Ourimbah start ramp

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
The whole issue of changing carparks was a direct result of residents not being happy - we have ridden out there 3 times this wk and each avo there are at least 10 cars parked around the no parking signs and parked along the residents fence. Even better we watched guys park beside the no parking sign, get out of their car and piss against the sign:confused:
The no parking sign points down the hill and in front of the gate and not along the fence, i would assume this is because council thinks the residents complaints are stupid but still want to humor them. Red Hill road is a public road and i currently register a truck and a car and a Motorcycle to use PUBLIC roads. If there is a no paking sign i won't park but if there is not i can park there as much as anyone else paying rego!

Also i was under the impression that Ourimbah was created for the wider MTB community and not just for CCOMTB. Although im sure all appreciate the clubs input into maintaining the area those not affiliated with the club that ride can't possibly be expected to know whats going on right?

As i mentioned the other day if it wasn't mountain bikes it would certainly be Motorbikes who also pay rego to use roads, are alot louder and cause much more environmental problems.

I will never kill my moto and roll past as i have previously done for years on my way out to the watto's, instead i may feel the need to rev it with the baffle out! Especially on those night rides.

Respect is a two way deal!

Last edited:

jumpers

Likes Dirt
The no parking sign points down the hill and in front of the gate and not along the fence, i would assume this is because council thinks the residents complaints are stupid but still want to humor them. Red Hill road is a public road and i currently register a truck and a car and a Motorcycle to use PUBLIC roads. If there is a no paking sign i won't park but if there is not i can park there as much as anyone else paying rego!

Also i was under the impression that Ourimbah was created for the wider MTB community and not just for CCOMTB. Although im sure all appreciate the clubs input into maintaining the area those not affiliated with the club that ride can't possibly be expected to know whats going on right?

As i mentioned the other day if it wasn't mountain bikes it would certainly be Motorbikes who also pay rego to use roads, are alot louder and cause much more environmental problems.

I will never kill my moto and roll past as i have previously done for years on my way out to the watto's, instead i may feel the need to rev it with the baffle out! Especially on those night rides.

Respect is a two way deal!
Yeh mate i agree but our opinions dont matter. I was on the committee this year, i suggest you talk to Wayno. But no matter how much whinging, State forests do not want anyone parking there - club members or whoever. There is about 6 signs there directing to parking UP the road. Once again i suggest talk to Wayno / Sledger - the resident concerns have outweighed our views on parking - we abide by State forests or they have threatend to take away our license and shut down the whole area to riding.
How farkn hard is it anyway to drive 100m up the road to park?

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
How farkn hard is it anyway to drive 100m up the road to park?
Yeah fair call, i should have mentioned that now i know i will park up the top, just wasn't aware before Wednesday.

Last thing i want to do is cause hastles, just gets my goat

It is actually a requirement of property owners to clear the land 5 or 6 meters each side of their fence line when it ajoins a National park or state forest as a fire barrier. I think this also means they must set their fence lines back to allow for this. From what i have been told anyway.

If any help is needed for maintenance or rebuild im in too! PM or Post and im there!

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
The Parking issue is very serious.
I understand you pay taxes, I pay them too and I agree with you about the parking issue and I have asked why do we have to move after 15 years of using that area? But we do and I will abide by that and it is only another 300 metres up the road. The biggest problem we as a club and state forest are faced with is the threat of the forest being turned into a National park all because of these residents that live there, (I don't agree with the residents and really don't think all that much of them). Now really the choice is yours if you wish to park in the 1st carpark or drive 300 metres up the road, but in the sceme of things you have to think of all MTB Users and if we as riders don't conform to the rules that are asked of us, there is a risk we will lose the area to national parks and then no-one I repeat NO-ONE will be legally allowd to use it. I know for one I do not want to see this happen. So please just make it easy for everybody involved and park at the 2nd carpark.

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Start ramp

Someone has probably already suggested this and I know this sounds like a hassle but what about erecting a small scaffold for race days - then removing it at the end of the day ?

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
I appreciate people don't like to be told what to do & the FNSW (Forestry of New South Wales) is not the boss of you.

Attached is the flyer that FNSW is getting their rangers to distribute on vehicle windscreens on weekends & school holidays.

CCOMTB dosen't wish to impose any restrictions on the MTB community so please if you can comply with the request it would be appreciated.

The restrications are inforced on the clubby meet days & other approved events through FNSW.

Just another note in 2010 downhill series we are allowed pick up at the bottom with bus & trailors with rego & carparking been situated up at the trailhead.

Attachments

huffypilot

Likes Bikes
Sounds like we need to do some lobbying. If one or two locals can influence forestry like this a group of several hundred riders from all areas of the community should have a louder voice.

If you look at the number of users and the state of the area youll see it is in great condition. Most places like this would have burnt out wrecks and rubbish all over. The guy nearest the dirt road has three gates that I know of , how much access could he use on one day a month ? He should be happy he has a group of enviromentally friendly neighbours looking out for the area.

"establish a more suitable car park and trailhead to provide improved access to mountain bike trails at Ourimbah State Forest."

Im not directing this at anyone from the club I think you guys are doing a great job but using the upper car park is no improvement. Its good were allowed to shuttle from the turning circle.

Another idea rego all horses.

Apologise for the rant but I feel like we are being bullied by a few..

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
Don't get caught up in the politices guys I have & will continue to put forward our case to FNSW we have a fun track so do the right thing by the club & use the trailhead where possible for parking pick ups at the bottom are fine.

If anyone is really passinote about the club please come on board as the Vic president & DH cordinator the positions are up for the taking & required to be filled before 2010 series comes around.

I am the only DH rider on the committee & cannot do this along so up to you guys if you want a club DH series.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Don't get caught up in the politices guys I have & will continue to put forward our case to FNSW we have a fun track so do the right thing by the club & use the trailhead where possible for parking pick ups at the bottom are fine.

If anyone is really passinote about the club please come on board as the Vic president & DH cordinator the positions are up for the taking & required to be filled before 2010 series comes around.

I am the only DH rider on the committee & cannot do this along so up to you guys if you want a club DH series.
Good luck organising . Seems funny how no one wants to help, especially considering how many people race club days. Why is it that our crew( who are all relatively new to sport) and old legends(wayno,bk,damo,grundy)are the only ones involved - no one wants to help.

Maybe if no one wants to help let club races die for year:eek: Shouldnt be just up to you,wayno and Kim all the time.

What about parents?????

Last edited:

huffypilot

Likes Bikes
Would a roster system work? Where say 5 riders get points (so they remain competitve) to run a race covering all roles - timing,registration etc. If you cant make it to a race then it is up to that person to find a replacement.
If you are rostered on you wont be allowed to registar you have to work. No dout there will be opposition to this but missing out on one race would be better than losing the series if any of the hard working usuals gets the sh#ts and packs it in.
At times there are a lot of us out due to injury , rather than sit at home and bat off we should come to the race and help out.

This is only one idea what other ideas have you got ? :confused:

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Would a roster system work? Where say 5 riders get points (so they remain competitve) to run a race covering all roles - timing,registration etc. If you cant make it to a race then it is up to that person to find a replacement.
If you are rostered on you wont be allowed to registar you have to work. No dout there will be opposition to this but missing out on one race would be better than losing the series if any of the hard working usuals gets the sh#ts and packs it in.
At times there are a lot of us out due to injury , rather than sit at home and bat off we should come to the race and help out.

This is only one idea what other ideas have you got ? :confused:
Good thinking - kim and myself have been thinkn this for a while - we will discuss with sledge on wkend.
Its time for a changing of the guard in the club - its time for all the riders to take control. Boys will be happy that guys like yourself are thinking:D
In regards to stayn hme and batting off.....no need to do this. Painey still races and batts off in the bushes over pics of wayno every race day:eek: