Pedal Stuck in Crank help or tips please?

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Go to your local engineering store, buy some penetrate, allow let it soak into thread for a good 24 hrs. Stick pedal and crank in freezer, pull out hit with heat gun or the missus hair dryer on high. The combination of the abou should be enough to break the bond between the two different metals and allow you to remove pedal with minimal ease. If this doesn't work reach for the oxy and cut it into tiny pieces!!!

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Appears this thread is going this way so,

Drinks some beer.

Get on CRC, drunkenly order new cranks and pedals.

Problem fixed.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Oh dear God. Not this again...

Some advice - Vinegar is useless, sharkbearoctopus might be able to help... If you can track him down, Horatio will get the shits with you and don't even consider an oxy torch, WD40 or a dousing with freshly boiled water from the kettle.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...d-pedals-are-stuck&highlight=god+pedals+stuck
First thought when I saw this title. we already have almost 20pages on this. Im hoping this takes off the other one was great.

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
have you tried reasoning with the pedal? A bit of foreplay always help to loosen up.
Maybe try making a sandwich instead yourself or take it to a nice restaurant with a walk on the beach after.

After this try to talk to it a little, then slowly position the shaft of the spanner and stick the head in position. With some back and forth movement and a few different positions the pedal should come free.

Oh make sure you use protection..........gloves for more grip....

Last edited:

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
This will work: Cut end of crank off (with pedal). Drill new hole in remaining piece of crank and insert new pedal. One crank will be shorter than the other....like a clown car.

JP

Likes Dirt
Oh for fucks sake, you people are such amateurs! Wrenches, seatpost assistance, boiling water. Just use "The Force" and be done with it.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Oh for fucks sake, you people are such amateurs! Wrenches, seatpost assistance, boiling water. Just use "The Force" and be done with it.

hey, we are a Force, you are just a Service......

markb84

Likes Dirt
This will work: Cut end of crank off (with pedal). Drill new hole in remaining piece of crank and insert new pedal. One crank will be shorter than the other....like a clown car.
If you take this advice remember in order to be successful you must lengthen the appropriate leg in order to even things up.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get the grinder out, cut the pedal off and drill out the remaining piece of axle then make a new insert and glue it in place.
Failing that have you offered it a toke of your reefer? Maybe it's jealous that you're not sharing....
Steroids?

Only 13 pages to go...

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cut the new pedal in half, glue one side to the top of the stuck pedal and the other side to the bottom of the stuck pedal.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Ok, try these few things:

- using less physical force and more of a psychological mental approach.
- reverse psychology
- put under a microscope to get a closer look

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
heres a thought why not just leave it alone, throw it away and cut a leg off and ride one legged

0psi

Eats Squid
Replied to subscribe... Here's hoping we get the sequel here ;)

:pop2:
You're going to be disappointed. I hear Disney is currently in negotiations to by the 'Oh god pedals are stuck' franchise so it will just end with the pedal being happily removed and everyone living happily ever after. Sad times.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're going to be disappointed. I hear Disney is currently in negotiations to by the 'Oh god pedals are stuck' franchise so it will just end with the pedal being happily removed and everyone living happily ever after. Sad times.
that is horrible.
dim times.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you're going to be disappointed. I hear disney is currently in negotiations to by the 'oh god pedals are stuck' franchise so it will just end with the pedal being happily removed and everyone living happily ever after. Sad times.
we must stop the removal of the pedal!!!!

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
So did you get it off?
Keen to know which solution worked.

Looks like a common thread.
Although these guys only managed to get 35 posts.... Amateurs.

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-820641.html

Poor old Fred seems to have been down the same route...

"I read all of the earlier Posts and hoped one would work. None did.

It's a pedal stuck in my Shimano Ultegra crank arm on the left side of the '98 Fuji Team I bought last week. And yes, I know it loosens the opposite way of the right side (which I managed to get off). It wouldn't come off attached to the bottom bracket, so I removed the crank arm. I then:

Soaked it in W-D40.....then a liquid rust remover overnight......then heating it over a gas stove in the kitchen (my wife loved seeing that).....and finally a torch, heated it to the point where I felt heat coming through the oven mitt. NOTHING!

At this point, I guess it's time to buy another crank arm. I give up! The damn thing has beaten me!!.......

fred"