Post your 29er!

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Thanks JT, Yeah I will see how it feels on the trail, but likely with go to a lower stack top cap and return the bars upright.

Thanks for the frameskin tip - what is included in the kit (just down and top tubes, with cable rub and chainstay stickers?) Are they based in USA?

JT145

Likes Bikes
Thanks JT, Yeah I will see how it feels on the trail, but likely with go to a lower stack top cap and return the bars upright.

Thanks for the frameskin tip - what is included in the kit (just down and top tubes, with cable rub and chainstay stickers?) Are they based in USA?
My bike is currently in the shop getting the forks reduced to 130, so I'll be flipping my bars back up the other way too. I have already had one incident where levers and shifter met the top tube.. Lucky I had the Frameskin.

The kit comes with everything from top tube, down tube underside, chainstays, seat stays etc. etc. I actually dont even think I used them all.
Not a cheap kit, but worth it if you've got such a nice frame like you do.

They are actually based in Canberra.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Awesome Yeti, that. Love the slammed front end.

Here's my new Spec Marathon:

I hate, hate, hate the brakes. XTs are on their way. Also need a shorter stem & wider bars.

But damn it's fast...
Not bad at all. What's it replacing? The Lynskey?

Are the current brakes Avid XXs?

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
FInished - 9.9kg with my Ritchie Paradigm pedals or 10.1kg with the XT pedals as pictured here, pretty stoked with that.

Still some RD tuning to go and some frame protection, and cut the steerer, but otherwise feels great around the backyard
Shit. The. Bed.

Stunning, I want one.

nzdans

Likes Dirt
I gave in earlier in the week.. needed to treat myself and assist with my feeble attempts at racing XC. This was the one little old lady owner special(ized) 2014 Epic Expert Carbon. So far all I've done is put some Ikons on (the stock tyres weren't too bad though) and the carbon 3T risers off my old (2010 alloy 26") Epic. I'll be ditching most of the SWAT shit, and adding more goodies from the old Epic; MT8s, XX Gripshift, Ti hardware, XO rear mech, XTR cassette.. Maybe even my 180mm Turbine cranks (we'll see what the scales say).

Previous owner didn't ride this thing in the wet, doubt it had seen mud:

Matches my ute, and my Mach 5 (damn!)

Now it's seen mud.

So yep, it's my first big wheeler, and what can i say other than why didn't I do it earlier?

Edit: tried to get rid of jumbo sized pic, oh well.

Attachments

Ivan

Eats Squid
Nice Epic,

I have found the SpecialEd tyres to be pretty good, especially in the way they start transition into slide/drift. The tyres that come stock on the Epic are very lightweight, low rolling resistance, low cornering grip style XC race tyres though, so if you want more cornering grip an upgrade of at least the front tyre is necessay.

If you want to flog off the SWAT gear, send me a pm.

dmwill

Likes Dirt
Been a while since I posted here.

Decided it was time for a change from my old Giant Reign and picked up a 2014 XTC Adv SL1 the other week. Having spent the last few years getting into road cycling, it influenced my decision to buy something better suited to riding longer distances, and the goal of doing Cape to Cape next year.

Within 3 days of collecting it, Frameskin was applied and new tyres fitted (Ardent Race/Ikon combo), then I took it into the last round of CX for the year (hence being covered in mud).

I've been getting around on a Mongoose Teocali since starting to ride off road again about this time last year. Had a tonne of fun. I saw this in the classifieds and jumped on it. Am stoked. Rides beautifully and to me looks an absolute treat. Thanks Robb for putting a screaming deal. Now hoping the Sydney weather holds out for the weekend so I can get it dirty.
IMG_5245.jpg

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Finally got the Twinzer out of the shed again to go for spin and this time I had a camera...

Changes since last time include the wonderful SID XX WC fork which suits this rig down to the ground and back up again...and an SLX chainset because this thing needs a large Q factor Crank which the lovely White Industries ENO wasn't... And a new rear rim because I split the original trying to run a featherweight tyre at low pressures...which ain't good for a sub 400 gram alloy rim under a larger gentleman. Now runs a wider and slightly stouter Alex Volar 2.3...all is good
[/IMG]

Big JD

Wheel size expert
new SCHBC

Alot has changed
new warranty replacement frame XXL
KS Lev
Fox 34s @ 120mm
Renthal stem
Answer 760mm carbon bars
Maxxis Icon rear and Ardent race front (top setup folks)
new XT 1 x 11 speed on its way- currently 1 x 10 speed with Praxxis cassette.

Wicked rig- fits me beautifully. Light, fast and capable- only slightly miss a FS in the chunk.

Attachments

mitchy_

Llama calmer
i bought a cheap frame and built it up with some left overs and ended up with this...

2014 Giant Talon
2013 Fox 32 Factory TALAS 95-120
Sram Guide R
X0 10spd
XTR cassette
Farsport carbon wheels
2.35" Ikons

i honestly dont know why i built it, as i expected it to be bone jarring with all the rocks at my local... but it's actually quite civilised, and pretty nimble to boot.

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Alot has changed
new warranty replacement frame XXL
KS Lev
Fox 34s @ 120mm
Renthal stem
Answer 760mm carbon bars
Maxxis Icon rear and Ardent race front (top setup folks)
new XT 1 x 11 speed on its way- currently 1 x 10 speed with Praxxis cassette.

Wicked rig- fits me beautifully. Light, fast and capable- only slightly miss a FS in the chunk.
Looking sick JD. this bike changes every time I see it!!