like they lurk this forum just looking for any potential inconsistencies of argument, slightly provocative opinions and subject matter not consistent with mainstream ideology/ethics/morals/concepts. Their agenda is apparently not about interesting discussion/debate/MTB related goodness, but more an attempt to make themselves feel more intelligent and come across as some kind of pumped up cyber 'alpha males' by putting down others. Why the fuck post in a thread not to 'contribute', but to slag someone else off? Classy. I'm not saying this is the primary reason for the motivations of the above (there is plenty of good stuff as well), but it certainly has been an emerging pattern over the last few years. Glass half fucking empty to you too Redbruce, you grumpy old fuck.

This is a public internet forum. People can post whatever they like, however controversial, silly or retarded it might sound - but that is their right and their voice. To try and jump on some conservative bandwagon ostensibly under the loose (and lame) guise of 'popular (consensus rules or what 'might' be seen as politically/socially correct) opinion' and shoot them down isn't that much fun for anyone. Someone thinks sharks should be culled: rip the shit out of them and make them feel like a dick - nice one RB.

Also, if it's not a thorough e-bashing from these 'PC intelligencia', any attempt at serious discussion about anything important or meaningful rapidly turns into the equivalent of dick and fart jokes by the likes of Moorey et al. The desire to 'share' is rapidly diminished.

Epic fail. Perhaps a microcosm of the fucked up society we live in; MTBs don't make it any better. The really twisted thing about this is that if I met any of the offenders above (and I most likely have), they would probably be really nice and we would get on well. WTF?? What is it about anonymity and they keyboard that makes people so unpleasant/reactionary? Say it to my face bitch.

For an excellent illustration of what I am talking about, please pay close attention to any posts relating to this one, especially by those named above.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Redbruce, Willsy(01), Pharmaboy, Mitchy and several others like them. I feel like they lurk this forum just looking for any potential inconsistencies of argument, slightly provocative opinions and subject matter not consistent with mainstream ideology/ethics/morals/concepts. Their agenda is apparently not about interesting discussion/debate/MTB related goodness, but more an attempt to make themselves feel more intelligent and come across as some kind of pumped up cyber 'alpha males' by putting down others. Why the fuck post in a thread not to 'contribute', but to slag someone else off? Classy. I'm not saying this is the primary reason for the motivations of the above (there is plenty of good stuff as well), but it certainly has been an emerging pattern over the last few years. Glass half fucking empty to you too Redbruce, you grumpy old fuck.

This is a public internet forum. People can post whatever they like, however controversial, silly or retarded it might sound - but that is their right and their voice. To try and jump on some conservative bandwagon ostensibly under the loose (and lame) guise of 'popular (consensus rules or what 'might' be seen as politically/socially correct) opinion' and shoot them down isn't that much fun for anyone. Someone thinks sharks should be culled: rip the shit out of them and make them feel like a dick - nice one RB.

Also, if it's not a thorough e-bashing from these 'PC intelligencia', any attempt at serious discussion about anything important or meaningful rapidly turns into the equivalent of dick and fart jokes by the likes of Moorey et al. The desire to 'share' is rapidly diminished.

Epic fail. Perhaps a microcosm of the fucked up society we live in; MTBs don't make it any better. The really twisted thing about this is that if I met any of the offenders above (and I most likely have), they would probably be really nice and we would get on well. WTF?? What is it about anonymity and they keyboard that makes people so unpleasant/reactionary? Say it to my face bitch.

For an excellent illustration of what I am talking about, please pay close attention to any posts relating to this one, especially by those named above.
This is all to true. This place has really lost the cred' it used to carry for technical, interesting or inspiring info.

bennyp1

Likes Dirt
This is all to true. This place has really lost the cred' it used to carry for technical, interesting or inspiring info.
Forums are dying. I wish I knew where everyone has gone. I have found on a few forums I frequent that ot has become the most popular place, it seems to indicate that you have groups of people who like to hang together and talk shit. I don't have any drama with this, however when people start baggin on others with a different view point particularly in technical sections, it is an issue because if people can't ask the newb questions without being told they are an idiot or to search, why would they bother learning anything.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Forums are dying. I wish I knew where everyone has gone. I have found on a few forums I frequent that ot has become the most popular place, it seems to indicate that you have groups of people who like to hang together and talk shit. I don't have any drama with this, however when people start baggin on others with a different view point particularly in technical sections, it is an issue because if people can't ask the newb questions without being told they are an idiot or to search, why would they bother learning anything.
So we should start an ebike subforum?

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hipsters!!!! Fuck I hate em. Bearded wankers that ride un-muffled "cafe racers" that are louder than a 747 on take off that order things like Quinoa, cous cous and aubergine salad with ethically sourced eggs and ask things like "is this tofu free range"? These idiots are the reason we have to have this along the bottom of our menu's: -

Menu.jpg

WTF is a Lacto ovo vegetarian anyway!!!!!