AM On a big ass patrol

skinnybeans

Likes Dirt
Great looking bike.

Low BB / long travel can really catch you out.

Still getting used to that on my Stumpy. A track rock and root whacker...
Thanks! I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

I've improved at avoiding shit with my pedals but still struggle getting up and over things on climbs. I've got this habit of leaving my rear pedal a bit low and now find it catches at inopportune moments...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dunndog

Eats Squid
Looks sweet mate, love the colour scheme! You will most def get used to the way a low long slack bike performs on xc type trails like wombat. I have a Carbon Patrol and I do loops out there to get a few k's in and soak up some bush goodness. While it's no xc bike, it fly's around there pretty well i reckon - every bit as well as my Norco Sight did which is a fair bit less aggressive that the patrol. Still, it isn't in it's prime territory there, I also ride youies a lot and that's getting a bit better. You will cream when you take it somewhere with steeper/more techy runs. They are amazing bikes. I've been on mine for about 6 months and as cliche'd as it is, it still blows me away and inspires confidence almost every ride.
FWIW, I have 20mm stack height which serves me well, and low rise 850mm bars. Just put a 60mm stem on as a trial from the 40mm I've had on it since I built it, and wow it actually feels awesome! Thought it would be too long but have done plenty of climbing and ridden some of the steepest downs around on it and can't fault it yet, surprising. I'm just under 6ft and large frame..

skinnybeans

Likes Dirt
Looks sweet mate, love the colour scheme! You will most def get used to the way a low long slack bike performs on xc type trails like wombat. I have a Carbon Patrol and I do loops out there to get a few k's in and soak up some bush goodness. While it's no xc bike, it fly's around there pretty well i reckon - every bit as well as my Norco Sight did which is a fair bit less aggressive that the patrol. Still, it isn't in it's prime territory there, I also ride youies a lot and that's getting a bit better. You will cream when you take it somewhere with steeper/more techy runs. They are amazing bikes. I've been on mine for about 6 months and as cliche'd as it is, it still blows me away and inspires confidence almost every ride.
FWIW, I have 20mm stack height which serves me well, and low rise 850mm bars. Just put a 60mm stem on as a trial from the 40mm I've had on it since I built it, and wow it actually feels awesome! Thought it would be too long but have done plenty of climbing and ridden some of the steepest downs around on it and can't fault it yet, surprising. I'm just under 6ft and large frame..
I could tell from the runs at maldon just how much it could take, and certainly felt completely different on that kind of terrain like it wakes up from having a long sleep and just wants to get down to business.

There was another dude there on a 2017 alloy patrol and he loves it too. He was also a much better rider than me! He commented on the how good the rear suspension was, you'd feel a hit on the forks and then it just disappears under the rear. I think that describes it pretty well. You just need to worry about where your putting the front because the back will just quietly eat what you serve it.

The fox 36s felt good too don't get me wrong. I was impressed, not sure why there are so many people that complain about them feeling harsh. I almost didn't buy them due to the negative online comments but glad I did in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk