One for the Graf/Stencil/street artists.... Apparently we're up to post #623 now

'Ross

Eats Squid
Never owned a blackbook or any sketchbook ever, just use loose scraps of paper. Usually throw them out as well after painting.

I only sketch to get an idea of sizes and shapes and things, once I have a vague idea I put it on the wall then improvise from there...I never draw detailed burner sketches like a lot of people:(

'Ross

Eats Squid
Well actually I think these 'unfinished business' shots will be pretty good insight...whenever I run out of paint or have to leave early or whatever I take a progress pic to remind me what paint I need to bring to finish it off, the before and after pics are pretty good I reckon....

This one looks like its shaping up to be a 3d render piece

after:

You can see just how bad the colours were on this one:(

after:

This one actually looks really good unfinished, should try something similar soon...

'Ross

Eats Squid
I really like these before and after shots, here is 2 more....

All export fill, if the cans weren't clogging so much I would have had lots of fun with this part:

after:

And this is how I sketch up my 3d, thought this one came out pretty accurate:

after:

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Hey, does anybody have a fresh male nozzle to suit a Clash can they could mail me? Mine clogged and wont clear, and the place I got it moved, now I can't finish off my fixie. I'd love you forever!

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really like these before and after shots, here is 2 more....

All export fill, if the cans weren't clogging so much I would have had lots of fun with this part:

after:

And this is how I sketch up my 3d, thought this one came out pretty accurate:

after:
love ya work ross. when i finally get a place id love a really poppy graff on one of the walls. would you be up for some indoor work if paid/beer&paint supplied????

Funky Frypan

Likes Dirt
That proddie looooks so mad ross!!! By the way have you seen teh Jisoe aprreciation society? Not to bad, very nice interview on theren too.

Yeh I love metro so far, have delayed every train by at least 10 minutes all eweek (well my morning train). Due to supposed track problems at Southern Cross.

At least they are going out all costs to get the trains running on time. Letting most things run, which certainly makes up for when my train is running late.

'Ross

Eats Squid
By the way have you seen teh Jisoe aprreciation society? Not to bad, very nice interview on theren too.
Pfft more evidence of why I will never join that facebook garbage, bunch of losers creating all kinds of ridiculous groups based on things they have no idea about....the crateman one (created by some idiot) has like 6,000 friends now, he still posts updates and all kinds of rubbish to keep it going even though there has been no crate man action for like 6 months:rolleyes:

The interview was funny though, he loves the WEST haha 'stay out of my yards'

If you live near the abando go have a look if its finished, I don't think so but I have a guy with pro camera gear who is going to take some good shots and stitch it all together.

Shirtz I would happily paint your house or whatever, also got some friends who can do really good characters and all that sort of thing.

Funky Frypan

Likes Dirt
The interview made the whole thing worth it:rolleyes:

'no shit'

Yeah I'll try and check out thee abando some time soon. Show us the pro finish flicks when you get them!!

Jarrod592

Likes Dirt
if i wanted to start out graffiti how would i do that? is there books to buy which i can learn from ? i can already do lots of graffiti but nothing compared to yours ? any help ????

'Ross

Eats Squid
There is no shortcuts, no hot tips, no trade secrets or special formulas and no fastracks to improvement. The only way is to put in work and practice, and you will progress over time.

The best advice is to sketch as much as possible, and when you do paint choose a good spot, don't cap what you can't burn and don't step on anyones toes....and don't start beef with people. If you follow that advice you won't get into trouble.

Painted a bit of a joinup thing today with Miles and Pave, wasn't the best of colour choices with the fills (chrome export:p) but the thing came out pretty nice in the end even though the camera doesn't pick up half of the colours...me and Miles have a few ideas for mini productions in the future as well...

EDIT: Dan did you try to call me today? Or did you phone accidentally call me? I answered but all I could here was some other conversation the phone was probably in your pocket haha

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
I may have I'll check my phone a bit later. I didn't knowingly call you thats for sure.

'Ross

Eats Squid
Those ones took all day, always takes longer when you are with people and talking crap all day as well. Nah not chucking up any crews but developing a decent network of people to write with.

Finished this thing off today, started last week but ran out of paint...turns out CRUNCH have gone out of business! So I couldn't get any more to finish properly, but had a couple of scraps and sort of made it happen. I chucked the character on today while painting with Fate. The colours are wack, and it was incredibly windy so the whole thing is especially messy, but to be honest I think the whole thing came out ok...

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
'Ross, that is fucking rad! By far my favourite so far! That fate looks pimp too!!

And FUCKING LOL about crunch. Bunch of tossers trying to outfox the rest of the industry and failing miserably. Hehehe.:)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
YEah man, sweeters!!

Mate hit me up on the PMs with when you'll be available to go paint anywhere between Dec 27 - Jan18.