Online Stores List and Info

Calvin27

Eats Squid
The geoblock might kill the SRAM vibe around here but at least they have spare parts in Australia. Shimano are useless on that front.
News to me. It was only 3 months ago me and a mate were struggling to find a pair (for one caliper) of sram brake pads and they wanted $60 and 3 weeks for them. Yikes!

Not sure what shimano stuff you have had trouble getting, but 1.2 weeks online is better thn going through any aussie distributor. And that goes for anything.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree that online is much sharper service.
Until distributors and LBS can fix the wait times, everyone will shop online.

The reason there’s wait times locally - lack of inventory

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Starbike looks to be geoblocked.....
The delivery of SRAM/RockShox/Truvativ/Zipp/Avid items to Australia is unfortunately not possible.
Feel free to drop us a short mail regarding this issue.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

The distributor has to be interested in fixing it.. Until a new generation take helm of these places and not the same families in alot of cases this will never change..they can't consider it broken.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Indeed, fuck SRAM and their geo blocking.

Most of my bikes run SRAM drivetrains, a wholesale jump to shimano isn't an option for me.

My strategy going forward will be hope and or e*thirteen cassettes. Shimano 11 speed shifters and derailleurs. Willing to give box a go too. Need to work out if box pull ratios are compatible.

Time to stop bitching about the geo block and jump onto alternatives.

SRAM will see a decline in sales once it's too late hopefully, after the masses have worked out the alternatives to SRAM are valid. Their geo blocking experiment had a finite window to be effective, hopefully they hurt themselves through this and end up with a price reset after they let the competitors get a foot hold.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Unfortunately they have done a top job of convincing people that ever bigger, flimsier and heavier cassettes are a worthwhile trade off for 2x or 3x drivetrains.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

Unfortunately they have done a top job of convincing people that ever bigger, flimsier and heavier cassettes are a worthwhile trade off compare to GEARBOXES!!!
FTFY!!!
And it's bullshit, I agree!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just how can you fit thousands of faulty brake levers as OEM on high end bikes is just a big SCAM. When Guides first came out, bike shops in the US complained about the levers heating up problem, that had 100's of bikes with these brakes on the floor and they pretended like nothing was wrong.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Just how can you fit thousands of faulty brake levers as OEM on high end bikes is just a big SCAM. When Guides first came out, bike shops in the US complained about the levers heating up problem, that had 100's of bikes with these brakes on the floor and they pretended like nothing was wrong.
If only shimano made forks.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Starting to see some slow emergence of other brands but only time will tell if they become main stream or not.
Marzzccohhhiiizzkkkssggg was a sad loss, but manitou seem to be doing good. Suntour are the kia's of the fork world but struggling to shake off their low end brand image.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

Is not just wait times that are the problem. (Personally, I'll wait a week or two if the price is better)

There is an utterly outdated approach to pricing, mark-up & profits.
The distro's and LBS still think it's the 1980's and the local punter will just walk in and pay a hugely inflated price because their store exists in some kind of local vacuum where competition doesn't factor... or maybe if they give us a free sticker we'll become a customer for life.

Too many stores still carry the attitude that the customer should somehow feel 'priveledged' to buy a bike from such an 'awesome /cool /boutique' store like ours.

Wrong. Get fucked.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Too many stores still carry the attitude that the customer should somehow feel 'priveledged' to buy a bike from such an 'awesome /cool /boutique' store like ours.
That's the general attitude I'm seeing in Brisbane also but I think it's only sucking in the newb or the armchair mountain biker that likes showing off a bike they hardly ride. They forget that people can have infinite knowledge from looking on the net and the BS they go on with doesn't really work anymore.

Z

Zaf

That's the general attitude I'm seeing in Brisbane also but I think it's only sucking in the newb or the armchair mountain biker that likes showing off a bike they hardly ride. They forget that people can have infinite knowledge from looking on the net and the BS they go on with doesn't really work anymore.
Remember when they used to work for our money, not simply expect it because of the space their building occupies?

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is not just wait times that are the problem. (Personally, I'll wait a week or two if the price is better)

This does appear to be a successful business model. The shops that are growing have social media accounts posting boutique builds constantly, charge a sh!tload for labour, cool stickers on the bikes.

If you carry the top stuff, look extremely professional and provide A1 service I'm thinking the public don't care how much it costs.