Perspective 2 video - Free for download

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Olly well done man. it s absolutely ace. this movie is really well done.
Thank you for the props. I really apreciate it.

See you soon.

nicho

HBT

Cannon Fodder
Fantastic video, can't wait to see the rest. Quality camerawork and editting. Great music selections for the most part. You really did well by the riders to shoot them at what looks like dusk when there's really good light (or fake it with good post production).

As a fellow mtb filmer I would only suggest slightly longer delays between segments, some titles (or a narration track), and that's about it.

One question: This was shot on HDV I assume? If so, what cam? If you shot on DV then bravo, you did a REALLY good job controlling the light in the shots and post processing to get really good color.

Again, great job!

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
HBT: It was actually shot on DV, I use a Panasonic GS500. I did indeed shoot as much as I could in the late afternoon, and all those scenes turned out great. I couldn't afford that luxury for every scene but its always something to learn from.

So far a few people have mentioned the short scene changes, and the want of a few titles. I will definetly take that advice into consideration for the next video, thank you for the feedback.:)

HBT

Cannon Fodder
Olly: Thanks for the info. I'm really impressed. Looks really good for DV. Having now watched it a TON of times I have some more constructive feedback for ya you may appreciate.

The scene with the White Stripes song, I thought you went a bit overboard with the saturation. Also, DV compression really murders red tones and orange, so you may want to avoid (in the future) having a rider in a red top as it ends up looking like a big red mass of pixels.

The first dirt jumping scene had a bit too aggressive saturation bump too. I only noticed because the rider's face looked a bit Umpa Lumpa ya know? Hehehe.

Overall though, like I said before it's a great effort. You have a nice blend of Alex Rankin Earthed series and The Collective. Basically the exact look I shoot for too, though I'm not as stead as you are and I can't afford a boom crane for Collective style shots. Hehehehe.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just wondering, on both oxford falls parts with Tom Patton, where are those tracks in Oxford, especially the one in the end of the 2nd section of oxford where Patton does an 'E.T' (whats that) is it the gap jump? oh and where is the track 'black betty'? that track looks so well built,thumbs up to whom ever built it.

thanks

Last edited:

Muz

Grove Master
Great vid Olly. Looks so pro!

The first dirt jumping scene had a bit too aggressive saturation bump too. I only noticed because the rider's face looked a bit Umpa Lumpa ya know? Hehehe.
Hey, Don't tease! Maybe the rider likes to apply lots of fake tan!

I can't afford a boom crane for Collective style shots. Hehehehe.
Neither can Olly.... ;) You'd be amazed what some planks of timber, screws, nuts and bolts can produce! You should patent it Olly.

technoboy

Dirty Imports
woooooooooooohooooooooooooo! nice work Olly!!!
I'm stoked!!!! my trails look mint!!! bwahahahaha
get that up ya you poofs!!! you know who you are!!!
your filming never seems to disappoint!!! great work dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sweet vid olly!
i really like that saturated colours.

my claim to fame... we built the berm after the double rock roll.
i felt a moment of pride seeing her getting thrashed like that
*insert teary icon*

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
sweet vid olly!
i really like that saturated colours.

my claim to fame... we built the berm after the double rock roll.
i felt a moment of pride seeing her getting thrashed like that
*insert teary icon*
sweeeeet! I love that berm, it makes you not die:p You guys do good work. If one day Oxford ever gets "legalised, we are going to have the biggest, most insane spawnsored build day there, ever!

Thanks all for replies again! Dale and Dave, thanks again for coming out and filming, wish I could have got another better filmed seggy of rh, but at least the riding made it mad!

kidafa

Likes Dirt
sorry for such a late reply olly but awesome video..... Camera angles, sound track, editing and riding all superb! keep it up. Good to see another cane corso ripping it up too ;)

technoboy

Dirty Imports
sweeeeet! I love that berm, it makes you not die:p You guys do good work. If one day Oxford ever gets "legalised, we are going to have the biggest, most insane spawnsored build day there, ever!

Thanks all for replies again! Dale and Dave, thanks again for coming out and filming, wish I could have got another better filmed seggy of rh, but at least the riding made it mad!
no worries bro!! thanks for filming the trails!!!
looking sweet!!!!!

Balfa_Oli

Likes Bikes and Dirt
awesome vid!
is the part with patton riding at oxford?
once again you're videos are awesome really enjoyed it and even though its a big download thanks a lot for putting it here on farkin for free download!
oli

Frazzle

Likes Dirt
awesome vid!
is the part with patton riding at oxford?
once again you're videos are awesome really enjoyed it and even though its a big download thanks a lot for putting it here on farkin for free download!
oli
Cheers for the upload Squid!
Hope you all enjoy watching it as much as I did making it:)

Track List:

Travis/Black Betty:
LXR – Freak Me (Andrea Doria Mix)

Dave/The Grove:
The Sounds – Painted By Numbers

Tom/Oxford Falls:
Alice In Videoland – Addicted

Chris, Ben and Alex/Manly:
Hilltop Hoods – Cursed From Birth

Alan/Black Betty:
The White Stripes – Fell In Love With a Girl

Dale, Ashley and Scott/Red Hill:
Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disco

Travis/St Ives:
Shiny Toy Guns – Waiting

Ashley, Joscha, Dave/The Grove:
Hilltop Hoods – The Blue Blooded

Tom/Oxford Falls:
Iron Maiden – Two Minutes to Midnight
That should answer that for you oli!!

Balfa_Oli

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks fraser must have missed that part of it.
once again awesome vid.
Will you be bringing out a Perspective 3?