One for the Graf/Stencil/street artists.... Apparently we're up to post #623 now

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Getting the working week of to a good start.

Had to leave before I was done so there are a few touches that I need to fix in the 3D, the bottom of the letters and some shadow, but it's pretty much there. Won't be painting cracks, don't want to crowd it.

Fashn wing by jiangtaixi, on Flickr

IMG_7888 by jiangtaixi, on Flickr

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
went back and touched up a few spots that were bugging me and now the negative space on the inside loop of the S is bugging me.

Gave some Xmas ups to my god kids as well, they'll love it.

IMG_7944 by jiangtaixi, on Flickr

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Figured that I'd get some words on the wall for the new year, been a while since I've been out.

Couldn't get the O to my liking. Re-did it 3 times and ended up just having to accept it. The bottom of the letter not being rounded stops it from gelling with the other two letters. Fuck it, whatever the piece will get smashed by next weekend anyway as a bunch of local lads that treat this shit like gang warfare want to act like they own all the walls in this spot. Had a bunch of them drive past and yell threats from a passing car as I was painting...., by myself, lol. So I expect it to be trashed tonight.

And in case the reference is lost on anyone:

Chairman Mao Zedong (Mao Tse Tung) bought the Chinese Communist Party in to power in 1949. I dig on Chinese history and I was sick of writing fashn all the time so I got a new word.

IMG_8135 by jiangtaixi, on Flickr

I just winged it on the character, looks like a cross between Chairman Mao and the Chinese version of Buddha!

IMG_8188 by jiangtaixi, on Flickr

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The more I look at it the more I hate the N and the S. However the S is distorted as to the way the book is sitting. No excuses for the N though.

-CALLUM-

Likes Bikes
Hey Guys, I'm heading down to Melbourne in the up coming holidays and was curious to a few good spots to explore and take photos of. I heard there were allies covered in paint and also a few good abandoned buildings around the place, any directions would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
A couple pics I took in Florence, Italy. All his art work done with spray cans and all were for sale. I wish I had bought one but had no way of storing it safely while I was travelling.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Caught sight of a cheeky Shame throwie on Melbourne Rd over the weekend, dating back 4 years. Still looks good, I'm actually surprised to see it is in such good shape!

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A couple pics I took in Florence, Italy. All his art work done with spray cans and all were for sale. I wish I had bought one but had no way of storing it safely while I was travelling.
There is a guy in The Rocks (Sydney) who does essentially the exact same thing. Just go to the markets and look around, you should find him. Should make a day of it. No doubt there are a few people out there who do the same thing. It's almost like a busking skill more than an art form. Skilled individual all the same and amazing to watch.

doosh

Likes Bikes
This thread doesn't seem to be too active, BUT, I'll ask anyway:

We'll be building a house soon (goodbye rent, thank god), and able to paint and decorate the place as we want. I wanted to see if any of the street artists in here would be hypothetically interested in putting up some kind of epic, blazing mural on one inside wall of my future garage?

It'll be a wall 6 metres across by around 2.5m high. The only thing I'm after are some bright colours, no other requirements. I know some of you guys will spend up on cans, prepare a design and put it up on a legal wall only to have it covered up shortly afterwards - how about the opportunity to create some permanent art in my garage?

It's (obviously) under cover, and I'd put on a feed and a few beers, and would like to discuss other payment (materials, travel, other stuff). There are some seriously talented guys around, and I thought it'd be better to ask on here than hang around railway lines and invite a pack of random guys into our house.

Thoughts?