Post up ya 4WD!

ozz

Likes Bikes
I like them, good onroad and off. I havent had them long enough to say how they are wearing but at 265 a corner fitted and balanced i cant complain!

I used to swap between 33" bfg muddies which were old and leaky for dailys and 35/11.5 silverstone extremes which were just stupid on the road. The feds go well everywhere i just wish i had the gearing for them.

Also have 6x 33" bfg muddies with about 8-11mm on them for sale if anyones interested haha!

moorey

call me Mia
I'm running couragia MT also for daily drivers. You got reamed. I paid $225 a corner for my 35's, fitted. Great tyre for the bucks.

DirtFix

Likes Dirt
This is what i am rebuilding at the moment hopefully have it done in time for the 5th annual Hilux/Surf/4runner meet in May...

1985 LN65 with surf motor, turbo diesel, power steer, 2 inch lift, Pro comp extreme 33x12.5R15 on 15x8 neg 22 Pro comp rims, front auto locker, 4:88 diff gears, extended shackles, 3 inch shocks, extended brake lines, low profile cross member, inboard rear shock kit and u bolt flip kit, diff pushed 35mm forward with customised drag link and tie rod, comfy bucket seats, rebuilt both axles with wheel bearings and seals, swivel hub kit and freewheeling hubs, did the timing belt and water pump and serviced diffs and engine and gearboxes, extended diff breathers, steel tray, soon to get a roll bar with stays and some sliders then maybe a front bar. If anyone is interested in coming along to the Hilux meet we have some huge sponsors on board this year with some really awesome prizes with all funds raised going to support Ronald McDonald house charities. Details can be found on the facebook page here...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-5th-Annual-HiluxSurf4Runner-Meet/251421561589349
Or on various 4x4 forums. Website coming soon!

ozz

Likes Bikes
Where'd you get them for 225? I went out for a day trip yesterday with the new sliders and roof rack and stuff. Im loving these tyres they are good everywhere and when these wear out if i can get a new set for 225ea i will be for sure.

Im thinking i need a diesel now gas has doubled in price over 2 months

couple of pics from yesterday

moorey

call me Mia
From a dealer in Dandenong. I'll track down his number. He got a bulk lot, but that was 8 odd months ago.

carpetrunner

Likes Dirt
Hazel D110 td5

Hazel has been a member of the family for just on 10 years now.
The mods are...I've errr... not raised anything, the tyres are standard,
ummm... I added a 3rd brake light...
doesn't really need anything - just goes, gets us there and back

IMG_0473crop.jpg

moorey

call me Mia
Friggin eBay strikes again. Someone please take my cheap 35" Simex Tyres off my hands so I can get some progress made on building up an AM machine please......
you know it makes sense and your rig will thank you for it,.....

DirtFix

Likes Dirt
My latest project. 1985 LN65 with surf motor 2.4 Turbo diesel power steer, 4:88 diffs with auto locker up front, Backing plate eliminators on the front, superior low profile cross member, locktup 4x4 extended shackles, 2 inch OME springs and 3 inch EFS elite shocks, inboard rear shock kit from Budscutoms, seats from a Isuzu MU, airtech snorkel, steel tray, 15x8 pro comp rims with negative 22 offset wearing a brand new set of pro comp extreme mud tyres, extended diff breathers, modified leaf packs, stretched wheelbase, beefed up steering arms, U bolt flip in the rear blah blah blah. It was pretty much stock when i got it except for a worn out leaf pack some bald 33s and the surf motor. Have rebuilt almost everything on it bar the engine and gearbox. Getting sliders this weekend and it needs a new turbo soon. Been busting my arse to get it ready for the annual Hilux/Surf/4Runner meet in May.

chris95

Likes Dirt
Hey guys here's a picture of my 1997 3Litre Sr5 hilux when i first got it(dont have recent pic on computer), the one of the left, car now has arb steel winch bar, hella rallye 4000's spotties and a few other small things. I absolutely love this thing coming from driving my parents petrol prado, only thing is the lack of power.(i understand its a diesel hilux lol)

So quick question i have been offer'd a full ct-20 turbo kit off a hilux surf, has anyone install one of these on the 5L engine? Any tips ect and does anyone know if the whole kit will fit, or will i need to change a few things such a exhaust manifold?

Attachments

Last edited:

DirtFix

Likes Dirt
Hey guys here's a picture of my 1997 3Litre Sr5 hilux when i first got it(dont have recent pic on computer), the one of the left, car now has arb steel winch bar, hella rallye 4000's spotties and a few other small things. I absolutely love this thing coming from driving my parents petrol prado, only thing is the lack of power.(i understand its a diesel hilux lol)

So quick question i have been offer'd a full ct-20 turbo kit off a hilux surf, has anyone install one of these on the 5L engine? Any tips ect and does anyone know if the whole kit will fit, or will i need to change a few things such a exhaust manifold?
I know the CT20 will work on the 2.8 litre 3L engine with a different turbo manifold (stud pattern is slightly different) but not sure if it will work on the 3 litre 5L motor. From memory its a different set up. I dont have alot of experience with the 5L. If it all looks like it will fit and all you need to change is the manifold i say give it a try. You should be able to get someone to fabricate a manifold to suit easy enough.

chris95

Likes Dirt
I know the CT20 will work on the 2.8 litre 3L engine with a different turbo manifold (stud pattern is slightly different) but not sure if it will work on the 3 litre 5L motor. From memory its a different set up. I dont have alot of experience with the 5L. If it all looks like it will fit and all you need to change is the manifold i say give it a try. You should be able to get someone to fabricate a manifold to suit easy enough.
Cheers mate, i have done a little research and apparently the whole L series use the same block so it should be similar to the 3L, apparetly the turbo will spool up earlier in the rev range due to the turbo being set up for a 2.4litre engine but is nothing to worry about. I know i will have to get a manifold fabricated, do you think an exhaust shop would do it?

DirtFix

Likes Dirt
Maybe mate, its not that hard. I have seen guys knock them up out of cut up pieces of tube. Ask the exhaust shop and failing that find an automotive engineer or turbo shop. You may even find someone who has done it before. And the fact that the turbo spools earlier is a bonus in my books, better low down power when crawling offroad. Good luck man and let us know here how ya go with it. Id be very interested to see it completed.

chris95

Likes Dirt
Maybe mate, its not that hard. I have seen guys knock them up out of cut up pieces of tube. Ask the exhaust shop and failing that find an automotive engineer or turbo shop. You may even find someone who has done it before. And the fact that the turbo spools earlier is a bonus in my books, better low down power when crawling offroad. Good luck man and let us know here how ya go with it. Id be very interested to see it completed.
All rite cheers mate, i have access to welding and cutting equipment so if I can get a good idea on what needs to be made I might even try knock it up myself. Yer thats true, cheers man will do.

ozz

Likes Bikes
Well mines up for sale. Need it gone to fund my next one.

I'm trying to buy a gu ute and eventually build it up to have about 4" spring lift, extended shock mounts, 35s probably when they wear out some big rubber 37+. 5 link or superflex arm front end. I want to buy a welder and make up my own bar work and tray make some chassis mods, get a nice big turbo for the td42t etc.

But before i can even start that project i need mine gone to afford a stock ute, god damn they are expensive.

And my shameless plug:carsales if anyones interested haha