Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

John Sauven, the executive director of Greenpeace UK, called on the British government to do more as hosts of the next UN climate talks, Cop26, now postponed until 2021. “Just a few months of lower emissions were never likely to make a dent in the hundreds of billions tonnes of carbon that have built up over a century and a half of burning fossil fuels,” he said.

“That’s why the drop in emissions caused by the pandemic will remain just a blip unless governments get serious about building a cleaner, healthier and safer world.”
Wholesale lifestyle change is what we need to do.

Wholesale lifestyle destruction is where we are heading.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Read this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-alarm-at-record-breaking-heatwave-in-siberia

Russian towns in the Arctic circle have recorded extraordinary temperatures, with Nizhnyaya Pesha hitting 30C on 9 June and Khatanga, which usually has daytime temperatures of around 0C at this time of year, hitting 25C on 22 May. The previous record was 12C.

In May, surface temperatures in parts of Siberia were up to 10C above average, according to the EU’s Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S). Martin Stendel, of the Danish Meteorological Institute, said the abnormal May temperatures seen in north-west Siberia would be likely to happen just once in 100,000 years without human-caused global heating.
Then read it again.

Try not to be concerned.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
One could argue the deadline has come & gone but the basis of these arguments needs to be drilled into everyone’s consciousness.

The distribution of funding is insane.

Nothing new to see here, but it’s a good summary of the shit we are in.

I'm not optimistic on this front but I expect that commercial property, commuting and travel will see long term structural shifts across the developed world.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If only it was an alien threat rather than climate change. Just imagine how united we would all be in trying to repel them!

How do we know it isn't aliens?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
But is anyone surprised?

People need to forgo convenience. I personally can't wait for this alien master race to arrive and black list all cars and similar personal motorised transport. I also hope they bring transporters!