One for the Graf/Stencil/street artists.... Apparently we're up to post #623 now

Rik

logged out
I just bought some blank girly midriff tops so I could do "I <3 your boyfriend" or something nasty like that ;)
But yeah, taking the piss out of trends is fun and too easy to do, will see what comes to mind. My friend came up with one "my space is better than your space". Gah!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
West Bank residents take brush to murals

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/we...brush-to-murals/2007/12/21/1198175342110.html

BETHLEHEM: Offended West Bank residents have painted over a satirical mural by the graffiti artist Banksy that was meant to highlight their plight.

The elusive British street artist painted six images around the town revered as the birthplace of Jesus to help drum up pre-Christmas tourism and to illustrate the hardships Palestinians face in the occupied West Bank.

But the irony behind a painting of an Israeli soldier checking a donkey's identity papers - a jab at Israel's strict security - was lost on some locals, who found it offensive and painted over it.

"We're humans here, not donkeys. This is insulting. I'm glad it was painted over," said Nasri Canavati, a restaurant owner.

FFS, do they even know that there are other religions than their own? The Middle East obviously has uneducated rednecks too.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(rest of the article can be found thought the link)

'Ross

Eats Squid
Ok I realise this is a bit of a gravedig, but I didn't know where else to post this.

Some Melbournians may recall a lego crate man near fed square, as well as some in the Eastern suburbs. They were all removed so I could never get pics:( Now guess what??? There is one in Newport!!! Its on the abandoned mill, I saw it yesterday from the train, I am struggling to comprehend how someone would do this. Heres pics...

So finally I have something cool to look at from the train:) And yes I was an extreme rebel and climbed up to take a look, the closer you get to it, the more difficult it seems. You have to climb like 4 ladders to get onto the brown roof, then the big silver box thing is on another roof that I couldn't even get to! And I counted...its 20+ milkcrates! Props to whoever did this, carrying 21 milkcrates up 4 ladders then onto a slippery roof then onto some weird silver box thingo would not be easy:eek:

Post up some more stuff like this, I like it better than conventional graffiti, and I think it kinda fits under the same category?

J

JaRedy

Dumb question: are all these pictures of grafitti taken by us(farkiners)?

lebronmtb

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im still curious whether or not they built it as one giant piece or what, it doesn't seem like it can be assembled anywhere up there

Schism

Likes Bikes
Ok I realise this is a bit of a gravedig, but I didn't know where else to post this.

Some Melbournians may recall a lego crate man near fed square, as well as some in the Eastern suburbs. They were all removed so I could never get pics:( Now guess what??? There is one in Newport!!! Its on the abandoned mill, I saw it yesterday from the train, I am struggling to comprehend how someone would do this.
I have to admit that is pretty damn cool...something standing out from the overdone tags and whatnot. I dont mind the graf but billions of little tags everywhere does look a bit shit. Love the original thinking of the milkcrate lego man. I would also like to see how the hell they got it up there!

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I still have to finish off my Brasil series and start on my China set yet!
This might become the longest thread in farkin history!
But seriously, I can't wait to see some more of the pictures you're posting up Johnny.

'Ross

Eats Squid
Went past milk crate man on the way to work, he has toppled over due to the big southerly wind today:mad: I got all excited with the prospect of seeing him everyday and hes already wrecked! Who votes I go up and risk my life to save him? Im seriously contemplating it:p

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went past milk crate man on the way to work, he has toppled over due to the big southerly wind today:mad: I got all excited with the prospect of seeing him everyday and hes already wrecked! Who votes I go up and risk my life to save him? Im seriously contemplating it:p
aww poor milkcrate man. I say its your job from now on to look after him

browny_5

Likes Dirt
brazil

i was reading a grafitti brazil book last year in art and there was some really good ones in there all diferent sorts there were two styles that i liked my favourite one was called "nunca" its of big tribal faces, And one that i cant remember the name of but its sort of like a water pattern along the ground and into sewers and out of drains and things really cool i reckon.
i would love to learn to do it but i dont think im artistic enough ive had a couple of attempts on canvas just with a brush it didnt turn out to bad.

joe

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Heh, looks good Johnny =)
As already said try to get better paint. Ironlak is good and cheap.

I was into the hole Graf and Sketching for about a year-year and a half. I still stencil every now and then. Never did any Illegal though =) I figured dad would kill me if i was caught and I thought, how would I like it if someone came along and repainted my bike for me in all these nasty colours?

Anyway, yeah the pics look good, I cant tell if you were using caps etc. in those but if not you should look at them too. Theres even caps that draw stars for you =) Or you could just do it the ghetto way with a Pink Dot etc =)