One for the Graf/Stencil/street artists.... Apparently we're up to post #623 now

browny_5

Likes Dirt
brazilian graffiti would have to be my favourite i read a book on it while i was at school and the art work just amazed me if anyone knows of the book or where to buy the book its called "brazilian grafitti" i would love to try to buy it.

thanks joe

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shirt:

colours are totally borked due to phonecam.

I used "simply spray" which is horrible... if the stuff worked like it's meant to it would've come out better, but it was an experiment of sorts and proved what I wanted to know.
The smiley was done in a fluoro paint that glowed stupidly bright under the UV lights at the party, was pretty effective given the circumstances :cool:

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Different size caps.
The smaller it is, it usually glogs easier.
EDIT: Beware this is my first piece ever, yes I used that shit fiddly bits/export paint, cause I didn't have enough money to go to the city and buy Ironlaks lol. P.S This was about 3 months ago and I am alot better now.

Fresh city in Haymarket sells crunch for $4 a tin. buy a box and get $5 worth of free nozzles ... Go get some of that.

`Ross, those flics are mad! loving that shadow effect that dude gets... Johnny, is all South American graff that awesome?

'Ross

Eats Squid
Fresh city in Haymarket sells crunch for $4 a tin. buy a box and get $5 worth of free nozzles ... Go get some of that.
Far out! They sell it here for $8 a tin, same price as ironlak so I never buy it. But a couple of guys I know (Spotem&Marine CKA TSF) are sponsored by crunch and get free paint to do certain walls...pretty sweet arrangement.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Far out! They sell it here for $8 a tin, same price as ironlak so I never buy it. But a couple of guys I know (Spotem&Marine CKA TSF) are sponsored by crunch and get free paint to do certain walls...pretty sweet arrangement.
Yeah the store is owned by westline art and music who make crunch so they can sell for uber cheapness! But i've heard from a few other shops that they are undercutting everyone in a big big way by selling at their store cheaper than other stores buy it from them... lame but what can ya do?

'Ross

Eats Squid
Yeah the store is owned by westline art and music who make crunch so they can sell for uber cheapness! But i've heard from a few other shops that they are undercutting everyone in a big big way by selling at their store cheaper than other stores buy it from them... lame but what can ya do?
I think in some areas Ironlak is trying to force them out of the market by doing a few dodgy things. At my local shop, they are always stocked up on the full range of Ironlak, but only stock about 5 Crunch colours, always have hardly any Montana Golds and Blacks...they only really stock up on Ironlak and Belton, even though Montana Blacks are extremely popular.

Also in some art shop chains, the only paint they will stock is Ironlak, they must have got some ridiculous contract signed, because shops that used to sell Belton as well now only sell Ironlak. Also if you have seen how much money they are spending in the US sponsoring MSK/7th letter artists:eek:

At least some good productions are coming out of it:
http://www.knowngallery.com/blog/post/pose-ewok-video-supervision-x-ironlak

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fucking WOW at that link! :eek:

EDIT: Ross, do you know anything about what crunch do in the way of sponsorship? I know about phews and a couple other writes who are sponnoed but it seems like ironlak do most of it...

Last edited:

'Ross

Eats Squid
Fucking WOW at that link! :eek:

EDIT: Ross, do you know anything about what crunch do in the way of sponsorship? I know about phews and a couple other writes who are sponnoed but it seems like ironlak do most of it...
Well as for the 'writer team' I believe the guy (westline art) just sort of handpicked a few of his mates from back in the day...thats why spot and runs are the only melburn guys. But if you organise a legal wall or a comission wall, send a pic to him of some of your previous work and he will consider supplying free paint and it acts as an advertisement for the company.
Thats what is going on with the CKA production just near my house, they have permission for the wall, crunch provided the paint for spot, marine, duke etc (its not finished yet) theres some details on crunch myspace about how to apply for sponsorship. So its at a bit of a grass roots level, good way for up and coming writers to progress if they are good enough.

Ironlak is a bit more of a professional outfit, sponsoring top writers from all over the world and paying them large sums of money, not just providing paint. I don't think anybody would switch from getting free MTN, Alien, Montana golds etc and then just switch to ironlak and shouting up ironlak every time they do a piece for free?

Oh well, its good to see top writers being rewarded for their efforts at least, and that when these sorts of things happen, they can produce an amazing quality of work.

Now heres some of my favourite south american art, os gemeos from brazil:

Last edited:

'Ross

Eats Squid
If anyone on this forum was behind/knows about this....PM me! Apparently its in canberra, Im going to be moving to canberra soon and will need a posse to help continue the legacy...looks like theres already a bit of potential there;)

my_bike

Likes Dirt
If anyone on this forum was behind/knows about this....PM me! Apparently its in canberra, Im going to be moving to canberra soon and will need a posse to help continue the legacy...looks like theres already a bit of potential there;)
Before you leave to Canberra we must make a crate man at the place Ross'.

'Ross

Eats Squid
^^^Still time, I plan to go out on a MASSIVE bang though...and still a couple of months before I go but.

'Ross

Eats Squid
Ok so an old favourite, in fact probably my personal favourite up until the fishing one...'The cowboy' was totally destroyed a while ago. We rebuilt it....and a few weeks later it got destroyed again.

So we decided to move it to another nearby location and show the cowboy as the natural playboy he is:cool: The pics don't really do it justice, but it is absolutely hilarious when you see it in real life. We even went to the extreme precaution of wrapping the entrance point in barbed wire hahaha, unlikely that it will deter anyone:eek:

Yowie

Likes Dirt
You should move to Cairns, a milk crate art gallery is opening up just around the corner from my shop. Pretty sure its called the crate gallery but the sign isn't finished. It has a cafe which is open now and the whole place is made out of old milk crates and pallets, looks pretty cool and already seems to have a bit of a following going on.

'Ross

Eats Squid
haha^^ Quite a lot of cafes/bars down here use milk crates and random stuff to form outdoor furniture and seats and stuff like that. I assume originally someone did it to save money, now it has become a bit of a trendy thing:eek:

The fact is they are a very useful thing, I use them as a seat outside, put my bike parts in them and they are good for storage, They also stack up nicely, could make a pretty crazy staircase I guess? Oh...that and the fact that they are 'free' so to speak;)

FlyingOff

Likes Bikes

-snip-
Yep thats in Canberra alright, I believe it was put up a bit before the Multicultural Food Festival. Although I didn't notice it, so it probably has been taken down :(